Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,779

AceDefective

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

If the 3DS can get another amazing Fire Emblem game then the Wii U can get something Metroid. I prolly sound bitter but I own a Wii U and 3DS. The 3DS has hit PS4 status aka it will continue to sell like crazy for whatever reason. I'm glad 3DS only users aren't crying anymore and arent worried anymore. But still... This Direct was so 3DS packed it became annoying. Thank you Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon

But let's be real here. The Wii U has a jam packed year already. There was serious doubt about the 3DS's 2015.

That's actually Nintendo's biggest problems imo, they can't seem to balance game releases for both consoles equally. Understandably, there's only so much they can do with one IP before they decide that's enough (which most people seem to forget that for as much milking Nintendo is guilty of they at least don't spam the same games more than once per console (sometimes)). Which is why Nintendo needs more 3rd Party, as they can lighten the load.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

iKhan

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

If the 3DS can get another amazing Fire Emblem game then the Wii U can get something Metroid. I prolly sound bitter but I own a Wii U and 3DS. The 3DS has hit PS4 status aka it will continue to sell like crazy for whatever reason. I'm glad 3DS only users aren't crying anymore and arent worried anymore. But still... This Direct was so 3DS packed it became annoying. Thank you Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon

But let's be real here. The Wii U has a jam packed year already. There was serious doubt about the 3DS's 2015.

That's actually Nintendo's biggest problems imo, they can't seem to balance game releases for both consoles equally. Understandably, there's only so much they can do with one IP before they decide that's enough (which most people seem to forget that for as much milking Nintendo is guilty of they at least don't spam the same games more than once per console (sometimes)). Which is why Nintendo needs more 3rd Party, as they can lighten the load.

Part of the issue is that the 3DS is powerful enough to handle rather complex games. With previous Nintendo handhelds, they didn't require nearly as much effort as the 3DS did.

So Nintendo has to split efforts on big 3D games between the Wii U and 3DS.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Kogorn733

Anyone else think that the new Fire Emblem, while it looks amazing, is a salvaged project from SMT x Fire Emblem and that the latter is dead?

Kogorn733

SuperWiiU

iKhan wrote:

• SMT x FE seems to be more dead than The Last Guardian, and that's saying something.

The last proper details we heard of The Last Guardian were from before the announcement of SMT x FE, so that's not possible.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

iKhan

SuperWiiU wrote:

iKhan wrote:

• SMT x FE seems to be more dead than The Last Guardian, and that's saying something.

The last proper details we heard of The Last Guardian were from before the announcement of SMT x FE, so that's not possible.

Yes, but Team Ico hasn't announced another game since, and we did originally see some gameplay.

SMT X FE was pretty much just a concept, and it's developers very much seem to have moved on.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

The lack of an A/C Adapter is a big deal.

It really isn't. They cost like $4 and most people already have at least one.

iKhan wrote:

SMT x FE seems to be more dead than The Last Guardian, and that's saying something.

Lol not even close...

IntSys is busy. Last time they were busy, they released 6 games in 2 calendar years. Keep your pants on.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ryu_Niiyama

Kogorn733 wrote:

Anyone else think that the new Fire Emblem, while it looks amazing, is a salvaged project from SMT x Fire Emblem and that the latter is dead?

I actually think that the 3ds one is going to be a prequel or spinoff to the SMT X Fire Emblem based upon it being called FE: if in japan. There was a SMT: if game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

AceDefective

SMT x FE seems just as dead Tekken X Street Fighter*, meaning it isn't dead, just that information is being withheld until a later date.
I bet most people forget Tekken X Street Fighter was still thing after the crossover hype died after the mess that was Street Fighter X Tekken.

*Tekken X Street Fighter is not the same game as Street Fighter X Tekken, as this will use a Tekken fighting style rather than Street Fighter's. No idea what's taking them so long though.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

No Mario Maker info. T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ryno

Can we never mention SMT x FE again? That game never was, never has, or never will be.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I think it is pretty big deal, as someone who does not currently have a 3DS but is a little tempted thinks it's incredibly cheap by Nintendo. When I buy electronics I want everything to be in the box so I can use it without having to buy additional accessories.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

No they don't. The fraction of people who double dip on a console is small. Most people buying the n3DS are either selling their old ones or buying the system for the first time.

That means they either have to sell their old system w/o an A/C Adapter (which is a major reduction in value), or buy a new A/C adapter.

And it's not $4, it's $10. While that may not seem like much relative to the 200 dollars the system costs, it's an additional cost passed onto the consumer, and makes the system less attractive.

conman2012

Ryno wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I think it is pretty big deal, as someone who does not currently have a 3DS but is a little tempted thinks it's incredibly cheap by Nintendo. When I buy electronics I want everything to be in the box so I can use it without having to buy additional accessories.

If it helps, I jumped in on the N3DS, and I brought the additional charger. Now, after 50 hours of Fire Emblem Awakening, I know the right choice was made.

conman2012

kkslider5552000

Nintendo's on a roll with these things lately. Everything they showed was fairly awesome and there was a looooooot of stuff.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm pretty pleased. Between the NA and the JPN direct I've got a ton of games to play. I'm more upset that I have to hunt down a MM n3ds preorder. I'm not too concerned about the Wiiu as I think that there are more small games on the way that haven't been announced. I also think Xenoblade is on the way sooner than we think. Nintendo loves to wait till the last second to announce a release date.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

I'm pleased with the Direct. It announced a lot of new 3DS content and informed us of the system's lineup for the first half of 2015. Plenty of Wii U stuff too, as that system already had a lineup for the entire year minus release dates.

@Blast The best part is that all of the 3DS games shown in the Direct minus Fire Emblem will be out before E3, meaning Nintendo will have to do this all over again for the 2nd half of the year! Time to piss off even more Wii U only owners

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

Okay, here are my thoughts on what was discussed:
The new Fire Emblem was a nice little surprise, though it seems as if SMTXFE is still currently unknown with it's status. Xenoblade Chronicles X looks beautiful. Captain Toad's amiibo support is a bit...disappointing. I'll get some of the Mario amiibos, but really just for collection purposes because I'm not entirely sure if I'm getting Mario Party 10. Puzzles and Dragons Mario Edition coming with the original was a good idea, and Wii games being downloadable was also nice...now if we could just those damn N64 and DS games already! Fire Emblem characters appearing in Codename: S.T.E.A.M. is a nice little treat, though I'm not really interested in Codename: S.T.E.A.M. Splatoon's Hub looks good, and when it was announced that Tingle would be playable in Hyrule Warriors, I just started laughing. The New 3DS I'm HOPEFULLY going to get on launch day, same with Majora's Mask 3D. Also, there's a new Rythmn Heaven game, which is cool. I'm definitely getting Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate looks interesting (haven't played any of the Monster Hunter titles.), I'm interested in what Project Treasure is, and honestly I was surprised to see that we didn't get any info on Wooly World or Mewtwo in Smash. Those're my thoughts on everything.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

I'm pleased with the Direct. It announced a lot of new 3DS content and informed us of the system's lineup for the first half of 2015. Plenty of Wii U stuff too, as that system already had a lineup for the entire year minus release dates.

@Blast The best part is that all of the 3DS games shown in the Direct minus Fire Emblem will be out before E3, meaning Nintendo will have to do this all over again for the 2nd half of the year! Time to piss off even more Wii U only owners

I have a 3DS....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Blast The best part is that all of the 3DS games shown in the Direct minus Fire Emblem will be out before E3, meaning Nintendo will have to do this all over again for the 2nd half of the year! Time to piss off even more Wii U only owners

I have a 3DS....

Then why are you whining about the direct not having enough Wiiu titles?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.