Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,779

cookiex

TingLz wrote:

They've announced Directs the day before in the past. That post said it will be on the 19th, so a direct on Thursday seems likely.

I guess the Korean direct announcement wasn't unrelated after all.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Grumblevolcano

TingLz wrote:

They've announced Directs the day before in the past. That post said it will be on the 19th, so a direct on Thursday seems likely.

But also you need to be careful about time zones (Korea's is UK time + 9 hours) so I think it could be either late evening (~11pm) in UK on the 18th or early afternoon (~1pm) in UK on the 19th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

cookiex

I hope it's not early afternoon as I'll be at an open house at the local university at that time.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

NintendoFan64

cookiex wrote:

I hope it's not early afternoon as I'll be at an open house at the local university at that time.

I hope it's early afternoon because that's the only time I'll be able to see it.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Nintenbomba128

clears throat

MARIO MAKER!!!!!!!!!!

oh and also nintendo direct korea 19.3.15

Nintenbomba128

LzWinky

The Korean Direct was nothing noteworthy. It only gave dates for the new 3DS and games for Korea

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

So, after this week's megaton news bombs, how long do you think it will be before the next Direct? With the mobile and NX news, I feel like Nintendo should have a Direct really soon to say "Hey, that news is great, but it's still a little ways off. Here's stuff for the Wii U and 3DS coming now/soon."

The question is, how soon? Do they do it asap to reassure people that Wii U/3DS aren't dead yet, or do they wait just a little bit longer so that the news in the Direct isn't completely overlooked in the aftershock of the news from earlier this week?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

So, after this week's megaton news bombs, how long do you think it will be before the next Direct? With the mobile and NX news, I feel like Nintendo should have a Direct really soon to say "Hey, that news is great, but it's still a little ways off. Here's stuff for the Wii U and 3DS coming now/soon."

The question is, how soon? Do they do it asap to reassure people that Wii U/3DS aren't dead yet, or do they wait just a little bit longer so that the news in the Direct isn't completely overlooked in the aftershock of the news from earlier this week?

April... if not April... early May. If we don't get a Direct in either of those two months (which would be kinda surprising) then the focus is Nintendo's E3.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

Blast wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

April... if not April... early May. If we don't get a Direct in either of those two months (which would be kinda surprising) then the focus is Nintendo's E3.

They're not going to wait until E3 to give us more info. There's too many things coming out in the near future that need release dates (Splatoon, Mario Kart and Smash DLC, Yoshi's Woolly World) and they need to tell us those things soon.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Nintenbomba128

3 things i want in a nintendo direct.

1. Mario Maker new info and release date
2. Wii U Gamepad Charger from Nintendo (I can't use my Gamepad at all now D:).
3.N64 and GCN (Gamecube Nintendo?) VC for WiiU

SUPRISE!!!!!!
Flipnote europe info, release date and update for sharing across the globals. :3

Nintenbomba128

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers wrote:

I think it needs to happen next week especially if there are any April releases (not counting Xenoblade 3D) because with Mario Party 10 out today, the next 1st party title for worldwide on Wii U is at an unknown date in May for Splatoon. It would make sense for Splatoon to be the last Friday of May (29th) so hype can be built for E3 but that leaves a 2 month gap of nothing (except Europe that have Kirby on the 8th May).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nintenbomba128

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

I think it needs to happen next week especially if there are any April releases (not counting Xenoblade 3D) because with Mario Party 10 out today, the next 1st party title for worldwide on Wii U is at an unknown date in May for Splatoon. It would make sense for Splatoon to be the last Friday of May (29th) so hype can be built for E3 but that leaves a 2 month gap of nothing (except Europe that have Kirby on the 8th May).

I think that they might have it in April if not next week because they might do a two month thing with E3 in June and if so I hope its EARLY APRIL!

You should change the forum name to April 2015 predictions the way this is going.

Nintenbomba128

Octane

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

You should change the forum name to April 2015 predictions the way this is going.

It's still Maybe March, if not, then Absolutely April.

Octane

DefHalan

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

3 things i want in a nintendo direct.

1. Mario Maker new info and release date
2. Wii U Gamepad Charger from Nintendo (I can't use my Gamepad at all now D:).
3.N64 and GCN (Gamecube Nintendo?) VC for WiiU

SUPRISE!!!!!!
Flipnote europe info, release date and update for sharing across the globals. :3

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColo...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

If there isn't one this coming week, I'll update the thread title.

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike Considering that's Serebii's webmaster, that might mean something. Or he could just be teasing.

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Considering that's Serebii's webmaster, that might mean something. Or he could just be teasing.

He said he's "heard rumblings", so it might.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.