News Forum

Topic: EA settles huge lawsuit, no more NCAA FB games

Showing 1 to 14 of 14

AuthorMessage
brucelebnd

brucelebnd

1. Posted:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/2...

with poor Madden sales and EA no longer making NCAA football makes, let's just say they're done.

ohh yeah they have to pay out this settlement to over a 100,000 players

brucelebnd

AuthorMessage
bezerker99

bezerker99

2. Posted:

I had heard about this lawsuit. Wow! :o

EDIT: I have one of the earliest EA college football games - Bill Walsh College Football for SEGA CD. IIRC, no actual player's likenesses are in that game....just Bill Walsh.

Edited on by bezerker99

"Everyone gets old but not everyone gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
Kapp'n doesn't give a squid
All work and no play makes Zerk a dull boy.
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D Review
My name in a video game.

Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
NEWKOTMFORWiiU

NEWKOTMFORWiiU

3. Posted:

Serves them right.

NEWKOTMFORWiiU

AuthorMessage
CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

4. Posted:

Looks like EA has a shot at being the reigning champs 3 years running.

200-300,000 players, according to this link, btw: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9731696/ea-spo...

And yeah, considering that most of the yearly installments have innovations limited to an updated roster, $40mil was probably the budget for the next 8 years worth of Madden games. Time to pack it in, boys.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

I am your poorly translated JRPG.

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

5. Posted:

We can do without the insults -Lz

EA isn't going anywhere.

Edited on by LztheQuack

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
edhe

edhe

6. Posted:

Will the athletes see a penny of this settlement?

I don't know much about college football in America, but I read they are basicaly indentured slaves to the colleges. They aren't allowed to make any money as amateurs, but they make a hell of a lot of money for the colleges.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
Shut the heck up, yadon
You cannot #StopGamerGate

Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

7. Posted:

edhe wrote:

Will the athletes see a penny of this settlement?

I don't know much about college football in America, but I read they are basicaly indentured slaves to the colleges. They aren't allowed to make any money as amateurs, but they make a hell of a lot of money for the colleges.

Once you are a professional (getting paid) athlete, you are unable to compete in school athletics. So all of the college football players are unable to earn a salary while playing, but the school is free to sell jerseys and merchandise with the names and likenesses of the players on them and keep the money for themselves. I think the former players (who are no longer at school) will see pay cheques right away, but it may be tricky for the guys currently on the roster who appeared. Maybe they will have to wait until they have finished school or turned pro before they can be paid?

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

8. Posted:

ActionMan wrote:

EA isn't going anywhere.

Nobody is implying that they are. This thread is about football games, which EA will probably not continue making.

Edited on by LztheQuack

I am your poorly translated JRPG.

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

9. Posted:

ActionMan wrote:

EA isn't going anywhere.

Wow, you told those people who didn't say anything relevant to that!

Edited on by LztheQuack

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

10. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

ActionMan wrote:

EA isn't going anywhere.

Wow, you told those people who didn't say anything relevant to that!

I guess you can't read...

brucelebnd wrote:

with poor Madden sales and EA no longer making NCAA football makes, let's just say they're done.

CaviarMeths wrote:

And yeah, considering that most of the yearly installments have innovations limited to an updated roster, $40mil was probably the budget for the next 8 years worth of Madden games. Time to pack it in, boys.

Edited on by LztheQuack

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
Obtuse

Obtuse

11. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

ActionMan wrote:

EA isn't going anywhere.

Nobody is implying that they are. This thread is about football games, which EA will probably not continue making.

Yes they will. FIFA is a mainstay for EA across the world. What did you mean by football? ;)

Edited on by LztheQuack

Obtuse

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy

12. Posted:

@Obtuse, this discussion is about Madden and american football, not fifa and european football. They're two completely different sports, both of which EA have made games for for along time now.

http://www.gamercreated.com/user/id/17078
http://www.youtube.com/plotyourdownfall
NNID: Dr_Dizzy
i`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.

AuthorMessage
Obtuse

Obtuse

13. Posted:

dizzy_boy wrote:

@Obtuse, this discussion is about Madden and american football, not fifa and european football. They're two completely different sports, both of which EA have made games for for along time now.

I used a sarcastic smiley?

Obtuse

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
unrandomsam

unrandomsam

14. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

We can do without the insults -Lz

EA isn't going anywhere.

They will last until Microsoft decides it is time. (It will start with some type of partnership end up with no more EA).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.