Forums

Topic: Internet problem after downloading demos

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Bakajin

So, I downloaded Nyxquest, FFMLAAD, and WoGoo yesterday, and ever since then my Wii won't connect to the internet. I've tried the Shop channel, news channel, Everybody Votes, no go. The internet channel is doing nothing as I type. Went to the setup screens and did a connection test. It took about twenty times longer than normally but finally worked, then it asked me if I wanted to perform a system update and I figured What can it hurt? but that came back with an error as well. Is this happening to anybody else? I'm gonna email Ninty support in a few but I was wondering if I'm the only one. A quick perusal of Nintendo Life isn't coming up with anybody else talking about this..

Yup, and now the Nintendo Channel's crapped out on me.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Bakajin

Well, whaddya know. I got off the phone with the Nintendo techy convinced he was a moron for not paying any attention to my circumstantial "proof" that it was all the demos' fault, but that wacky "power cycling" idea he had worked!

Flandy

glad i could help

Flandy

Bakajin

That was you? Thanks man. I didn't really think you were a moron, but I figured if it's working one moment and not the next, well obviously it has to be because of what I was just downloading.

theblackdragon

@Bakajin: I'm pretty sure Andy has absolutely nothing to do with Ninty's tech support, but i'm glad the actual guy was able to help you out. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Bakajin

I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

iphys

My Wii Internet connection stopped working at the end of my 2nd demo (tried to take me to the store and couldn't). After several hours of it not resolving, I reset my wireless router and that fixed it. I'm not sure why, but I seem to frequently have the problem that Internet stops working on my Wii even when it's still working for my laptop and everything else.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.