News Forum

Topic: Majora's Mask to win GameFAQs' Game of the Decade?

Showing 1 to 13 of 13

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kokiriboy99

1. Posted:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/
As much as I love Majora's Mask (and all things Zelda), I can't help but feel like it's out of place......

The Legend of Zelda certainly has the habit of topping GameFaqs' poll-contests (best series, best character, best game ever, etc.), but it really surprises me to see a title that's as divisive as Majora's Mask all the way at the top. It makes me think: are people voting for it as an alternative to voting for older Zelda titles like OoT or ALttP? Are most GameFAQs voters just die-hard Zelda fans? Is that even representative of the gaming community?

I fully expected Final Fantasy X to win. And, personally, I really wanted Super Mario Galaxy to take the crown.

What do you guys think?

Edited on by kokiriboy99

kokiriboy99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RedYoshi999

2. Posted:

Well since Majora's Mask is my favourite game of all time I'm very happy to see the praise it deserves and what higher praise can there be than Game of the Decade?

Wii FC: 8618 6010 9640 8956

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Swiket

3. Posted:

It's GameFAQs.

That's really all I have to say about the matter. It's GameFAQs.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

4. Posted:

Its a game that you need an efffing FAQ/Walkthrough for!! :D Maybe thats why it won!

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

5. Posted:

Mario Party Fan 999 wrote:

Well since Majora's Mask is my favourite game of all time I'm very happy to see the praise it deserves and what higher praise can there be than Game of the Decade?

COD of course :p

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

6. Posted:

Otaku wrote:

Mario+Party+Fan+999 wrote:

Well since Majora's Mask is my favourite game of all time I'm very happy to see the praise it deserves and what higher praise can there be than Game of the Decade?

COD of course :p

How does a cod beat a moon crashing into the world? :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

7. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

Otaku wrote:

Mario+Party+Fan+999 wrote:

Well since Majora's Mask is my favourite game of all time I'm very happy to see the praise it deserves and what higher praise can there be than Game of the Decade?

COD of course :p

How does a cod beat a moon crashing into the world? :O

Because COD has N00B T00Bz and stuff ya know Online and HD graphics N junk like that duhhh

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

8. Posted:

Otaku wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Otaku wrote:

Mario+Party+Fan+999 wrote:

Well since Majora's Mask is my favourite game of all time I'm very happy to see the praise it deserves and what higher praise can there be than Game of the Decade?

COD of course :p

How does a cod beat a moon crashing into the world? :O

Because COD has N00B T00Bz and stuff ya know Online and HD graphics N junk like that duhhh

A fish doesn't have online silly thing :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

9. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

Otaku wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Otaku wrote:

Mario+Party+Fan+999 wrote:

Well since Majora's Mask is my favourite game of all time I'm very happy to see the praise it deserves and what higher praise can there be than Game of the Decade?

COD of course :p

How does a cod beat a moon crashing into the world? :O

Because COD has N00B T00Bz and stuff ya know Online and HD graphics N junk like that duhhh

A fish doesn't have online silly thing :P

NO! HIS NAME IS SOAP, best name ever . ok (im kidding MM is def the best of 2000's)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HeroOfTime007

10. Posted:

Call of Duty 2 of course, not even Majora's Mask and Banjo Tooie combined can top it.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thereefernander

11. Posted:

Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask.
Period.

Proud owner of a 3DS for the sole purpose to buy Ocarina of Time 3D to recover nostalgia of the best game ever.

3DS FC: 3351-4158-2493

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

12. Posted:

I owned Ocarna of Time for the N64 and still have fond memories of the game. Even though upon completion I only had 99 of the 100 skulltillas. I tried scouring through the entire game, but could never find the last one. Does anyone know where I might have misplaced that last skulltilla? It still kind of bothers me to this day. Recently I even contemplated downloading OoT from the WiiShop Virtual Console, just to see if I could finally accomplish 100% completion. I decided not to, because I was torn between OoT and Majora's Mask. I have never experienced Majora's Mask. But I've heard that the feeling of reward isn't there in the gameplay like in OoT, because of the 3 day time limit. Can someone help sway my decision. Should I stick to my roots with OoT and relive a game I still hold found and dear. And finally acquire that last skulltilla. Or should I take a chance on Majora's Mask and a new experience or will I be dissatisfied?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

13. Posted:

@WiiAboutU: if you're missing only one, chances are you'll need to go down a list of them to figure out which one you missed. there are guides on gameFAQs that contain lists of every gold skulltula for you.

that said, if you need help choosing between VC games, the VC recommendations thread is the place to ask opinions. please feel free to do so. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

Sorry, this topic has been locked.