141. Posted:

i did it

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

AuthorMessage

StarDust4Ever

142. Posted:

StarDust wrote:

Here's a copy of a thread I started earlier today in feedback area, titled "Smiley Database Needed"

Edit: I rediscovered the "Devil Face;" it is the result of a bug:
" /> (end a line with a : then start the new line with : ) no spaces - wierd)

I know this is old, but the devil face glitch Untitled no longer works, and the angel face Untitled still has glitch characters after it. It's kinda sad these emoticons still don't work properly. Since the recent redesign, it occurred to me that NLife really needs proper formatting buttons for forum posts. I'm not saying NLife needs a full-blown WYSIWYG editor, but simple clickable links above the comment box for common BBcode such as bold or embed image, video, url, as well as buttons for the smiley shortcuts. Every site seems to use a slightly different version of BBcode and it's difficult to remember what the tags are when there are no buttons to embed them in the message. It also creates a rift between those users who know the codes and those who don't. I know there's more potential for newbies to abuse the code if the buttons are right there in front of them (that's why we've got moderators), but NLife really needs to be providing formatting/smiley buttons above the message box like virtually every other forum.

Edited on by StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

143. Posted:

@StarDust: I don't know if you've checked them out yet or not, but the Push Square/KINECTaku-style forums (which is what the NL forums are supposed to be upgraded toward eventually) have an option like the Backloggery where you can click a link and be shown what BBcode will work in your posts, what smileys, and how to do them. i'd imagine that's what we'll wind up with, in order to level the playing field :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

144. Posted:

So...we'll be waiting a bit? Well, I know it probably takes a while.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

James

145. Posted:

These tips are helpful for message formatting.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Portista

146. Posted:

I can't figure out how to post an image. I do (the ( is replaced with [) (img)URL(/img) PLEASE HELP!!!!

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511

AuthorMessage

Reala

147. Posted:

Portista wrote:

I can't figure out how to post an image. I do (the ( is replaced with [) (img)URL(/img) PLEASE HELP!!!!

If you don't know how to do something the best thing to do is find a comment doing exactly what your looking for and press the quote button it will display the code of how they did it for you.

Untitled

if you quote this comment it will show you how I added that pic.

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

148. Posted:

Like this one:

Untitled

If you're doing exactly what I'm doing, then the problem is the link. Make sure if you're using Google images that you click full-sized image, or it won't work, for example. If they're using Photobucket, you have to do right-click->View image and copy that link.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Portista

149. Posted:

Untitled

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511

AuthorMessage

Portista

150. Posted:

Hm..... Untitled

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

151. Posted:

That's not an image URL, son.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Portista

152. Posted:

Doesn't work. Untitled Never mind thank you! :D

Edited on by Portista

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

153. Posted:

@Portista: you'll notice I've fixed your URL for you — your code was fine, actually. The URL was for the Google Image search result page, not for the actual image. In order to get to the actual image itself, you need to click the 'Full size image' link to the right of the GIS result page.

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

154. Posted:

Untitled
Thanks!

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

155. Posted:

Ugh, okay I have a problem. I'm trying to embed a YouTube video on here, and I must be doing it right, like this. [ youtube:watch?v=COC8W8uLdI8 ] (note I spaced the brackets on purpose for this particular situation.) But when it goes up, nothing is there. I must be doing something right because it isn't the URL just sitting there, but it just comes up completely blank where the video should show up. Any ideas of what to do?

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

156. Posted:

it's the 'watch' part, WingedFish — you don't need it. in this case, the format is

[ youtube:COC8W8uLdl8 ]

just copy and paste that (sans spaces) and it should display just fine.

also, in case anyone was wondering, for some reason the [code] tags don't work when attempting to show off the code for a YouTube video. :(

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

157. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

it's the 'watch' part, WingedFish — you don't need it. in this case, the format is

[ youtube:COC8W8uLdl8 ]

just copy and paste that (sans spaces) and it should display just fine.

also, in case anyone was wondering, for some reason the [code] tags don't work when attempting to show off the code for a YouTube video. :(

[/div]

Ah, thank you so much! Very helpful indeed! :D

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Sherman

158. Posted:

How can I use double or triple or "n" line spacing? =(

If you ever wanna speak about videogames...

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6394-7559 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherman.exe

AuthorMessage

funlander

159. Posted:

how to put pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funlander

AuthorMessage

funlander

160. Posted:

:P

funlander