Forums

Topic: Survey Contest?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

chadthegamer

When I logged in yesterday, there was an ad that came up telling me to complete a survey. I thought nothing of it at first, so I completed it since it was just 4 questions, but today, something has popped up telling me I won 1000 nint. points on a random draw for a survey. I'm not sure what to do here since its telling me I must complete another survey. I'm worried this is another one of those fake ads where they say you win something when you really don't. They say they're not affliated by Nintendo either, so if there's anyone out there who got the same survey yesterday can let me know and if there are any mods reading this could try explain to me whats going on if there is something. Much appreciated.

Judge games by what they have and not what they could have had
Wii Number: 3670 7978 6538 8640
PSN ID ~ chadthegamer
Currently Awaiting: Skyward Sword, Dead Space 2, 3DS, Kirby, Vanquish, AC2 Brotherhood, DK

theblackdragon

Did you happen to get a screenshot? What website is it redirecting you to for these surveys?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

chadthegamer

No screenshot, but the link is from newsonline29.com
Last month, you or someone in your household completed a survey for our service. Every Tuesday, we select a lucky winner. Based on today's random draw, you have been selected the winner!
You have won a $1,000 Nintendo Gift Card!
Here's how to claim your prize:
Step 1: All contest winners are required to complete a simple skill test. Click here to take the skill test. Make sure to record your test score when done.
Step 2: Enter your test score below to claim your prize.
Test Score:
Please note you have until 24 hours to claim your prize.
Regards,
The Contest Team
I copy and pasted that so if that helps. I dont trust it, I just wanted to know if nintendolife had something to do with this "contest"

PSN ID ~ chadthegamer
Currently Awaiting: Skyward Sword, Dead Space 2, 3DS, Kirby, Vanquish, AC2 Brotherhood, DK

theblackdragon

looks like a load of crap to me, dude -- note that it says "$1,000 Nintendo Gift Card"; Nintendo only does Points on cards iirc, and certainly not in denominations of $1,000. next time it pops up, take a screencap and show it to the admins. that's the only way they can do anything about that kind of thing. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

chadthegamer

No prob, thanks for the help

PSN ID ~ chadthegamer

V8_Ninja

This is one of the reasons I use Ad-Blocker Plus. I avoid the annoying pop-ups that say "You've won $XXX in (insert company name) points! Just give us all of your personal information and you'll be able to redeem your reward once you're poor instantly!"

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

gaminguy

no. i know someone who was robbed for something like that! just ignore it

sup, I will give you advice if you ask.
FC:
Wii Console:3985-2203-0804-1295
SSBB:0173-0975-3949
MKW:3738-0981-3164
Toribash:3481-69299534
HG-1162-1907-7904
Goldeneye:514439432409

ASDFGHJKL

They just want you to fill in surveys. Companies give people money for each time someone fills in a survey.

Also, anyone know if its a lamp or a bikini?

ASDFGHJKL

irken004

V8+Ninja wrote:

This is one of the reasons I use Ad-Block Plus.

Edited on by irken004

theblackdragon

don't fill out any surveys you think are fishy, guys. If you're suspicious of an ad here on Nintendo Life, just take a screenshot of the ad and use the Contact Form to get in touch with the admins and let them tell you if it's legit or not -- and if it ain't, they can do something about it then. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.