Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,779

Grumblevolcano

@Octane: A playable character wouldn't work but a minigame based around piranha plants would, remember in Power Tennis there that minigame where piranha plants spit out the goop from Sunshine and you have to hit water balls onto the goop to reveal shine sprites. Alternatively the return of the gimmick courses, again a concept from Power Tennis could work. I know Nintendo won't do this but adding singles and doubles tournament mode (like in 64/Power Tennis/Open), add some minigames (like in Power Tennis) and improve the online functionality (e.g. friend lobbies, multi-set matches) would turn Ultra Smash from a very barebones game to a game that rivals 64 and Power Tennis (Open wasn't good).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano: Oh I know, I've thought of many ways how to improve Ultra Smash, but I doubt they're ever touching that game again. It was something to fill their holiday line-up. It bombed pretty hard for a Mario game, so DLC isn't even worth their time, considering how small the userbase of that game is. It's a shame really, I enjoyed Power Tennis and I was looking forward to another good Mario sports game. Hopefully next time..

Octane

DJaa

So the store opens on the 19th. And the registering for nintendo account starts on 17th right? Anyone think that some sort of reshape is happening to the brand? Could the period be some sort of launch to that? Possibly have a direct explaining it all?(me and my hopes lol)

Edited on by DJaa

DJaa

WebHead

@cookiex: yeah a direct for that and 3DS/Wii U games through spring and summer would be good. But also I'm not expecting Nintendo to talk NX before May and we probably won't see NX hardware and software until E3, 2016 launch or not.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

There's maintenance today (on a Tuesday!), that's suspicious.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LaserdiscGal

Grumblevolcano wrote:

There's maintenance today (on a Tuesday!), that's suspicious.

I can hear the data mining already

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

WebHead

We aren't getting a direct anytime soon are we?

WebHead

Shinion

@WebHead: Now that that has been typed I'm 99% sure one is announced in the next couple of weeks. Tends to be how these things work.

Shinion

cookiex

WebHead wrote:

We aren't getting a direct anytime soon are we?

Is it that time of the month again?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Grumblevolcano

Hopes sure are starting to fail, the past would've suggested a Direct for tomorrow but that's looking virtually impossible at the moment.

Grumblevolcano

WebHead

Well as for announced stuff, Star Fox zero aside they don't really have anything to warrant a full global direct for stuff for the next few months.

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead: That's what people always say before they announce a Direct.

Octane

Shinion

@Octane: couldn't have summed it up better myself. Don't know why we're just focusing on already announced stuff, kinda defeats one of the main purposes of it, announcing new stuff, be it new games, DLC, localised games from Japan, downloadable games etc.

Shinion

IceClimbers

Not much to talk about game-wise at the moment. There's Star Fox, maybe a new fighter for Pokken, and a release month/date for Dragon Quest VII. That's about it.

Past that, they'd probably announce a localisation for Picross 3D 2 and maybe some other game (Rhythm Heaven? Yokai Watch 2?), as well as a release period for Dragon Quest VIII and SMT x FE.

That's about it.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

WebHead

IceClimbers wrote:

Not much to talk about game-wise at the moment. There's Star Fox, maybe a new fighter for Pokken, and a release month/date for Dragon Quest VII. That's about it.

Past that, they'd probably announce a localisation for Picross 3D 2 and maybe some other game (Rhythm Heaven? Yokai Watch 2?), as well as a release period for Dragon Quest VIII and SMT x FE.

That's about it.

I mean I'm not saying I don't think there'll be a direct before e3, but I'm not expecting one this month anymore. As said I don't think anything happening within the next few months to warrant a direct. And all the big games and NX are likely being reserved for E3.

WebHead

Bolt_Strike

While previously I wouldn't have said we'd see the next Pokemon game covered in a Direct, since we're getting new Pokemon that implies either Gen 6.5 or Gen 7 (I'm betting the former), which either way is big enough an announcement for Direct coverage. So I think it's possible the next game could be announced via Direct.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike: Or we're getting Pokemon Z, and Magiana is a Gen 7 Pokemon. That's also completely possible.

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: Or we're getting Pokemon Z, and Magiana is a Gen 7 Pokemon. That's also completely possible.

They haven't done that since the transition from 3rd to 4th gen. I don't think it's a good idea for them to reveal Pokemon that aren't debuting in the upcoming game anymore, people's attention spans are too short nowadays to put up with that anymore.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike: True, but knowing Game Freak/TPC, that might not stop them haha.

WebHead

@Yellowkoopa: if NX is indeed launching this year I do think there'll be a 3ds and Wii u direct to cover them for the rest of the year before e3.

WebHead

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.