Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,779

Eel

Silver Mario, Copper Toad, Patina Luigi, Jade Yoshi, Pink Gold Peach and Platinum Rosalina.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

and Diamond Bowser. (which would be pretty awesome, actually, lol)

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LzWinky

Inkling wrote:

Nintendo's Instagram asks "Can you guess which amiibo will be featuring in the Nintendo Direct?"

Interesting.

Wave 4?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Confirmed for 2016? Bummer

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

TingLz wrote:

Confirmed for 2016? Bummer

Correction: 2017.

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Joeynator3000

Okies I'm back online, decided to kill some time by working on making my Smash Wii U soundtrack. xp
crosses fingers for Rhythm Heaven Trilogy and/or Mario Maker

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Octane

Octane wrote:

Since a Direct is bound to happen soon, I expect the following;

• Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 (trailer + release date)
  • Splatoon (trailer + release date)
  • Super Smash Bros. Mewtwo DLC (release date)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World update

Let's see how this turns out.

I got more than I expected: Mario Maker, Project Zero, FExSMT & a Yoshi amiibo. Awesome!

Didn't like the amiibo cards, I'll take back what I said before, I'm not interested at all anymore.

Octane

iKhan

Nintendo needs to work harder on pacing these directs.

It opened REALLY strong, then it completely petered out when they switched to 3DS. Nintendo, would it kill ya to announce some 3DS games for the fall? I mean, c'mon, I bought a 3DS for it's crazy library in 2013, it's been all downhill since. You don't even have to tell us about Nintendo games, I would be ECSTATIC if you just told me Yokai Watch was coming to NA this year.

And your big closing announcement is 200cc in Mario Kart 8? Really? I'm not saying you have to give us a Zelda trailer, but at least tell us something about an UPCOMING game, rather than a game that's a year old.

Also, lol at how straight faced Iwata was when he talked about Mother 3 to North American audiences.

Overall, I give the direct a 7/10. Honestly, it would be a 9/10 if they had simply cut content and had stronger pacing, but I got bored through the end, and that's not good.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DK-Fan

It was a nice direct.

(1) the SSB DLC was a nice suprise. Nothing exciting though.
(2) Finaly N64 and DS VC arrived. Can't wait to play DK64
(3) the fire emblem xSMT looks like...horrible. very stupid.
(4) "there are many great RPGs on 3DS"...No. there are WAY too many RPG's on 3DS, dude
(5) Mario Maker looks fun but I'll wait to see more. ditto with yoshi wooly world.
(6) That splatoon offline co-op mode is a joke. seriously?!
(7) MK8 DLC will arrive this month. yay!
(9) 200c?! awesome!
(10) Fatal frame is coming. that's pretty cool.

All in all..it was ok.

DK-Fan

cookiex

cookiex wrote:

Likely

• New info on:
    Splatoon (release date) May 29th worldwide
    Yoshi's Wooly World June 26th in EU, fall in NA
    Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition New footage
    Xenoblade Chronicles X
    Fire Emblem If New footage, 2015 in Japan, 2016 elsewhere
  • New game reveal
  • Smash Bros. Mewtwo reveal + Lucas
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 Now launching April 23rd
  • Amiibo news New wave coming in June, Splatoon and Yoshi amiibo
  • New VC titles Several new titles

Maybe:

• New info on:
    Devil's Third
    Mario Maker September release
    Project Giant Robot
    Art Academy
  • Club Nintendo replacement
  • NNID improvements
  • Expanded VC roster N64 and DS added

Low chance:

• New info on:
    Star Fox U
    Project Guard
    Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem New footage, 2015 in Japan, 2016 elsewhere presumably
    Retro's new project
    Pikachu detective game

Not happening:

• New info on:
    Zelda U
    NX (as confirmed by the Japanese direct page)
    Smartphone games (see above)

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

skywake

iKhan wrote:

It opened REALLY strong, then it completely petered out when they switched to 3DS. Nintendo, would it kill ya to announce some 3DS games for the fall? I mean, c'mon, I bought a 3DS for it's crazy library in 2013, it's been all downhill since. You don't even have to tell us about Nintendo games, I would be ECSTATIC if you just told me Yokai Watch was coming to NA this year

Honestly when they swapped over to the 3DS that early in the Direct I thought "well there goes my NX is a portable theory". But then, as you said, other than Fire Emblem it was kinda stale. And even with the Fire Emblem stuff, which I'm not really into anyways, the visuals really looked dated. Especially after the SMTxFE trailer.....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

iKhan

skywake wrote:

iKhan wrote:

It opened REALLY strong, then it completely petered out when they switched to 3DS. Nintendo, would it kill ya to announce some 3DS games for the fall? I mean, c'mon, I bought a 3DS for it's crazy library in 2013, it's been all downhill since. You don't even have to tell us about Nintendo games, I would be ECSTATIC if you just told me Yokai Watch was coming to NA this year

Honestly when they swapped over to the 3DS that early in the Direct I thought "well there goes my NX is a portable theory". But then, as you said, other than Fire Emblem it was kinda stale. And even with the Fire Emblem stuff, which I'm not really into anyways, the visuals really looked dated. Especially after the SMTxFE trailer.....

Oh yeah, I forgot about the NX. That definitely puts things into perspective. If Nintendo's not supporting the 3DS, it probably means they have something coming down the pipeline. But if I'm going to be honest, that's starting to make me a bit uncomfortable. I just bought my 3DS a year and a half ago. Is my purchase already going obsolete? I'm not mad at Nintendo or anything, it's more just me thinking to myself about it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

crimsoncavalier

iKhan wrote:

DISAPPOINTMENTS
Pretty much everything related to the 3DS. I yawned multiple times when they were talking about it. I don't care about match 3 puzzlers, overly punishing 2D platforming indie games, downloadable life sims, or a game I already played on Wii. The ONLY times my ears perked up were for that cool looking block puzzler from HAL Labs and for Fire Emblem IF.

C'mon guys, there was so much more you could have done like:
-Yokai Watch/Bravely Second localization
-Rhythm Heaven localization
-This holiday's new Pokemon game (you know it's happening)
-More ports for New Nintendo 3DS XL
-Announce regular New 3DS

Instead we got stupid streetpass games and a free to play Pokemon Rumble.

From the other thread ...

Yeah, the 3DS stuff was underwhelming, but to be honest, the 3DS died for me the moment they released the N3DS. Not something I'm ever gonna get, so anything from here forward that's released only for N3DS may as well not exist for me. The same thing happened with DS and DSi.

The whole Fire Emblem thing was really disappointing. Both games underwhelmed for me.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Bolt_Strike

Was about what I expected, with a few surprises thrown in as well. 200 cc Mario Kart looks pretty neat.

Now it's a matter of waiting for E3, hopefully it's a good one this year.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

I thought this Direct was fantastic

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.