Help / Problems Forum

Topic: Helpful tips for formatting messages

Showing 101 to 120 of 229

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

101. Posted:

@DrDaisy - in the bracket, remove the "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" and leave the video ID on there; hopefully that helps

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Rob_mc_1

102. Posted:

@DrDaisy [yοutube:pu00CkWOwnI]
Please note that this shows up because I have misspelled youtube.

Edited on by Rob_mc_1

♠♦♣

AuthorMessage

DrDaisy

103. Posted:

Okay. Thanks.

DrDaisy

AuthorMessage

ToadFan

104. Posted:

I needed to look this up again, :3.

ToadFan

AuthorMessage

evilab

105. Posted:

i don't knowhow to massega other people in this site help

3DS fc 0559- 6771- 5784
PSN Username: El_beans_
current 3DS games:
resident evil: the mercenaries 3D,
ambassador program games, free apps,
mario land 3D and
legend of zelda oot
when u need killing, an Evil Bean
is never out of the question.

AuthorMessage

Colors

106. Posted:

abevil wrote:

I assume you mean message, not massage. And if you mean messaging someone directly like a PM, you can't.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

AuthorMessage

TheDarkDee

107. Posted:

How do I post pictures?

"Tell me a story about giant pigs!" -Gir so epic
Join the Fail Forums! Formerly rob1nfly!

AuthorMessage

LeasTwanteD

108. Posted:

(img)insert the url of the image here(/img)
Note: switch the ( ) brackets to [ ] brackets

Edited on by LeasTwanteD

NSFW

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

Gameday

109. Posted:

Ha my topic just got locked sorry guys , i didnt know this is where it all is.

Stay Gaming My Friend !
[http://www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011]

Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter: Gameday2011

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

110. Posted:

@Gameday: that's ok, now you know — and you can help point it out to anyone struggling with code/formatting at NL :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

111. Posted:

Gameday wrote:

Ha my topic just got locked sorry guys , i didnt know this is where it all is.

Just don't let it happen again and we might let you live.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

Gameday

112. Posted:

@tbd sure will
@cab the game lives on Gameday that is ha

Stay Gaming My Friend !
[http://www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011]

Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter: Gameday2011

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

113. Posted:

abevil wrote:

This should go into the Suggestions, Ideas and Feedback forum.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

SuperLink

114. Posted:

I never knew how to do this...but now I do

sorry for shouting

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

AuthorMessage

Armiturtle

115. Posted:

:(-u

MAGIC BANANAS
3DS FC:5284-1480-9559

AuthorMessage

SuperLink

116. Posted:

If there is a picture I have saved on my computer and I want to post it, how do I do that? I mean, there's no URL, so...what do I do?

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

117. Posted:

SuperLink wrote:

If there is a picture I have saved on my computer and I want to post it, how do I do that? I mean, there's no URL, so...what do I do?

http://imageshack.us/

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Lun

118. Posted:

SuperLink wrote:

I've tried this as well as the traditional way, and I still don't get it. It almost seems like for the traditional way you have to extract the image that you want, being the desired image that is contained in the initial webpage so that characters in the url address can be manipulated therefor creating or finding a totally separate page/url that contains the image and nothing but the image. If that is not the case, It always seems like the url for the page containing the image is at least 500 characters long. And since I can't decipher the pertinent characters from the url, and or add the necessary text/characters needed to support my failure of an attempt to post an image, I can't post the image. So I couldn't do that, and so I tried to go on imageshack.com and create an account and do it that way which didn't work. I really could use some help, I've been at it trying to figure it out for an hour now.

Lun

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

119. Posted:

guys, you're making this way harder than it needs to be.

I use Photobucket myself. Once you've signed up for an account and logged in, there's a big green button up at the top of the page that says 'upload now'... click that button.

once you've clicked it you're taken to a page that has you choose how you'd like to upload your images. it defaults to 'my computer' and '(your username)'s album'. since i'm assuming you guys are talking about images saved to your computer, just leave it there for now and click the big 'select photos and videos' button in the middle of the page.

a box will open allowing you to browse the contents of your computer so that you can find the image(s) you'd like to upload (holding control allows you to select multiple images if you have a few to upload at once from the same folder). click 'open' when you've got them selected, and the upload will begin automatically.

when the image is done uploading, you'll be shown a box telling you so. the option to 'view album' or 'upload more' will appear... when you're ready, just go ahead and 'view album'.

you'll be taken to a page titled '(username)'s album', and there you'll see all the images you've got uploaded so far. click one of them to be taken to a page where you can edit the image, add a title or description or tags, etc... to the right you'll see a 'share this' section, with buttons for twitter and facebook and the like. there's a little right-arrow link next to those buttons that says something like 'more options'... click it.

a popup box will appear to give you options. click the tab in the box for 'get link code'. for the purpose of the NL forums, you want the options listed under 'IMG for bulletin boards & forums' — if the image is of reasonable size, the full size option is fine, but if it's huge, go for the clickable thumbnail. just copy the text in the box you require and paste it into your post here at NL.

voila! you've posted an image! :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Lun

120. Posted:

Untitled

@TBD, thanks man. That was majorly helpful!

Edited on by Lun

Lun