Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,779

NintendoFan64

@CrazyOtto A couple of them I can see happening, but others...not so much. Mother 3 is unlikely, seeing as how we already got Earthbound Beginnings this year, and Reggie said there was nothing to announce now regarding it (Though he also said "Never say never", so I think that it'll happen eventually). Plus there's stuff like the Mario Kart 8 dlc, which probably would've been better to announce at E3, so I don't see that happening, and Mario Advance 4 seems like a random choice to make as it's own announcement, aside from maybe the E-reader stages.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

CrazyOtto wrote:

Here's my predictions for what could be in a August Nintendo Direct (obviously it won't have the entire list, that's too big):

• Star Fox Zero details including a release date
  • Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival details including a release date
  • Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash details including a release date
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes details including release date
  • Pokemon Super Mystery Dunegon details including release date
  • Sonic Boom Fire & Ice details including release date
  • Devil's Third details including a release date for North America
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics details including a release date
  • Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water details including a release date for North America, Europe, and Australia
  • Yo-kai Watch release date for North America, Europe, and Australia
  • Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven 3DS localization announcement with a new title
  • Third Style Savvy localization announcement a new title
  • Disney Magical World 2 localization announcement
  • Ducktales Remastered announced for Japan
  • Tetris Ultimate announced for Japan
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked announced for Europe
  • NES Remix Pack announced for Europe and Australia
  • 3D Classic Gallery announcement (a compilation of Excitebike, Xevious, Urban Champion, Twinbee, Kirby's Adventure, and Kid Icarus)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising HD announcement for Wii U
  • Rodea the Sky Soldier details with a Wii U eShop release of the Wii version
  • More Wii games come to the Wii U eShop in all regions
  • Nindie segment
  • Mario Party 10 update adds support for more Amiibos
  • Super Mario Amiibos of Rosalina, Wario, Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Daisy, Toadette, Spike, and Bowser Jr. revealed
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 3 & 4 announcement
  • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U DLC announcements and update
  • Calendar review of 2015 3DS and Wii U releases
  • Super Mario Advance 4 comes to the Wii U VC with all of the World e levels unlocked from the start (with a premium price)
  • WarioWare Twisted comes to the Wii U VC with many controller and screen options (with a premium price)
  • Mother 3 comes to VC in all regions with new official translations (with a premium price)
  • Standard New Nintendo 3DS announced for North America
  • Nintendo Anime Channel comes to Wii U in North America
  • Collectible Badge Center is released on the 3DS eShop worldwide right after the presentation
  • A new premium Wii U bundle that also comes with Super Mario Maker and Nintendo Land is revealed along with a limited Red Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary Edition of the bundle
  • August Splatoon update
  • August Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U update
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 3

This is a good technique. Predict so many things so that at least one will come true

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CrazyOtto

@LztheQuack Thank you, some of the other responders didn't read the part I had in parentheses.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

CrazyOtto

While Iwata himself would want Nintendo Direct to continue, Nintendo Direct's not going to be the same without him.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

WebHead

@CrazyOtto: maybe but he would want Nintendo to move one. I suspect the next direct will be next month. Going over holiday titles, new membership service and first mobile game.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Bolt_Strike

I don't think Iwata's death is going to stop the Nintendo Directs, they've done Directs without him before, and they can do it again. They may choose to wait a little bit though to let the situation settle a little more and buy time to name a successor. So maybe we'll have to wait until September or October.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

They're probably waiting for Tokyo Game Show to do the next general Direct. Not sure there'd be any new announcements outside of localisations of 3DS games or download-only titles (NES Remix 3, SNES Remix?). Outside of that there's only updates and release dates for already-known titles.

That is, until they're ready to show off DeNA stuff (Club Nintendo replacement/network restructure, first mobile game). Until then, I wouldn't expect much else. Though there is the next batch of Smash DLC.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I definitely think Nintendo Directs are dead, the info announced today certainly feels like it would make up a full Direct.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-news-mario-maker-bundl...

I'm not sure it means the end of Directs, but it could take awhile before they appear again. I mean, a Nintendo Direct is one of their last concerns at the moment. I'm positive we'll see them again in some form in the near future.

''· A new combo pack that includes two great games goes on sale Oct. 16. The pack includes both New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U, and will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99.''

Didn't that already exist by the way?

Untitled

Octane

Smash_kirby

It looks like the directs are all but done for the next month at least.

Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

NintyMan wrote:

I don't think Nintendo Directs are dead. They did them just fine without Iwata. There may not be one for a while, but they're not dead. This information dump covered a few bundles, release dates, and amiibo, but not game details and trailers like a Direct would.

I don't think they are either but I think we aren't going to get one until say mid-late September at this point.

Smash_kirby

Octane

@Smash_kirby: I don't think there's much left to announce for this year anyway. Perhaps a couple of new trailers, but that's about it, I don't expect any new games. Perhaps a Direct in October or November to cover some Star Fox and the other holiday titles along with some 2016 games. Didn't they promise a Zelda trailer this year?

Octane

veeflames

@Octane: I don't think they did, but Reggie did mention that a new Zelda U trailer does exist, but Nintendo did not want to show it at E3. I'm guessing it'll probably be shown in the next Direct. Maybe.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

IceClimbers

@Octane: The Zelda footage will probably be shown at The Game Awards like last year.

Anyways, I don't think Directs are dead. Not yet anyway.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@VeeFlamesNL: @IceClimbers: Yeah, I just looked it up after I posted that. They had some footage said Reggie at E3, but decided to save that for a later time. Hopefully we'll get something this year though.

Octane

NinChocolate

My bet is no Zelda or Nin Directs this year. But new loyalty program might get some kind of...thing

NinChocolate

WebHead

@DreamOn: I hope so. I think CN closes next week. We need I do. I know iwata died last month but one has to keep going.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead: No, CN closes September 30th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

octoman2611

A Direct to introduce the new President, announce (potentially release straight after broadcast?) the first mobile game and announce the new loyalty scheme makes a lot of sense to me. They could just as easily announce all of this separate from each other, but just a theory.

octoman2611

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.