Forums

Topic: Samsung GT-I9000 smartphone won't connect to computer

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Matty2310

Hey everyone,
been a while since I last posted, but I have a frustrating problem. As the the forum title says, my Samsung smartphone won't connect to my computer, or any computer. Every time I plug it in it says "USB Device not recognised", even though I've connected my phone to the computer plenty of times before. I will say that I have had my computer repaired in the past week for a broken screen but that was a hardware, not a software problem. I've also tried it on another computer and it still doesn't work. Very occasionally it will say "Installing device driver info", but that's always failed because it says the device was unplugged even though it actually wasn't, and sometimes it'll actually connect to the computer for a few seconds, but then it will go off and tell me it won't recognise it again.
I've tried everything I've read, from setting it to mass storage, usb debugging, turning it off and taking the battery out, reinstalling Samsung Kies and the like but nothing works. While not all solutions suggested may not work, I've set this thread because I'm tires of looking on the internet for solutions and want a thread dedicated to the problem I'm facing. I suspect it must be a problem with the phone itself at this point. So if anyone has any suggestions, even though they may not work, please share them and thanks.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

ogo79

smartphone is not smart

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

have you tried using a grenade launcher?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

mystman12

I once had a problem similar to this on my iPod... To fix it I think I had to reinstall some sort of driver on my laptop. It probably doesn't apply to your phone, but I'll see if I can find the web page that had the solution on it.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Matty2310

mystman12 wrote:

I once had a problem similar to this on my iPod... To fix it I think I had to reinstall some sort of driver on my laptop. It probably doesn't apply to your phone, but I'll see if I can find the web page that had the solution on it.

Thanks, and yes, smart phone is not smart at all.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

Matty2310

ogo79 wrote:

have you tried using a grenade launcher?

Using a grenade launcher would be counterproductive.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.