Forums

Topic: Nintendo Highlights Security Due To The PlayStation Network Attack

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

Epic

Untitled

Nintendo is asking Club Nintendo members permission to collect users personal data as part of its new privacy policy following the massive attack on the PlayStation Network and Sony Online. Those that don’t wish to comply with the new terms and conditions will have their membership cancelled according to trade publication MCV.

“At Nintendo we respect the privacy rights of our online visitors and we recognise the importance of protecting your personal details.”

“To allow us to implement additional features on our website, to improve our products and to adapt them to our users’ needs and preferences, we need your permission to gather information about your online activities on our website and with Nintendo products.”

“We look forward to seeing you again on our website soon, and hope you will enjoy the new generation in video gaming together with us.”

• Club Nintendo email

Source: mynintendonews.com

PSN: Epic-ZX

Aviator

Has nothing to do with the PSN.

“To allow us to implement additional features on our website, to improve our products and to adapt them to our users’ needs and preferences, we need your permission to gather information about your online activities on our website and with Nintendo products.”

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

theblackdragon

yeah, this looks like it has nothing to do with the PSN. there's no mention of what steps are being taken to protect our information at all, it's just telling us why they're specifically having to ask permission now and giving us the option to opt out of the service entirely if we don't want to be there. that kind of thing is required by law.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.