Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,779

CaviarMeths
  • I'll gobble up that new Fire Emblem game, but I really hope this doesn't mean that SMTxFE is cancelled.
  • New info on Splatoon was very interesting. I liked what I saw.
  • Robin and Lucina amiibo in Wave 4 is great.
  • Everyone on Earth has known about N3DS for months now, so not sure why Reggie bothered talking about it for 15 minutes.
  • Retailer-exclusive trash. Disappointing that Nintendo is riding this trend with Gamestop.
  • Nothing else for me, really.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

...... walks away disappointed and sad It wasn't a bad Direct but man... The 3DS took away so much time.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Justlink

When will New 3ds Majora's Mask preorders go up?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Jacob717

Dipper723 wrote:

My perdictions

3DS

-New 3DS launches in February (there's a supposed GameStop leak)
-Majora's Mask 3D releases in early March
-Xenoblade Chronicles releases in early May

Wii U

-Mario Maker releases in April
-Yoshi's Woolly World releases in mid March
-Splatoon releases in mid or late May
-Captain Toad Amiibo Support for February

As for NEW stuff I don't know. I would say they localize Yo-kai Watch and Final Fantasy Exploerers, but this Direct is focused on Spring. I don't think those will come out in Spring.

Long Shots
-N64 and GCN Virtual Console

Not Gonna Happen
-Nintendo 3DS TV for Wii U for the MSRP of $79.99
-NEW Nintendo GameCube Controller Adapter for use in Wii Software and VC games.

-Correct
-Wrong
-Wrong

-Wrong
-Wrong
-Correct
-Wrong

-No, N64 or GCN VC, but we have Wii VC. I guess I guess emulating N64 games is harder than emulating Wii games.

Jacob717

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

...... walks away disappointed and sad It wasn't a bad Direct but man... The 3DS took away so much time.

The 3DS needed this cause with so little games we know coming this year.Yeah the 3DS should take this much especially with the New 3ds being released.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

veeflames

I wanted Splatoon, and I got it in spades. For that, I'm satisfied.
But yeah, the 3DS stole the show... again. Nintendo kept rambling on the New 3DS features we already know, and yet no PRICE(yeah, we know the price estimate, but confirmed details would be nice). That New 3DS redness, though. I'm getting that one because frankly I only care like 75% for Majoras Mask. And aside from Splatoon, there was limited Wii U content....
Luckily I'm not disappointed. Kept my hopes low and got what I wanted.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Spoony_Tech

justlink wrote:

When will New 3ds Majora's Mask preorders go up?

I called Gamestop and they are just waiting on the word from the higher ups.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

My god, for a 46 minute Direct that was pretty boring. In fact, if they hadn't shown Splatoon I would've died of boredom. They showed a lot of 3DS stuff here, but most of it was casual games and JRPGs. Not a lot of genre diversity in this lineup outside of previously announced Wii U games.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Justlink

I am trading in my 3ds to get the New 3ds. Are games connected to my account or system?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

SuperWiiU

Dipper723 wrote:

Now that we have Wii VC, I'm angry that they're going to put Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS, because they probably won't release the original on the eShop.

I think they will, very likely around the release of XCX.

skywake

Dipper723 wrote:

No, N64 or GCN VC, but we have Wii VC. I guess I guess emulating N64 games is harder than emulating Wii games.

I had trouble watching the stream because it was messed up for me. That said from what I understood it was more of a port to the Wii U than it is "emulating". Which would make sense given how close the Wii's architecture is to the Wii U. Hence WiiMode. That said I reckon this means that a GC VC isn't too far off. It certainly should be do-able and would be less of a pain for off-TV given the need for the WiiMote in a lot of Wii games. N64? Well that should have been a thing from the start, no idea what the hold up is given they had it working fine on the Wii.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Spoony_Tech

justlink wrote:

I am trading in my 3ds to get the New 3ds. Are games connected to my account or system?

System. Also just got off the phone with Gamestop and both the special edition can only be bought online. The red and black can be pre-ordered at the store with trade. I want a special edition but I want 100$ trade as well.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

justlink wrote:

System. Also just got off the phone with Gamestop and both the special edition can only be bought online. The red and black can be pre-ordered at the store with trade. I want a special edition but I want 100$ trade as well.

If you do a trade-in how do you do the transfer...in the store?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Kogorn733

I'm so tired of Nintendo focusing on mostly 3DS stuff during these directs. It's the WII U that needs further support, marketing and encouragement, NOT the 3ds.

Kogorn733

CaviarMeths

N3DS is $230 in Canada LOL.

Nope.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SkywardLink98

Blast wrote:

Hey 3DS only owners.... Please don't be angry if a new game get announced in the Direct and its for Wii U. I really don't think the 3DS will get any new games announcements until E3. That's my own personal view on the Direct.

This prediction backfired. The 3DS got a game announcement, and Wii U owners are complaining that they aren't the ones getting Fire Emblem.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

justlink wrote:

You don't. You take it home, do the transfer, Then bring back the system and receipt for the refund. You have to pay in full and you can place a web order at the store. I just got off the phone with them.

MERG said:

CaviarMeths

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hey 3DS only owners.... Please don't be angry if a new game get announced in the Direct and its for Wii U. I really don't think the 3DS will get any new games announcements until E3. That's my own personal view on the Direct.

This prediction backfired. The 3DS got a game announcement, and Wii U owners are complaining that they aren't the ones getting Fire Emblem.

I loved PoR and RD and have a Wii U, but I prefer my Fire Emblems on handheld. Not being able to carry around the new FE with me everywhere I go is dumb. It's not like FE is a series that demands HD visuals anyway. It's a friggin grid-based 2D game and I always turn off battle animations anyway because that crap takes forever.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

justlink wrote:

You don't. You take it home, do the transfer, Then bring back the system and receipt for the refund. You have to pay in full and you can place a web order at the store. I just got off the phone with them.

Gotcha...thanks!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

SkywardLink98

CaviarMeths wrote:

I always turn off battle animations anyway because that crap takes forever.

I did that after my first playthrough. I enjoyed the animations when fighting someone like Walhart, but when grinding it made it take far too long. I don't need to see the death animation for ever risen in the Golden Gaffe.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.