Forums

Topic: 2017 direct:Arms direct 5/17

Posts 41 to 60 of 75

FGPackers

Nintendo is starting to open players for the Direct itself. The wait is almost over!!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

TuVictus

Looking forward to arms info. I'm hoping it's a surprisingly deep game worthy of being full priced and introduced as their next big IP. Splatoon was a success so I'm optimistic

TuVictus

FGPackers

I like the new Direct style really a lot!

FGPackers

IceClimbers

They blasted through those announcements before and after talking about ARMS.

Also, SPLATOON 2 ZOMBIE MODE!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

The direct was really good. In that it had non stop information and announcements. I am very happy with it

TuVictus

FGPackers

Content was really good to me too. Some really unexpected surprises like Payday (even if will not get it maybe ). But the things i'm more interested in are the 2v2 in ARMS and the new Splatoon 2 mode. Nice release dates too

FGPackers

Spennymoor

Solid direct. New Kirkby game coming later this year - yes. Like the new arms character (hope there is 1 or 2 more). Monster Hunter stories seems more my thing than og monhun. Salmon Run looks like a v good mode.

Spennymoor

Nin10dad

More amiibo! Sigh! 127 and counting. Dam my addictive personality....

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

TromboneGamer

A solid direct all around. Holy Moly though the scalpers are pressing refresh buttons like nobody's business for those smash amiibos.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

shaneoh

TromboneGamer wrote:

A solid direct all around. Holy Moly though the scalpers are pressing refresh buttons like nobody's business for those smash amiibos.

Didn't see the direct, but unless there are extremely limited runs like the gold and silver Mario, then there isn't much point. Let them waste their time and money.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

faint

@Tsurii trust me. We are getting both. Story's flopped in Japan. If we are getting that I bet we are getting xx

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

TuVictus

They're up for pre order already?

TuVictus

Bolt_Strike

What a meh Direct. Most of the announcements were boring or expected. The only game that really interest me that I didn't already want is Kirby Blowout Blast.

Also, I doubt that mystery Kirby game is anything big either.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

I'm not sure what people who are disappointing were expecting. This side of E3 it was always going to be a "clearing the decks for E3" sort of Direct. Consider the timeline for games they talked about...

April 25: Puyo Puyo Tetris
April 28: Mario Kart 8
May 11: Minecraft
May 23: Disgaea 5
May 26: Ultra Street Fighter 2
June 13-15: E3
June 16: Arms
June 23: Ever Oasis
June 27: RPG Maker Fes
July 21: Splatoon 2
July 25: Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
July 28: Hey! Pikmin!

Everything before E3? They can't talk about E3 anyway, that stuff needed to be in this Direct assuming there's not another Direct in May. The stuff they talked about after E3? Some of it is super close to E3 but even so that's content they now don't need to spend as much time talking about at E3. Which means at E3 they can spend more time talking about Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem Warriors and whatever else they have.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ianl579

@skywake A very steady stream of games, I was quite pleased. (Also you forgot Fire Emblem on your list!)

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Bolt_Strike

skywake wrote:

I'm not sure what people who are disappointing were expecting. This side of E3 it was always going to be a "clearing the decks for E3" sort of Direct. Consider the timeline for games they talked about...

April 25: Puyo Puyo Tetris
April 28: Mario Kart 8
May 11: Minecraft
May 23: Disgaea 5
May 26: Ultra Street Fighter 2
June 13-15: E3
June 16: Arms
June 23: Ever Oasis
June 27: RPG Maker Fes
July 21: Splatoon 2
July 25: Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
July 28: Hey! Pikmin!

Everything before E3? They can't talk about E3 anyway, that stuff needed to be in this Direct assuming there's not another Direct in May. The stuff they talked about after E3? Some of it is super close to E3 but even so that's content they now don't need to spend as much time talking about at E3. Which means at E3 they can spend more time talking about Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem Warriors and whatever else they have.

Game wise I wasn't expecting much more, but the reveals for some of their announced games were underwhelming. Especially Splatoon 2, Salmon Run just looks okay, but I feel like there's more interesting reveals they haven't shown yet. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's announcements weren't very exciting either. Announcing more Switch features like VC, browsers and apps, customization options, etc. would've been more interesting.

Overall, it's not that they didn't have big announcements, but the announcements they had weren't that good.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

TOUGHDUDE94

Now on to E3 2017 Who thinks they are going to have a mini direct for 3ds and the switch for the main event

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

Overall I give this a B or an 7.5/10.0

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.