Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,779

cookiex

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I definitely think Nintendo Directs are dead, the info announced today certainly feels like it would make up a full Direct.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-news-mario-maker-bundl...

I'm late on this but this late-August info dump has been a thing for the past several years. Even last year when there was a Japanese direct there was still a big press release for the west just a week or two later.

So this means nothing.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

IceClimbers

Yay! That's good news. Wonder when they'll start up again.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

cookiex

IceClimbers wrote:

Yay! That's good news. Wonder when they'll start up again.

Sometime in October methinks.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

WebHead

@cookiex: Yeah I agree to unveil Pikmin 4, mobile game, new service, and maybe new CEO. and pretty much go over Q1 2016.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead: I also agree but also the Smash ballot results being a key thing. The big question surrounding Smash at the moment is "Is the Shovel Knight rumour correct?".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: I imagine we'd only find out about 1 or 2 characters. I seriously doubt we'll know all of the characters that are picked from the Ballot in October. Gotta keep that hype going through Spring 2016.

Anyways, I think this past week was a significant turning point for Nintendo. It marked the end of the Summer of Splatoon (there's still content rolling out though!) and the beginning of the future. From Monday's announcement of Pikmin 4 onward through the end of this year and all of next year, it's going to be some significant times for Nintendo.

Just this past week we've seen the random announcement of Pikmin 4, The Pokemon Company's announcement of mobile game Pokemon Go, and the launch of Super Mario Maker to celebrate Super Mario's 30th anniversary. Now we've got CoroCoro scans revealing Zygarde's new formes, so Pokemon Z or whatever should be announced in the next couple days.

Over the next month or two we've got several game launches, the complete end of Club Nintendo, the end of the Smash Ballot & the next DLC wave, the announcement of the new CEO (hopefully), the unveiling of the new membership service, and the reveal + launch of Nintendo's first mobile game with DeNA. Then there's the rest of the holiday season to finish out the year. Let's not forget the return of Nintendo Direct somewhere in there!

2016 is gonna be a major time period as it will see the unveiling of NX + possible launch in combination with the celebration of Pokemon's 20th anniversary and Zelda's 30th anniversary. Who knows, maybe they'll even do something for Metroid's 30th? There's also gonna be more game launches for 3DS and Wii U and the next 3 DeNA mobile games.

Aozz101x

im happy to see that there continuing the directs without Iwata (even if it's not going be same with him there) this is still somewhat good news.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Wondering if the new president will show up in these...well if not then I'm fine with Reggie.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

I'm guessing a September 30th Direct. It's a Wednesday, there's Smash DLC released on that day (Super Mario Maker) and Club Nintendo is completely over after that day.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano: Yeah I imaginje within the next 5 weeks there'll be a direct. Announce new service, mobile game, Pikmin 4, and Q1 2016 line up I say.

WebHead

IceClimbers

Really need a Direct soon... I feel like the stars are aligned for a Sept. 30th Direct.

>Super Mario Maker stage DLC for Smash releases that day
>Smash Ballot ends on Saturday
>Kimishima named new Nintendo president
>Club Nintendo completely ends after that day
>New membership service still needs to be unveiled, is supposed to be revealed and launched in Fall 2015 (though that might have changed for obvious reasons)
>First DeNA mobile game needs announced
>Pikmin 4 needs revealed
>New characters for HW Legends still need announced
>There's a Super Blood Moon
>NASA is announcing something to do with Mars tomorrow

Please, Nintendo.

WebHead

@IceClimbers: I'm definitely ready for another direct. If this happens and Pikmin 4 isn't shown then it's probably an NX launch title.

I'm really ready to see the mobile title.

WebHead

TOUGHDUDE94

I am thinking of this week or a September 30th or a October 8th is likely.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

My predictions for next direct

--------------------------------------3DS/New 3DS

1.black new 3ds release date for NA region
2.nintendo video replacement (pal got anime channel and japan got the badge center)
3.cross buy with wii u
4.SNES for 3DS virtual console
5 . Phase 3 of sega 3D CLASSICS
6.mario kart 7 update for amiibo

-------------------------------Wii u

1.cross buy with 3ds on virtual console
2.more dlc for mario kart 8
3.new games
Both
1.club nintendo replacement
2. Cross buy
3.more smash dlc
Mobile
1.phase 1 game releases
Unlikely to impossible
1.NX news

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Grumblevolcano

Changing predictions given there isn't one today.

3DS & Wii U
Smash (Wolf, Star Fox Zero stage, Shovel Knight, Shovel Knight stage, Mii costumes, some ballot results)
Hyrule Warriors (More characters announced for 3DS as well as more info about transfer of content between versions)
Indie Sizzle Reel (NA only)
Club Nintendo replacement detailed

Wii U
Super Mario Maker (DLC including the features present in the Smash stage that aren't present in the game)
Star Fox Zero (Star Fox 64 confirmed as a pre-purchase bonus on the eshop)
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (including release date in NA)
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival (including release date worldwide)
GIR#FE
More N64 VC announced (Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Kart 64, Smash Bros. 64, etc.)
Wii U selects line announced (Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD)

3DS
Devilish Brain Training (EU only)
Chibi-Robo Zip Lash
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Yokai Watch
Zelda Tri Force Heroes
FE Fates (Only 1 version (both Nohr and Hoshido stories) available in EU while NA only has them available separately)
Sonic 2 3D (Reminder it is still coming)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

TOUGHDUDE94

@Grumblevolcano: also Nintendo selects line for NA for 3DS and Wii u.

TOUGHDUDE94

CrazyOtto

My Nintendo Direct Predictions:

• Club Nintendo successor is revealed
  • Nintendo's first mobile game is revealed
  • A Mii Maker app also comes to smartphones and tablets
  • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U DLC (Wolf + Star Fox Zero stage, Inkling + Splatoon stage, Fourside, Mii costumes, trophies of Gilgamesh from Tower of Druaga and Shovel Knight)
  • Info on linking both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Hyrule Warriors
  • Quality of Life tease
  • Indie montage
  • A calendar image that shows all of the major releases from October 2015 through March 2016 is revealed
  • Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven 3DS localization announcement with a new title
  • Disney Magical World 2 localization announcement
  • Third Style Savvy North American localization announcement a new title
  • Ducktales Remastered announced for Japan
  • Tetris Ultimate announced for Japan
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked announced for Europe
  • NES Remix Pack announced for Europe and Australia
  • 3D Power Drift, 3D Puyo Puyo 2, and 3D Master System Calssics are announced for worldwide releases on the 3DS eShop
  • 3D Classic Gallery announcement (a compilation of Excitebike, Xevious, Urban Champion, Twinbee, Kirby's Adventure, and Kid Icarus)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising HD announcement for Wii U
  • More Wii games come to the Wii U eShop in all regions
  • Rodea the Sky Soldier details with a Wii U eShop release of the Wii version
  • Mario Party 10 update adds support for more Amiibos
  • Super Mario Amiibos of Rosalina, Wario, Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Daisy, Toadette, Spike, and Bowser Jr. revealed
  • Smash Amiibos of Roy, Ryu, Wolf, and Inkling revealed
  • Super Mario Maker gets an update that adds more Amiibo costumes, Slopes, Angry Sun, standalone Bullet Bill, Thwimp, Bony Beetle, Fire Chomp, Micro Goomba, Female Paragoomba, Spike, Nipper, and more
  • Standard New Nintendo 3DS gets a standalone release date for North America
  • Nintendo Anime Channel comes to North America
  • 3DS and Wii U both get updates that add the ability to take screenshots of any game while suspended in the home menu
  • Wii U gets a multimedia app for photos, sound, and video
  • Flipnote Studio 3D comes to the 3DS eShop for all 3DS users worldwide
  • Collectible Badge Center is released on the 3DS eShop worldwide right after the presentation
  • Wii U and 3DS both get Super Smash Bros. system bundles
  • Nintendo Selects for both Wii U and 3DS games in North America
  • More info and/or release dates on all of the major already announced upcoming games

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

WebHead

@Tsurii: I hope so. we need a direct soon to get some positivity going.

WebHead

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.