Forums

Topic: RUMOR: Nintendo are adopting the points sytem for eShop?

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Dizzy_Boy

'veheard through the grapevine that Nintendo are changing the eShop payment system from using cash values to points, much like the Wii and DSi shops.
Personally I think it's a bit silly because everyone is going to have go back to working out how much they're spending on downloads again.
Ok, so it's not hard to do the math, but it's just unnecessary. Things are just fine as they are.
What do you guys think if this rumour is true?

Edited on by theblackdragon

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Midnight3DS

They just changed over to dollars. Bad rumor is bad.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Dizzy_Boy

@Tasuki I was told from somebody who worked for GAME here in the UK.
I know it's only at rumour stage, but, considering that GAME are now exclusively selling eShop cards for retail games, the rumour has a slight grain of truth to it.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

6ch6ris6

wouldnt make any sense. but it is nintendo so it would make sense for them i guess

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Klimbatize

Nothing to see here.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

LzWinky

dizzy_boy wrote:

I know it's only at rumour stage, but, considering that GAME are now exclusively selling eShop cards for retail games, the rumour has a slight grain of truth to it.

Did you hear? Nintendo will make games for the PS5 when it comes out. Source here!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

C-Olimar

dizzy_boy wrote:

GAME. GAME are the people who told me about a year ago that Nintendo Points would work on the eShop ("as it's the same Nintendo download shop") then in August last year told me my brother couldn't transfer his DSiWare games to his 3DS ("DSiWare doesn't work on 3DS as they use a different shop")

C-Olimar

C-Olimar

RikuzeYre wrote:

They do work^

No they really don't. Nintendo have stated this on multiple occasions. I'd expect GAME to know this.

Or are you talking about DSiWare? Because I already knew that, we transferred the games anyway!

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

SubBronze

I wouldn't trust a GAME employee with any news. Once I went in asking about the possibility of a system transfer in-store when the 3DS XL first came out. They had no idea what they were talking about, and bull-pooped on for 5 minutes with a process he was obviously making up as he was going along.

It would make no sense for Nintendo to go back to a point-based system, they now have two consoles which use a much simpler monetary-based system. False rumour is false.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.