Forums

Topic: NintendoLife banning - conditions?

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

HanuKwanzMasBif

This isn't really VG troubleshooting related, despite being in the "Help/Problems" section of the forums - I couldn't really find something more fitting. Anyway, yesterday I noticed that Tendoboy, The Lord of Trivial Threads, had a status thingamajig on his profile marking him as banned. I can imagine why, but for specifics, can I get some details on your policies? I wanna make sure I'm not treading thin ice. Also, no one has a status thing marking them as "active" or something along the lines of that, why is that?
Sorry if this thread has existed before, and if it has, I would appreciate being redirected to the original.
POST LOCK EDIT: Thanks guys! Good to know.

Edited on by HanuKwanzMasBif

shingi_70

I was wondering what got him banned and is it only a temp?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

JustAnotherUser

Wait, TendoBoy has been banned? o.O

JustAnotherUser

theblackdragon

Please note that the rules clearly state the following:

All actions are decided by staff only and are not open to public debate, they remain a private issue between user and staff and therefore should not be discussed by other users.

As for specifics, he was specifically warned about certain behavior leading to an eventual ban. He acknowledged the warning, and then chose to continue on with the same behavior, therefore we followed through with the aforementioned consequences. If you haven't been warned about anything leading to an eventual ban, you've got nothing to worry about (and none of you who have posted in this thread have, actually, so we're good). :3

Also, the user statuses have been there for a while — 'inactive' and 'banned' are the only ones that will show up, otherwise the user is 'active'. The 'inactive' status allows the moderation team to ascertain at a glance whether we should waste time investigating them (as they're a brand new user with no current on-site activity), and the 'banned' status allows everyone to know at a glance whether that user is banned or not. If ever you're curious as to whether a given user is banned, just check their profile to find out for sure.

If you have any further questions about moderation policy and/or bans, we invite you to use the Contact Form to get in touch with us directly. Thank you! :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

James

I'd just like to add this:

Check your emails, people. If you've been warned about bad behaviour, we'll contact you via email.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

theblackdragon

@James: usually that's the case, but there are some cases (as it was with Tendoboy) where users will be warned in the thread in which they're currently misbehaving.

Guys, please be aware that a warning is a warning, whether made via formal e-mail or in-thread, and yes, if we feel a ban is warranted, we may jump to that action after an in-thread warning instead of merely escalating it to a formal e-mail/second warning. It depends on the situation, and even after being banned, no one is blocked from using the Contact Form to get in touch with us directly and discuss the situation.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.