Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct Japan, 2012 June 22

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Tsuchinoko

I didn't know if someone was going to make a forum about this, and I didn't see an NL article on it, so I thought I'd post some of the news from the Japanese Nintendo Direct. In Japan we got a decent one.

-Dragon Quest X
-Zero 2(Fatal Frame2) Wii edition
-Kirby Anniversary Collection, also an explanation on Kirby goods for the Club Nintendo, with added bonuses for members who register Kirby games.
-Pokemon Black 2/White 2
-Smash Brothers WiiU and 3DS with Namco members, also mentioning messages from Sakurai and other crew on the Nintendo website
-Culdcept, a turn based board-game style RPG
-Pocket Soccer League, with online support and ranking posts for players teams
-Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers an RPG from Atlus
-Lost Heroes from Namco, a cross-over RPG with Ultra-man, Kamen Raider and Gundun characters
-Sengoku Musou Chronicle 2nd
-AKB48+Me a 3DS music game featuring (extremely) popular group AKB48
-Ex-Troopers, a cel-shaded action game similar to Sin and Punishment, from Capcom
-Project X (pronounced cross) Zone, the now infamous tile RPG game from Namco, Sega, and Capcom, with an explanation on the battles
-Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, a fantasy RPG from Square-Enix. The demo is on the e-shop in Japan right now. The music and voice acting sounds great.
-New Super Mario Bros. 2, with an explanation on the new gold items in the game, and Gold Rush mode, and the ability to share coin high-scores online
-Dr. Kawashima Oni brain training in 5 minutes. (Oni can mean Devil, but also refers to someone doing something very seriously). Had an explanation on "1 back" mode, which tests your working memory.
-Presentation on LL size 3DS, with an explanation on the size differences, and that it will not come with an adapter, but will use the same as 3DS.
-New Artistic taste classroom (I believe its called New art studio in the west?), this game is recommended for the larger 3DS
-Animal Crossing 3DS (とびだす どうぶつの森, like, "coming out-animal forest") With an explanation on the customization of both the inside and outside of the houses
E-Shop titles
-Gyoretsu Nagerupu, a puzzle game where you match colors with same people standing in a procession
-An explanation on the 1 year anniversary of the e-shop with 20% sale.
-Kid Icarus AR card game in 3 volumes, sold from the Nintendo web page
-New download quests for Monster Hunter 3G
-New demos coming for Devil Summoner, Ex-troopers, Sengoku Musou Chronicle 2nd, and Lost Heroes

And also a post-presentation video for Dragon Quest X.

Lots of good stuff coming.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

Just an extra note. I will be in and out of the apartment this weekend. I know this page looks a little sloppy, so I'll be cleaning it up and adding more details when I can.

arrmixer

thank you for all the hard work.... I'll reading the next one you do whenever it comes up.

this is off topic but do you know of any good books for me to learn japanese??

Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

@arrmixer Not really. I mean, there's college textbooks, but I rarely keep those around. I don't really study with books, I have a ton of dictionaries, both paper and electronic, and I study with novels, music, television and some online programs, but usually I just practice in conversations.

Geonjaha

So...false alarm for us in EU and NA really then?
Seeing as we're not getting a Nintendo direct and the news seems all for Japan.
I hope this isnt going to become a trend - Japan only presentations...

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

SirSmugleaf

Geonjaha wrote:

So...false alarm for us in EU and NA really then?Seeing as we're not getting a Nintendo direct and the news seems all for Japan.I hope this isnt going to become a trend - Japan only presentations...

Yep, Nintendo confirmed that it is ONLY for Japan.

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

Tsuchinoko

Geonjaha wrote:

So...false alarm for us in EU and NA really then?Seeing as we're not getting a Nintendo direct and the news seems all for Japan.I hope this isnt going to become a trend - Japan only presentations...

It most likely will be a regular thing, these Japan-only presentations, though there will be NA and EU ones as well sometimes.

Anyway, there is not an Aug. 29th Nintendo Direct thread that someone else has made, something much less formal than what I was planning. You can chat about it there.

Hokori

Wait what time is this going to be at? How long anyway, we cause I woke myself up so I could watch it because I thought it was on an hour ago

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

SirSmugleaf

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

Wait what time is this going to be at? How long anyway, we cause I woke myself up so I could watch it because I thought it was on an hour ago

It's on in an hour and 10 minutes, to be exact!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

Hokori

Ok thanks I guess I'll go back to bed, since I don't wanna stay up I'll catch it in a few hours

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Marakuto

Animal Crossing:Jump Out, comes out on 8th of November for Japan. You're lucky since you'd get to play a game I waited a long time for.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

arrmixer

@Tsuchinoko
thank you for the response understood . I'll keep digging.

Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

@Marakuto I always feel bad, because there's all these games that players in the west wish they could play, and when they're available here and I don't play them I feel like its sort of a shame. I've actually never played an Animal Crossing games (we call it 動物の森 Forest of the Animals, I like that title better), or Pokemon, or a lot of these other franchises.

Hokori

If only we could gift games on 3DS and from other regions at that, then I could give tsuchinoko VVVVVV and he could give me something cool as well

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.