Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,779

martinskrtel37

wow, someone tried comparing Fire Emblem to Nirvana. this forum is magic.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

LzWinky

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Well Nintendo wanted to make more money from Fire Emblem, so they ruined it by selling out to a bigger audience.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

GamecubeMan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

So your saying that just because a creative group changes their approach to appeal to a larger market they are sellouts?

That's pretty much the definition of selling out.

By that logic there are a lot of bands, companies and people have sold out. in order to stay revelant people must change and adapt to the current day and age. If you dont change and adapt accordingly, you get left in the dust and forgotten.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Smash_kirby

@LztheQuack: And if it wasn't for Awakening, Fire Emblem would have less support than F-Zero.

Smash_kirby

LzWinky

Smash_kirby wrote:

@LztheQuack: And if it wasn't for Awakening, Fire Emblem would have less support than F-Zero.

We know the solution! Sell out F-Zero too!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Smash_kirby

LztheQuack wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

We know the solution! Sell out F-Zero too!

The Fire Emblem series was given an ultimatum sell a certain number of games or the series is over. Making the game more accessible to other people not only introduces them to Awakening but they get curious about the other games in the series.

Edited on by Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

Grumblevolcano

@Smash_kirby: Except outside of FE7, FE8 and FE11 (remake of FE1) the games are so expensive you can buy a New 3DS XL for the same price

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Rubbish, the reason Awakening did so well was because of censorship, Ninty needs to censor more games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

IceClimbers

Could you imagine the reaction if NoA censored out the Falcon Punch in Smash?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

martinskrtel37

LztheQuack wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Well Nintendo wanted to make more money from Fire Emblem, so they ruined it by selling out to a bigger audience.

obviously a company wants to make money from one of its franchises, but to say they "ruined it" by "selling out" by trying to compare a japanese gaming franchise to a hollywood rock n roll band is absurd. to start with nirvana never wanted that bigger audience, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time (considering they weren't seeking fame i would label it wrong). it's harsh and dismissive and just plain wrong to say someone "sold out" when there are so many factors that funnel you down that road.

to say they "ruined it" is childish because you haven't even played the games yet. to say they "sold out" is stupid because this is the entertainment industry, if you're not trying to reach a wider audience with your product what are you doing?

such a negative cynical view. suppose intelligent systems always wanted fire emblem to be the kind of game they have made it into? what would you say then, if it was their creative ambition to create the two stories and flesh out the relationships and all this? that is quite the opposite from "selling out 2 get more customers".

we should be overjoyed that this franchise made it to the west and has become a recognised title worldwide, 5 smash characters, its own 3DS designs, a special edition coming out next year. you guys should be thankful people before you bought the GBA games or you wouldn't have a franchise to complain about. nstead people are trying to pretend they're like nirvana because the games used to come in 1 cart and now they come in 2... grr greedy!! nintendo shouldn't want ANY money!!

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Grumblevolcano

@Joshua179: Yes, the improved sales of Awakening is the only reason Fire Emblem still lives on. As for the 2 versions, I think the aim was to please both those who disliked Awakening and those who liked Awakening. Birthright has the Awakening structure and apparently Conquest has a closer feel to the previous games. Those who wanted both could get the special edition with all 3 paths, that's not selling out but rather giving people options. The only thing which is arguably selling out is the "My Castle" fanservice but even that is arguable when there's gigantic debates about whether a character creator should have a boob slider or not.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/you_cant_alter_the_c...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TOUGHDUDE94

My predictions:
1.ninten in smash along with mother 1 for 3DS virtual console
2.Bomberman in smash along with Wario blast on 3DS vc
3.Banjo in smash with banjo n64 and GBA games on Wii u vc along with conker pocket tails for 3DS virtual console.
Sonic boom knuckles in smash
And inklings in smash along with spaltoon stage
Also with a stage based on banjo 64,sonic Adventures stage and a bomberman stage and a new ice climbers and popo in smash.
Ice climbers NES game is 50% off.
And more fire emblem characters and fire emblem NES games on 3ds and Wii U vc
And I am done I hope.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Nicolai

I'm gonna keep my prediction modest.
1) More details on Cloud in Smash.
2) Final Fantasy Stage
3) One other character, like King K. Rool.
4) King K. Rool's pirate ship stage
5) All of this released in April next year.

And this is what I hope:
Inklings! Octolings! Moray Towers or Mahi-Mahi Resort Stage! "Buy all characters" bundle! All in January!

We all have the right to dream, after all.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

NintendoFan64

What I'm predicting:
-Cloud and Midgar stage
-Mii costumes
-Wolf
-1 or 2 ballot winners. I have a feeling that one of them will be King K Rool, with maybe his own stage. And the other one...I don't know. The only other winners I'm really confident in are Inklings and MAYBE Isaac.
-Maybe a returning stage...or an entirely new stage! I dunno.
@andrew20 ...I can't tell whether or not you're joking.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

My predictions (for releasing straight after the Direct):

• Cloud and Midgar
  • Mii costumes
  • Wolf and Star Fox Zero (stage)
  • Inklings and Inkopolis (stage)
  • Young Link and Great Bay (Melee stage)
  • Fourside
  • 2 ballot winners and fitting stages (Shovel Knight and The Lich Yard; Ice Climbers and Icicle Mountain)
  • An extra mode (free)

Where everything in total costs £65 for use on both Wii U and 3DS. Don't worry if you're not interested in XCX, this DLC will keep you going until the next Wii U release (Twilight Princess HD in early March).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

My predictions (for releasing straight after the Direct):

If they are releasing it straight after the Direct, we will unfortunately have the content leaked before the Direct.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: Too many character predictions. Only expect 3 at the most (including Cloud). That way if there's more you can be pleasantly surprised.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Smash_kirby

@Grumblevolcano: We have enough Marth, erm Link clones. My brother as a joke says anyone who uses a sword is a Marth clone. I need to find that image of everyone in Smash 4 described as a form of Marth.

Smash_kirby

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.