Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,779

Bolt_Strike

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

New Nintendo Direct Leak from 4chan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQOOkUC3GDg

Fake as hell. Definitely fake as hell. I can't believe this guy is eating this up (also, the fact that he doesn't even know when E3 is destroys his credibility).

1. If they are making a Bowser game, we wouldn't see it until E3. He's wrong about this game not being impactful, a Bowser spinoff would be huge, and it's the kind of surprise they would want to save for a bigger venue than a mere Direct.
2. Ranger actually didn't sell that well, and Pokemon spinoffs in general have been trending casual lately. I don't think the thought of another Ranger game has even crossed their minds.
3. Having a powerup that only activates once a day is pretty stupid. I know that F2P games pull this crap, but only to encourage people to spend money on it. In a full retail game like Woolly World, it's pointless.
4. Star Fox probably isn't being shown off until E3, and the idea for the game sounds like something out of a fanfic.

The chances of this being real are pretty much nil.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

Bolt_Strike wrote:

3. Having a powerup that only activates once a day is pretty stupid. I know that F2P games pull this crap, but only to encourage people to spend money on it. In a full retail game like Woolly World, it's pointless.

That's what amiibo do in Kirby though. I wouldn't be too surprised if Yoshi did something similar.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

I do like the idea of a Bowser game though, even though Bowser's a villain, the RPGs make it pretty clear that there's other more evil villains in the Mario world, so they could easily make a game with himself as the main character. I am curious about how a Bowser game would play though, I can't think of anything different enough from any existing style that would warrant such a game.

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

That's what amiibo do in Kirby though. I wouldn't be too surprised if Yoshi did something similar.

Really? That's such an arbitrary limit.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike Although generally considered a bad game because it's not like N64 PM and TTYD, Super Paper Mario has Bowser as a main playable character.

EDIT: There's very little available in the EU Nintendo Download this week so I guess this confirms a Direct.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/nintendo_download_2n...

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

I would love to play a game where Bowser is the main character (though we sorta got that with Bowser's Inside Story already, so...) anyways, yeah, this is fake.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

How many "leaks" and "rumors" from 4chan were actually real? The fact that you can post just about anything on that site gives it no credibility

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

renaryuugufan92

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/30/rumour-nintendo-direct-o... and another to add to the list, though the presence of N64 Wii U VC titles on here and SNES 3DS VC screams fake to me, oh well i'll share it with everyone anyway.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Jazzer94

Grumblevolcano wrote:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/30/rumour-nintendo-direct-o... and another to add to the list, though the presence of N64 Wii U VC titles on here and SNES 3DS VC screams fake to me, oh well i'll share it with everyone anyway.

Well the MK8 DLC release date confirms it's fake, May 7th isn't late May!

Hope its true though sounds so good...... to good.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TuVictus

It's April 1st on Wednesday so of course the "leaks" are showing up with more frequency. Now more than any other time of the year, people need to be chugging salt with these things

TuVictus

veeflames

I hope the April 1st Direct thing is true, even if I'm well aware of what April 1st is. I feel like watching a Direct soon.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

nitrolink

The Direct shouldn't be on April 2nd because Xenoblade 3D releases in Japan and Europe. Xenoblade X probably has another presentation on April 3rd. April 1st it is then. Nintendo can't keep secrets from us.

nitrolink

Octane

Since a Direct is bound to happen soon, I expect the following;

• Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 (trailer + release date)
  • Splatoon (trailer + release date)
  • Super Smash Bros. Mewtwo DLC (release date)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World update

Let's see how this turns out.

rferrari24 wrote:

The Direct shouldn't be on April 2nd because Xenoblade 3D releases in Japan and Europe. Xenoblade X probably has another presentation on April 3rd. April 1st it is then. Nintendo can't keep secrets from us.

Or next week?

Octane

Nintendo_Ninja

The My Nintendo News leak seems so real. I hope it is.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Really? That's such an arbitrary limit.

Well the power ups are really strong, and allowing them to be spammed would ruin the experience for people. But I do think the power ups can be used multiple times in the same level per day rather than just being able to use the ability once a day.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

The Nintendo fan who created this really needs to stop playing with the Nintendo fanbase feelings. This is fake, man. It all sounds too good to be true.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I hope the April 1st Direct thing is true, even if I'm well aware of what April 1st is. I feel like watching a Direct soon.

April fools guys

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoFan64

I doubt that will be it. There are some things I can see happening, but others...eh. I don't think we'll see Starfox until E3. But I would like a new Paper Mario game, as long as it stays as far away from Sticker Star as possible.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's playing a very dodgy strategy if there isn't a Direct this week. Nothing for eshop releases on Wii U is unacceptable and has never happened in the past.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.