Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,779

Vinny

I expect the first Direct of the year to use the old format, with the subsequent ones using the new one. I'd say the first one will come early February or maybe still this month. The content could be some new footage of Star Fox Zero and a look at the english versions of that #FE game and the Boxboy sequel. Also some new footage of Federation Force, since it's been so long.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

MayorPaine

I'm hoping the first thing they show us in the next direct is new Zelda footage. Seeing as how it was supposed to come out in 2015 originally it was close to being done. I want to see what 'exciting' new features were worth delaying so long for.

Check out my new web comic 'Random Time Encounters':
https://tapastic.com/series/Random-Time-Encounters

Grumblevolcano

I hope it starts with Smash, sure we know the contents from the Smash Direct but there could be surprises like an unrevealed stage.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

Kinda hope we get a direct this week but not getting my hopes up.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CrazyOtto

I predict that the next Nintendo Direct will be on the same day that the final set of Super Smash Bros. DLC for this gen comes out and here's what I'm predicting it will have for all three regions:

NORTH AMERICA

• Kirby and the Crescent World is revealed for 3DS with a release window
  • Star Fox Zero details
  • Pokken Tournamnet details with a release date
  • Lost Reavers details with a release date
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games details with a release date
  • Project Giant Robot details with a new name and release window
  • Project Guard details with a new name and release window
  • Genei Ibun Roku details with a release date
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD details
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising HD revealed for Wii U that's being handled by Monster Games
  • Sonic the Hedgehog Collection is revealed for Wii U with Sonic Colors, Sonic 4, and Sonic Generations included
  • Metroid Prime: Federation Force details with a release window
  • Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice details with a release date
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final is revealed to be getting localized
  • Nintendo Presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward is revealed to be getting localized with a new title
  • Fire Emblem Fates details
  • Picross 3D 2 is revealed to be getting localized
  • BOXBOY! ONE MORE BOX is revealed to be getting localized with a release date
  • Bravely Second: End Layer details
  • Disney Magical World 2 is revealed to be getting localized
  • Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven 3DS is revealed to be getting localized with a new title
  • Physical version of Pokemon Rumble World is revealed to be getting localized
  • Clubhouse Games Expanded revealed for 3DS
  • 3D Power Drift, 3D Puyo Puyo 2, and 3D Master System Archives revealed for the 3DS eShop
  • Indie Game Montage
  • WayForward segment with Wii U versions of Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut, Mighty Switch Force! Academy, and Mighty Switch Force! Hose it Down!
  • A DLC pack for Runbow is announced
  • Series 2 of Super Mario amiibo are revealed
  • Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII details with a release window
  • More Wii games come to the Wii U eShop including the Wii version of Rodea the Sky Soldier
  • Nintendo Anime Channel comes to the 3DS eShop
  • Standard New Nintendo 3DS gets a standalone release
  • Turbografx-16 games come to the Wii U VC
  • More details on "My Nintendo" and Miitomo
  • 3DS and Wii U both get updates that add the ability to take screenshots of any game while suspended in the home menu
  • Wii U gets a multimedia app for photos, sound, and video
  • Flipnote Studio 3D becomes purchasable for all 3DS owners
  • Nintendo Selects brand starts for both Wii U and 3DS games
  • Physical version of Minecraft: Wii U Edition gets a release date
  • Final wave of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U DLC gets a release date with Super Smash Bros. for N64 getting a Wii U VC release on the same day
  • Super Mario Maker update adds more Amiibo costumes, fast links to the four featured Mario games on the eShop, and a paid DLC pack with new content for designing levels
  • A calendar that shows all of the major releases up to the end of June 2016 is revealed

EUROPE

• Star Fox Zero details with a release date
  • Pokken Tournament details with a release date
  • Lost Reavers details with a release date
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games details with a release date
  • Genei Ibun Roku details with a release date
  • NES Remix Pack details with a release date
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising HD revealed for Wii U that's being handled by Monster Games
  • Sonic the Hedgehog Collection is revealed for Wii U with Sonic Colors, Sonic 4, and Sonic Generations included
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final is revealed to be getting localized
  • Fire Emblem Fates details with a release date
  • Picross 3D 2 is revealed to be getting localized
  • BOXBOY! ONE MORE BOX is revealed to be getting localized with a release date
  • Bravely Second: End Layer details
  • Disney Magical World 2 is revealed to be getting localized
  • Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale is revealed to be getting localized
  • Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven 3DS is revealed to be getting localized with a new title
  • Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused? is released onto the European 3DS eShop
  • Yo-Kai Watch details with a release date
  • 3D Power Drift, 3D Puyo Puyo 2, and 3D Master System Archives are revealed for the 3DS eShop
  • Indie Game Montage
  • WayForward segment with Wii U versions of Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut, Mighty Switch Force! Academy, and Mighty Switch Force! Hose it Down!
  • A DLC pack for Runbow is announced
  • Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII details with a release window
  • More Wii games come to the Wii U eShop including the Wii version of Rodea the Sky Soldier
  • Turbografx-16 games come to the Wii U VC
  • 3DS and Wii U both get updates that add the ability to take screenshots of any game while suspended in the home menu
  • Flipnote Studio 3D becomes purchasable for all 3DS owners
  • Final wave of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U DLC gets a release date with Super Smash Bros. for N64 getting a Wii U VC release on the same day
  • Super Mario Maker update adds more Amiibo costumes fast links to the four featured Mario games on the eShop, and a paid DLC pack with new content for designing levels
  • A calendar that shows all of the major releases up to the end of June 2016 is revealed
  • Super Mario Advance 1, 2, and 4 come to the Wii U VC right after the Direct ends

JAPAN

• Just Dance Wii U 2 is revealed for Wii U with a release date
  • Star Fox Zero details
  • Pokken Tournament details
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games details with a release date for the Wii U version
  • Tetris Ultimate is revealed to be getting localized
  • Terraria is revealed to be getting localized
  • 3D Power Drift, 3D Puyo Puyo 2, and Sega Mark III-D Archives are revealed for the 3DS eShop
  • Disney segment with Ducktales Remastered and Gravity Falls: Legend of the Gnome Gemulets being revealed to be getting localized
  • Super Mario Maker update adds more Amiibo costumes fast links to the four featured Mario games on the eShop, and a paid DLC pack with new content for designing levels
  • Game Boy Gallery 3 and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe both return to the 3DS VC right after the Direct ends

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I hope it starts with Smash, sure we know the contents from the Smash Direct but there could be surprises like an unrevealed stage.

Pretty sure that Corrin, Bayonetta, Umbra Clock Tower and the Mii outfits are all we're getting...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

WebHead

Plus I think if we get one this month there'll be no NX. Just 2016 3DS and Wii U software along with my Nintendo. I think of NX is launching this year I think April would be the best month to reveal it.

WebHead

Wittgenstein

I hope they reveal the next Paper Mario game in a direct at some point. And it better show off original characters and locations.

I lead the way through the great unknown! Never knowing what I'll find...
I'm searching, expecting, exploring, connecting... So no one has to feel they're left behind.
-Wittgenstein, The Brave Little Toaster To The Rescue

Better known as Fawfulthegreat64. She/They

LzWinky

Wittgenstein wrote:

I hope they reveal the next Paper Mario game in a direct at some point. And it better show off original characters and locations.

Yeah, like a named koopa, goomba, boo, bob-omb, etc.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bolt_Strike

CrazyOtto wrote:

I predict that the next Nintendo Direct will be on the same day that the final set of Super Smash Bros. DLC for this gen comes out and here's what I'm predicting it will have for all three regions:

snip

Yeah, that is waaay too much content for a Direct, we usually only get about half that much.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@TingLz: How about Paper Mario: Koopa Koot Adventures!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Here we are at the final week in which a Direct would make sense for a while. These key things are present:

• The end of Splatoon content (all weapons are released, only got the final map left)
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends coming out in Japan on Friday with still plenty of unknown details such as the transfer process
  • Smash DLC release in February
  • My Nintendo and Nintendo Account in March
  • No EU release date for FE Fates
  • TPHD in March but not much info known about improvements/changes outside of rumours from Amazon France

and plenty more.

Grumblevolcano

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano: I hope we get one but not getting my hopes up. :/ I do have a feeling general directs are going to be sparse from now on.

WebHead

Aozz101x

im curious to know if they well do one for Pokemon next month.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

WebHead

A lot of PR announcements lately. Cleaning the deck for an NX reveal direct during valentines day week?

WebHead

IceClimbers

@WebHead: Nah. I don't think we're getting an NX reveal until April. I think they want to wait for the new fiscal year to start.

For 3DS and Wii U there really isn't much to cover that warrants a Direct. There's Smash DLC next month, and that's about it. PR announcements can handle that.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

cookiex

IceClimbers wrote:

@WebHead: Nah. I don't think we're getting an NX reveal until April. I think they want to wait for the new fiscal year to start.

For 3DS and Wii U there really isn't much to cover that warrants a Direct. There's Smash DLC next month, and that's about it. PR announcements can handle that.

They could use a Direct to cover late Spring and Summer. We still don't know what comes out past Star Fox.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.