Showing 1 to 10 of 10
1. Posted: Tue 20th Aug 2013 02:29 BST
Ok guys I am having a major PC problem. For the past hour I have been trying to log on to my pc and I keep getting a message after I enter my password. It states...
"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."
Yesterday when I last used my computer everything was fine. Before I went to bed I shut it down normal and as far as I know nobody has been on my computer today.
As it is right now I can't even access the internet or my games heck I can't even get to my desktop and am writing this on my Wii U.
I have tried everything I could think of. Restarting my computer, turning it off and waiting awhile to turn it back on and I keep getting the same message.
Any help will be appreciated.
Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4
Currently playing: See my Backlog.
Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311
2. Posted: Tue 20th Aug 2013 02:56 BST
Could you list some of the specs of your comp? such as operating system, HDD space, memort, core, etc. Also what were you doing last night before you shut it down if you don't mind me asking? are you the only one who uses this comp? were there any other symptoms? do you visit any sketchy websites? do you download torrents? ;3
3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez
3. Posted: Tue 20th Aug 2013 03:14 BST
Its Windows 7 Home Premium for the OS. I was on Nintendo Life before I shut it down. My son uses the computer but he just goes to game sites that he is allowed to at school. No I don't go to sketchy sites nor do I use torrents. It has a 1 terabyte HD and. Other than that I can't give specs unless I can get on it which I cant atm. And no I didnt have any other symptoms.
Edited on Tue 20th August, 2013 @ 03:15 by Tasuki
4. Posted: Tue 20th Aug 2013 03:54 BST
Hmm, I see. Thanks for the info, that's should be enough! Do you and your son use the same account or do you both use the same one, more importantly how many user profiles do you have on the computer?
5. Posted: Tue 20th Aug 2013 04:13 BST
I only have the one profile cause I am the one who uses the pc the most. If my son uses it it's just to play games for maybe an hour at the most. Also I watch him carefully when he on the computer so I know where he goes. He doesn't even go on Facebook on that computer.
6. Posted: Tue 20th Aug 2013 04:30 BST
Credits to Roi A. from MA for the info, this are the instructions I found:
1. Restart your computer and hit F8 multiples times until you see a menu-like screen, if you see the Windows splash screen then repeat this step
2. Highlight and hit enter on Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Try logging in there. If it still doesn't work, then go to step17
3. If you are able to login, once a command prompt pops up, type: net user administrator password /active:yes (you can specify whatever password you want for the administrator account.)
4. If you get a message saying "The command completed successfully", then restart your computer by typing: shutdown -r
5. Boot up again pressing F8, but this time choose just Safe Mode.
6. You will be able to login as Administrator with the password you set in Step 3
7. Hit (windows logo)+R
8. Type regedit
9. Once the registry editor opens up, look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionProfileList
10. In the left pane, find the one that starts with S-1-5..... and ends with .BAK; if you don't find one, skip to step 15
11. Right click it and click Rename, then change the .BAK to .BK
12. Right click the one with the same numbering but without the .BAK and add .BAK add the end
13. Right click the one that you renamed to .BK and clickRename, delete the .BK
14. Eventually, you have switched the .BAK from the end of the second entry to the first. That should probably fix your problem.
15. If you didn't find a .BAK then try this: Open Windows Explorer to C:UsersDefaultAppDataLocalApplication Data
16. If you find another Application Data below the one you're on, then delete it. That should probably also fix your problem.
17. If you can't login in Safe Mode, then reboot and hit F8 until you see the menu again, then hit enter highlightingRepair Your Computer
18. Wait until all Windows Files finish loading, then hitNext when it asks keyboard language.
19. Try logging in here also, choose your user from the dropdown menu, and type the password, then jump to step 23
20. If that still doesn't work, then if you have your Windows Installation CD still, put it in and restart your computer.
21. Hit F12 until you see a menu of boot options, choose Boot from CD
22. Choose keyboard language then hit next. Find Repair Your Computer from a little below the center left.
23. Choose Open Command Prompt and type: net user administrator password /active:yes (here again you can specify a password)
24. Close the command prompt and click Restart and jump to step 5
To disable the administrator account, type this in an elevated command prompt: net user administrator /active:no
If nothing here helps, then I'm clueless on how to fix this next.
Hope that helped though
Hope it works for you, computer problems are the worse!
Hooked with AC:NL, yet finds time for other games.
Dream Address (AC:NL): 4800-2737-5140.
3DS Friend Code: 0146-9224-0196
7. Posted: Tue 20th Aug 2013 21:11 BST
@Garay: Well I tried that but that didn't work. Anyone else have suggestions.
8. Posted: Wed 21st Aug 2013 04:34 BST
Ok guys well after hours of cussing, screaming and threatening to throw my computer out of the window I got the problem fixed. I actually not quite sure how I fixed because of all the things I was trying but it seems to work now. Thanks all for your help.
9. Posted: Wed 21st Aug 2013 19:47 BST
And they say cursing doesn't do anything.
Who are you?
10. Posted: Fri 23rd Aug 2013 14:55 BST
And they say cursing doesn't do anything.
3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Nintenzo_