Forums

Topic: Search engine for the forums

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

TG1

I apologize in advance for being blind, but where is the search engine for the forums?

TG1

Rezalack

I wondered this for a while and then felt kind of dumb when I realized it's the big search bar next the NintendoLife at the top of the page. It searches the entire site, not just forums though.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

LzWinky

At the top of the page, there is the search bar

You can also use google with the following format: site:www.nintendolife.com (insert what you're looking for)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TG1

I've used the search bar up top for the site ... so there is none just for the forums?

TG1

GuSolarFlare

Spuratis wrote:

I wondered this for a while and then felt kind of dumb when I realized it's the big search bar next the NintendoLife at the top of the page. It searches the entire site, not just forums though.

the same here.... and if you type "Thread" or "forum" in your search it'll show things related to the forums in the top instead of articles.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

TG1

Good to know. I wonder how many of the locked topics are a result of people not knowing how to search for duplicate posts? I guess it only applies to people like me who don't post a great deal. It would be nice to see the forums have a dedicated search bar.

Thanks to everyone for the replies!

TG1

theblackdragon

@TG1: Many of our locked topics actually occur due to people ignoring the stickied topics at the top of each forum section, so your mileage may vary on that one :3

personally, i use google myself whenever i need to find anything on the forums — site:nintendolife.com/forums is how to get it to search our forums only. enjoy!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

LzWinky

TG1 wrote:

I've used the search bar up top for the site ... so there is none just for the forums?

You can type this in a Google search bar: site:www.nintendolife.com/forums Pokemon

This will only pull forum pages with "Pokemon" in them and you can change "Pokemon" to whatever you're looking for

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TG1

Thanks again guys, appreciate the quick replies. Didn't mean to sound snarky about locked threads either, I just was and am genuinely surprised that forums this popular lack an outright search bar. But I will use the suggested method(s)

TG1

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.