Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,779

IceClimbers

@cookiex: I don't think there really is much coming past Star Fox until Fall. There's Dragon Quest VII, and that's about it assuming SMTxFE is a Fall release. I suppose there's still Sonic Boom Fire & Ice, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and the Wii U version of Mario & Sonic at Rio. I have a feeling Fed Force is a Holiday 2016 release to go along with Pokemon Z.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

WebHead

Kinda expect a big PR release going over stuff from february-june on the day of the financial results.

Plus kimishima said directs would enter a new format starting this year, so perhaps the NX reveal will also debut the new format?

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

NinChocolate

Hasn't there been a Direct every January since they began?

NinChocolate

Grumblevolcano

@DreamOn: No, there weren't January Directs in 2012 and 2014. In contrast, 2015 is the only year in which there hasn't been a February Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinChocolate

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@DreamOn: No, there weren't January Directs in 2012 and 2014. In contrast, 2015 is the only year in which there hasn't been a February Direct.

Ah. I guess the January directs have always stuck out to me

NinChocolate

randonfury

I have this small hope that I am going to wake up tomorrow morning and Nintendo is going to announce a direct for Wednesday, because they tend to do them on Wednesdays.

randonfury

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2935-3713 | Nintendo Network ID: Randonfury | Twitter:

nitrolink

I'm also hoping for a Nintendo Direct on Wednesday morning, a couple of hours before the Smash DLC release. Either way, I have a feeling that Nintendo is trying to distract people after revealing its holiday financial report on Tuesday, lol.

nitrolink

Grumblevolcano

@rferrari24: It's likely going to be the worst in a while, holiday 2015 sure was filled with failed cash grabs (e.g. Amiibo Festival) and niche titles (e.g. XCX).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DJaa

Hopefully this week

DJaa

Octane

@Grumblevolcano: That image got me so excited, you have no idea! It's a little too ''cartoony'' for Pikmin though, its graphics are usually a little bit more realistic. Not sure if it's Pikmin 4, but I'd love for it to be true.

Octane

veeflames

@Octane: @Grumblevolcano: That's obviously one of a Piranha Plant's leaves. As Octane said, it's too cartoony for Pikmin.
But I do wonder, what's "new and exciting" about a Piranha Plant's leaf? Maybe a Direct is coming soon and we'll get to try out some of the new stuff in Nintendo's new NY store?
EDIT: See for yourselves.
Untitled

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Octane

@Vee_Flames: Ah, you're right, too bad! I wonder what's it all about though. Piranha Plant DLC for Mario Tennis?

Octane

IceClimbers

Or perhaps it doesn't have anything to do with a game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

The comment was more why I was thinking about Pikmin, can't see why a piranha plant would be so special unless like @Octane suggested about Mario Tennis Ultra Smash actually being supported post-launch rather than just being a rushed game left to die. Still desperately need a Direct though due to no FE Fates release date...

Grumblevolcano

cookiex

They're just teasing a Piranha Plant replica at the store. No more, no less.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Ron_DelVillano

I agree with @cookiex. This looks like a photo of a replica in the store. The tweet also says "Come in and see what else is in-store"

Nintendo Life staff

I co-host a podcast about professional wrestling titled Blind Tag and I write/draw a daily webcomic about a werewolf in high school named Duane.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9288-5982 | Nintendo Network ID: broomhandle | Twitter:

Octane

@Grumblevolcano: Nah, the Mario Tennis DLC was more of a joke, just like the game itself really. Not sure how a Piranha Plant would even work! Anyway, we can expect a Direct this month, Nintendo usually does something in the first two months of the year. There's plenty to talk about at least.

Octane

cookiex

The My Nintendo/Miitomo registration is set to begin in the 17th. A Direct next week would be a good time and place to get the word out.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.