Forums

Topic: My PS1 is showing a white screen.

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Electricmastro

When I start it up, it always shows this, even when there isn't a disc inserted. Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

baba_944

@electricmastro It's stuck on the BIOS screen. Is the disks scratched?

EDIT: Sorry did not read the last part. Blow it out with an air pressure.

Edited on by baba_944

Who are you?

theblackdragon

@baba_944: even with no disc inserted, a PS1 should still boot properly and then go to the audio CD player screen.

@Electricmastro: When did it start doing this? As anything traumatic happened to the system in its lifetime?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

baba_944

@TBD I know I forgot to read the last part. Use an air pressure to clean the dust from the inside.

Who are you?

Electricmastro

theblackdragon wrote:

@baba_944: even with no disc inserted, a PS1 should still boot properly and then go to the audio CD player screen.

@Electricmastro: When did it start doing this? As anything traumatic happened to the system in its lifetime?

I just bought the PS1 a few days prior to the picture.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Electricmastro

antdickens wrote:

@Electricmastro doesn't look good, have you googled to see if anyone else had the same problem? I assume it goes white as soon as you turn it on?

I couldn't find anything that relates to this, but I did manage to find the thread we are both typing on right now. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=PS1+wh...

Edited on by Electricmastro

Tasuki

Electricmastro wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

I just bought the PS1 a few days prior to the picture.

Wait you just bought it? Sounds to me like you may have bought a broken one I am afraid.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.