News Forum

Topic: Details new wii out?

Showing 41 to 60 of 66

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhillaLoup

41. Posted:

Nintendo is on the top right now - it wouldn't make any sense to bring Wii 2 because every month that goes by Nintendo is developing on this new console until it's perfect and can be sold for a low price ... Miyamoto or Iwata said I year ago or so, that they already had more or less the technology for wiimotion+ in 2006 (wii launch) but the overall package would be to expensive for the customers...

Edited on by PhillaLoup

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

Twitter: PhillaLoup

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TJtheHeretic

42. Posted:

id only get this if we could transfer virtual console/wiiware games to it, i have 400$ worth and i dnt wana lose it

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Percentful

43. Posted:

TJtheHeretic wrote:

id only get this if we could transfer virtual console/wiiware games to it, i have 400$ worth and i dnt wana lose it

Then why not keep your old wii also? I can understand not keeping an old DS, but with most consoles, I keep the old console along with the new one.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

44. Posted:

Yeah, because everybody has infinite storage space in their houses, right? I don't keep any more consoles on hand than I NEED to to be able to play games. Working under the (likely) assumption that the next Nintend console will be backwards compatible, it only makes sense for us to want to move our downloads over and go on with just one console! Especially if the next console is HD and has upconverting capabilities for the older games.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CheifThunder

45. Posted:

Reala wrote:

Don't believe it, HD support is pretty much guaranteed but blu-ray I seriously doubt that.

not really,ninty use dvd's when they use to use cartridge and refused to use cds or dvd,many moons ago.
Bluray is now cheap and mainstream now,it would also encourage the none gamers or casual gamer to buy a wii 2 for bluray movies and 3D movies.
imagine zelda on bluray with highrr spec...

console/wii speak:Cheif 1946-8010-7975-7566 *MarioKart:Cheif 1162-1932-4851
*COD Reflex:NWC-Cheif 2258-6973-0031 *Tatsunoko vs Capcom:CHEIF 1376-9439-0913
*The Conduit:NL]Cheif 0389-1238-5809 *SSBBrawl:CHEIF 4941-7979-0037

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CheifThunder

46. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Yeah, because everybody has infinite storage space in their houses, right? I don't keep any more consoles on hand than I NEED to to be able to play games. Working under the (likely) assumption that the next Nintend console will be backwards compatible, it only makes sense for us to want to move our downloads over and go on with just one console! Especially if the next console is HD and has upconverting capabilities for the older games.

I read some where online ninty were spending millions of $$$$$ on R&D in backwards compatibility and their spending was increasing.

console/wii speak:Cheif 1946-8010-7975-7566 *MarioKart:Cheif 1162-1932-4851
*COD Reflex:NWC-Cheif 2258-6973-0031 *Tatsunoko vs Capcom:CHEIF 1376-9439-0913
*The Conduit:NL]Cheif 0389-1238-5809 *SSBBrawl:CHEIF 4941-7979-0037

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

47. Posted:

3D glasses type movies and games looks unlikely on the next Nintendo, Nintendos president isn't too keen on the idea:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/iwata_has_doubts_about_3d_in_t...

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

48. Posted:

@CheifThunder: Good, that's exactly what they SHOULD be doing! If there's one lesson EVERY game console-making company needs to learn from this generation, it's that lack of BC=major FAIL!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

49. Posted:

I hope if the Wii2 does use a Bluray it can play movies. I would hate to pay for Bluray technology in a console and NOT have a movie function, since players are still pretty expensive.

Although the Bluray movie strategy didn't work out as well for Sony as they had hoped, I think that was because the technology was just SO expensive at the time, and fewer people had HDTVs. Now I think it could be helpful to convince some of the "casual" crowd to upgrade, because they'll be able to see a very distinct advantage to owning the Wii2. "I just got this newfangled HDTV; it'd be neat to try Bluray movies out. The Wii2 is about the same price as a PS3 (assuming it launches at $250 again, and the PS3 has a price drop), and I can sell my Wii and keep my games. Well, I probably should, since this is what they'll be making Wii Fit 5 on, and DVDs will probably be as rare as VHS tapes in a few years."

It would be pretty awesome too if it supported the peripherals from this gen as well. I'd love to see it come with a Wiimote with Motion+ built in, but I'd really like it to still use the ones I've already spent money on, at least for Wii games if they improve the technology in the controllers for Wii2 games. Balance board compatibility is a must though; those things aren't cheap! That would give Ninty a continuing price advantage over the HD twins motion systems.

It would be cool if they did what Apple does with their Genius Bars, where you can take in your old Wii to a Gamestop or something, and they have the tools to transfer all your data to your Wii2. Hopefully the next console will have purchases tied to an account instead of the machine, if they can't implement that feature for the Wii before the change.

Edited on by Token_Girl

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

50. Posted:

@Token Girl: I agree with everything you said except for the assertion that the Bluray in the PS3 didn't work out too well. It was one of the main reasons Bluray won the format war, and it's actually STILL a huge selling point for the system!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Firkraag

51. Posted:

Reala wrote:

Well it is a Sony product.

Blu-ray is the new standard for HD discs, therefor Sony has no right to deny anyone using it. Even Nintendo and Microsoft. Making a new console without a blu-ray player is a very bad idea.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

52. Posted:

@Stuffy

I didn't mean that it didn't do well, so much that it didn't do as well as I think they had hoped after the success of the PS2. The fact that it provided a relatively cheaper DVD player was a huge reason that system dominated from the beginning of last gen.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

53. Posted:

@Token Girl: Oh, you were referring to THAT! Well...the PS2 did well with DVD because of its price and timing. The PS3 was a hard sell at $600 when HDTV's were still a lot less common than they are today. A lot of people thought the machine didn't need Bluray at all. They were short-sighted fools, of course (as evidenced by the 35 gig games fitting comfortably onto one disc each), but that's what they thought nonetheless. Only recently have people started to realize the genious of Sony's long-term plans for the PS3 as the 360 is starting to look a bit underpowered in comparison as developers learn how to harness the PS3's power. Totally worth it in the long run.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CheifThunder

54. Posted:

Reala wrote:

3D glasses type movies and games looks unlikely on the next Nintendo, Nintendos president isn't too keen on the idea:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/iwata_has_doubts_about_3d_in_t...

The minimuim HZ in a tv for 3D is 200HZ tvs which are coming down in price on certain models.
Nintendo could spend money on inventing their own optical drive,why when bluray caters for everything even piracy.
A new size bluray disc is coming out and compatible with exsiting blu players,i think 320 GB or round about that size.

Edited on by CheifThunder

console/wii speak:Cheif 1946-8010-7975-7566 *MarioKart:Cheif 1162-1932-4851
*COD Reflex:NWC-Cheif 2258-6973-0031 *Tatsunoko vs Capcom:CHEIF 1376-9439-0913
*The Conduit:NL]Cheif 0389-1238-5809 *SSBBrawl:CHEIF 4941-7979-0037

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

55. Posted:

@CheifThunder: Woah, you're WAY off on that Bluray capacity statement! The new coding allows up to 33 gigs, not 320! Jumping from 25 per layer up to 320 would be INSANE!:P

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CheifThunder

56. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@CheifThunder: Woah, you're WAY off on that Bluray capacity statement! The new coding allows up to 33 gigs, not 320! Jumping from 25 per layer up to 320 would be INSANE!:P

i read that on a tech site.
but heres somthing intresting i dont know if you read ninty were applying for the trade mark zii and akso any other ii in the name?
Any ways at zii.com they make cpu's based on stem cell technology,they have a hand held called zii egg that use a 3.2 GHZ cpu small than a finger nail that rarley over heats halfway when graphics are thrown at,it is also low power consumtion.the zii egg also use's 256 DDR....
who knows.

console/wii speak:Cheif 1946-8010-7975-7566 *MarioKart:Cheif 1162-1932-4851
*COD Reflex:NWC-Cheif 2258-6973-0031 *Tatsunoko vs Capcom:CHEIF 1376-9439-0913
*The Conduit:NL]Cheif 0389-1238-5809 *SSBBrawl:CHEIF 4941-7979-0037

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Raylax

57. Posted:

CheifThunder wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@CheifThunder: Woah, you're WAY off on that Bluray capacity statement! The new coding allows up to 33 gigs, not 320! Jumping from 25 per layer up to 320 would be INSANE!:P

i read that on a tech site.
but heres somthing intresting i dont know if you read ninty were applying for the trade mark zii and akso any other ii in the name?
Any ways at zii.com they make cpu's based on stem cell technology,they have a hand held called zii egg that use a 3.2 GHZ cpu small than a finger nail that rarley over heats halfway when graphics are thrown at,it is also low power consumtion.the zii egg also use's 256 DDR....
who knows.

Very old news. The Zii device is unrelated, Nintendo at that point was just filing a load of trademarks to prevent anyone making a copy-cat of the Wii with a similar name.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mnementh

58. Posted:

genius of bluray? dvd underpowered? no that never happened... stupidity, waste, nothing more powered, yes.

"DVDs will probably be as rare as VHS tapes in a few years"

DVD's run on blu-ray machines. That's why it's not like VHS. Why would anyone sell their old ones - they could play them 'forever'. People see them as being the same thing anyway. True, those utilize best the HDTV BS soon to be "obsolete" because of HDTV3D BS2 or the next high capacity optical drive to squeeze more money, but the true winner of gaming/movies and music (movies and music already won, gaming beginning) is online/downloads/piracy/iTunes like.

It's over... they probably will still sell physical copies of games for some time, but whether it will be optical media or not, the same copy will be available online too. Nintendo will fully embrace the online world in their next console. So in this sense, Microsoft deserves credit for their online stuff while Sony was completely wrong. I can't see how they possibly thought that they were right, but then again they also thought mini discs were the future or UMD discs is it and they're still using some kind of memory stick instead of SD cards no? so no surprise there.

Edited on by mnementh

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

59. Posted:

Yeah the "victory" BluRay does seem a bit hollow doesn't it? As you say my DVDs aren't really "wearing out" any time soon so why would I jump on that bandwagon? I'm really more interested to see some kind of video download service come to the Wii or just leverage my Mac Mini (connected to my TV via HDMI at 1280x720p which is just fine with me) with iTunes instead. DVDs are so cheap now I can afford to buy films instead of renting them and just give them away if I don't like them so that's even more of a viable option!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

romulux

60. Posted:

i doubt that article is true, not only because it's half a year old but also since it flies in the face of everything nintendo have been saying about their lack of interest in just making the system HD and leaving it at that. that description makes it sound like the next nintendo will be a PS3, which is absolutely not the direction they want to take.

but to those doubting that blu-ray could ever wind up in a nintendo system, bear in mind that it's just another disc format and that game consoles have always taken advantage of the best format available at the time. the original playstation used a CD-ROM type of disc, but once DVD became available the PS2 and all other game consoles adopted it to take advantage of the extra storage, and the way i see it blu-ray will be adopted for all new game systems for the same reason. it's just a disc that holds more things than the last type did, and given that bigger and bigger HD games are likely on the way, storage is more important than ever. movie playback doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with it.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174