Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,779

JaxonH

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Inkling wrote:

European Direct also confirmed! 12AM CEST (10PM GMT)!

Which is of course 11pm UK time.

@JaxonH I expect this Direct to make the Amiibo Alert thread extremely useful again.

Let's hope so. They've already put wave 4 up for pre order everywhere but North America. Maybe we'll see those go live, and Splatoon amiibos if we're lucky...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

Part of me hopes that leak isn't real if only because I wanna be surprised. But of course if it is, it's good news all around. Perhaps they'll also do a "Platinum rewards available after this broadcast" and then their site immediately crashes again

TuVictus

LzWinky

I will forget the leak by tomorrow anyway. Surprise me Nintendo!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

crimsoncavalier

I predict StarFox actual gameplay footage/trailer, and a Metroid game announcement.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Joeynator3000

Oh yeah, forgot about Mario Maker, I want info on that too.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LaserdiscGal

Oh yeah Mario Maker is a thing.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

IceClimbers

Operative wrote:

Part of me hopes that leak isn't real if only because I wanna be surprised. But of course if it is, it's good news all around. Perhaps they'll also do a "Platinum rewards available after this broadcast" and then their site immediately crashes again

The site will crash regardless.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Looking closer I think even the contents of the MK8 update seem unrealistic, I mean separate screens for multiplayer (1 on Gamepad, 1 on TV) seems like something that would never happen given that it wasn't available at launch.

It would be a surprise for sure but it's not impossible. I mean they're certainly not scared of doing really big updates for their games particularly on the Wii U. Usually with these "leaks" you get at least one that's way out there. With this list all of them are things they could technically do and all of them make sense. The other thing faked leaks mess up is that they fail to mention obvious things and in this one again, if it's a fake they've done well. The majority of them I'd be surprised if they weren't doing them.

Also the Japanese page for the Nintendo Direct, which is up already, specifically says they won't be talking about the NX or mobile games. The fact that these guys didn't fall into the trap of going on about that? It doesn't mean it's real but they've done a good job of it if it's not.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ClockworkMario

I'm hoping to see "Pegi 18" flash at the beginning — news about Devil's Third are long overdue. I think it could really bring some substance and variation to Nintendo's summer line-up.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

IceClimbers

Since it's on April Fool's Day, I'm expecting some sort of Mother 3 joke.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Juice-

At the start of direct: Zelda U is back on for 2015! * Shows what appears to be legitimate gameplay footage *
At the end of direct: April Fools! Wait until next year ya saps! * Turns out said gameplay footage was fake *

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

LaserdiscGal

IceClimbers wrote:

Careful, Reggi will set you on fire if you mention the game that shall not be named

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

MsJubilee

IceClimbers wrote:

I would be surprised if there isn't.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

cookiex

Likely

• New info on:
    Splatoon (release date)
    Yoshi's Wooly World
    Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition
    Xenoblade Chronicles X
    Fire Emblem If
  • New game reveal
  • Smash Bros. Mewtwo reveal
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2
  • Amiibo news
  • New VC titles

Maybe:

• New info on:
    Devil's Third
    Mario Maker
    Project Giant Robot
    Art Academy
  • Club Nintendo replacement
  • NNID improvements
  • Expanded VC roster

Low chance:

• New info on:
    Star Fox U
    Project Guard
    Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
    Retro's new project
    Pikachu detective game

Not happening:

• New info on:
    Zelda U
    NX (as confirmed by the Japanese direct page)
    Smartphone games (see above)

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

cookiex

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

At the start of direct: Zelda U is back on for 2015! * Shows what appears to be legitimate gameplay footage *
At the end of direct: April Fools! Wait until next year ya saps! * Turns out said gameplay footage was fake *

Or it turns out that the delay itself was just an elaborate April Fool's prank.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Bolt_Strike

cookiex wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

This is more what I was thinking if Zelda is part of an April Fool's prank.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

TuVictus

If Nintendo were to seriously do that the internet would melt down

TuVictus

-Juice-

Bolt_Strike wrote:

cookiex wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

This is more what I was thinking if Zelda is part of an April Fool's prank.

It's most surely not... but then again from what little we've seen the game has to have been pretty far into development (not to mention they seemed pretty solid about it coming in 2015), and if Nintendo decided to do that as a joke... well I suppose there would be an unreal hype build up for E3. I doubt they'd do something like that though, they're more of a "push you then kick you while you're down" rather than a "push you then pick you back up" kind of company when it comes to news. XD

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

iKhan

cookiex wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

NO, DO NOT GET MY HOPES UP FOR A FLEETING DREAM.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

Anyway, in order of likelihood

3DS:
Rhythm Heaven localization
3rd party news
Puzzles & Dragons
Fire Emblem IF
2015 Pokemon game
Port of the original Metroid Prime to new 3DS
Localization news for Bravely Second or Yokai Watch
Localization news for any Dragon Quest game

Wii U:
Splatoon
Mewtwo DLC
Mario Kart DLC
Yoshi's Woolly World
XCX
Mario Maker
Devil's Third
Project Guard/Giant Robot
Star Fox
Project Treasure
SMT X FE
Zelda U
Pokken Tournament

Unknown:
Pokemon Rumble World

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.