Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,779

Koopa-King

And then they tease us with more Smash content...God I missed these things!

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

enderboy221

Wow.. Seeing people think this direct was bad is depressing... I loved it. I seriously can't wait for some of these games.

enderboy221

Zanark

And suddenly nintendo stocks double in price

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

Lycidas

Don't know what to pick to be the most excited about: Dragon Quest 7 and 8 finaly coming my way? That nice Deluxe Edition of Bravely Default? Special Edition Fire Emblem? Linkle? My wallet cries in agony already!

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Koopa-King

Just went over to Josh Tjhomas of the BitBlock to see his reaction and he is now insulting Nintendo players for liking Cloud being in smash. STAY CLASSY BUDDY!

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

NintendoFan64

Well that was rather pleasent. Certainly better than E3!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Eel

I would've certainly preferred one from a Nintendo final fantasy, but cloud is awesome too.

It could've been lighting!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

skywake

Reading these comments I was going to say that I was surprised at how negative people are being. Though I did create a post-direct discussion bingo card earlier so....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

iKhan

Ouch, this direct sucked.

That said, I don't blame present Nintendo. I blame past Nintendo for completing 2015 with filler garbage that I have literally zero interest in.

Present Nintendo had to sell us on what existed, and it just happens that 2015's late offerings are atrocious.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Sleepingmudkip

Seeing the zelda footage, Zelda TP, Fire emblem special bundle, pokemon and the dragon quest were the pros of the direct to me while the amiibo, Indie games and the whole chat was the cons(The chat is not nintendo fault but the unnecessary negativity just ruined some of the hype).

I also didn't expect much from this direct only because we all knew nintendo had nothing this christmas.

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Jacob717

Why do a lot of people hate the direct? Were you expecting a 45 minute in depth analysis on Zelda U?

Jacob717

veeflames

The fact that the relevant forums are very active means this Direct did its job. Happily looking forward to the December Smash Bros. Direct and future Directs.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

iKhan

Jason723 wrote:

Why do a lot of people hate the direct? Were you expecting a 45 minute in depth analysis on Zelda U?

The key thing is there wasn't a huge megaton announcement. There were some cool surprises like Dragon Quest, Cloud, and RBY on eShop, but they didn't announce any new big games. I guess you could argue TPHD, but it looks like an upscaled version of TP for Wii.

Also, not a big fan of all the Amiibo stuff they are doing. If you ask me Amiibo is basically on-disc DLC unlocked with figures. It's small, but that doesn't make it right.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

I loved that Direct and glad about there being a Smash Direct in December. My highlights were:

• Twilight Princess HD (Link is left handed and the Wolf Link amiibo is cool)
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends (Linkle confirmed)
  • Fire Emblem Fates (Special Edition with all 3 campaigns is coming to the west)
  • Gen 1 is coming to 3DS VC

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Seeing the zelda footage, Zelda TP, Fire emblem special bundle, pokemon and the dragon quest were the pros of the direct to me while the amiibo, Indie games and the whole chat was the cons(The chat is not nintendo fault but the unnecessary negativity just ruined some of the hype).

I also didn't expect much from this direct only because we all knew nintendo had nothing this christmas.

I probably shouldn't have expected much, but I'm having a terrible week and I needed something to improve it.

skywake

Jason723 wrote:

Why do a lot of people hate the direct?

I'm as confused about it as you are. Although the contrast between this thread and what I'm seeing on my twitter and facebook feeds is hilarious. A few of my friends are losing their poopitypoopoop over Twilight Princess HD, Pokemon on the VC and Cloud in Smash.

Edited on by Jazzer94

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

mystman12

I'm just disappointed because I have absolutely no interest in any of these games... I wouldn't say it was a bad Direct, but there was absolutely nothing for me. Star Fox maybe, but that's about it.

Plus, I certainly wasn't actually expecting Kirby Air Ride 2, but I was expecting them to at least mention the 20th Anniversary of Donkey Kong Country 2. A 3DS theme, soundtrack release, VC sale, anything?

I dunno, again, I couldn't care less about RPGS, Pokemon, or a lot of the other games shown. Honestly the thing I'm most hyped for out of the Direct is the announcement of a Smash Direct next month!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

TuVictus

I definitely did not hate it. It was so much better than E3. I'm hyped for FFE, and Cloud. TPHD still looks bland, but I'll get it. And even though I've never played em', I'm looking forward to the DQ games. I'd say Square Enix was the real star of the show here.

Also... a little concerned with all the amiibo stuff. The cards in Paper Jam seem dangerously close to Pay to Win. If you can just tap a bunch of amiibo and murder enemies that way

TuVictus

Sleepingmudkip

@Operative: I think nintendo is letting the amiibo success get to their head.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.