Forums

Topic: Glitched badges in Nintendo Badge Arcade!

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

ZanderShepherd

I downloaded Nintendo Badge Arcade last night, but I believe my badges are glitched. I just want to know if any of you noticed anything like this. I know the game has a built-in feature to fix issues like this, but I decided to hold off on using that because I want to figure out if anyone else has this problem and the glitch looks harmless, so there's no rush in fixing it.

When you add badges to the Home Menu and then select them out of editing mode, the top screen displays the badge with a description of what's on the badge...or so I thought.
Untitled
My badges instead show some long, complicated name that looks like it's the file name within the data of the Badge Arcade itself. I'm sure this is not what I'm supposed to see. And it happens on every badge.
Untitled
One thing worth noting about the 8-bit Mario badge is that when I first put it in its spot and then selected, instead of opening the badge editing menu like it normally would, I got a message about software that had to be deleted or something, I believe it was the same message you get when you first open an app that was automatically downloaded to your system via SpotPass. I just ignored it. Then, after rebooting my system, the Mario badge dissapeared. So I put it back, and after rebooting again the badge stayed in its place and acted normally again (apart from the broken name of course).
Untitled
Again, nothing of this is game breaking or very problematic in any way,but I just want to know if anyone else may have had this problem.

Edited on by ZanderShepherd

Admit it, you heard the tune when you saw my avatar.

My complete game collection: [url=http://www.vgcollect.com/RealPoketendoNL]

3DS Friend Code: 2122-6384-7681 | Nintendo Network ID: PoketendoNL | Twitter:

Vee_Flames

Wow, that is weird... I believe those are the codenames for the badges. Have you tried removing them and placing them back again? Does it occur for EVERY badge you have (I mean ALL)?

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

ZanderShepherd

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Wow, that is weird... I believe those are the codenames for the badges. Have you tried removing them and placing them back again? Does it occur for EVERY badge you have (I mean ALL)?

@VeeFlamesNL I think you're right, those have to be the codenames. Removing them and putting them back doesn't help. And it happens on literally every badge I own. Granted, that isn't a huge amount, but it does happen on every single one of them. I don't even know whether the in-game fixer can fix it, because that program looks more like it's meant to fix issues with placing badges, rather than something like this. Are your badges looking ok? Do they have the right description beneath them?

Admit it, you heard the tune when you saw my avatar.

My complete game collection: [url=http://www.vgcollect.com/RealPoketendoNL]

3DS Friend Code: 2122-6384-7681 | Nintendo Network ID: PoketendoNL | Twitter:

Silly_G

The game states that to restore the game, you'll need to delete the "Extra Data" for the game in System Settings and then restart the game. Deleting the extra data will not delete your badges, so you need not worry. Good luck.

Edited on by Silly_G

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

ZanderShepherd

sillygostly wrote:

The game states that to restore the game, you'll need to delete the "Extra Data" for the game in System Settings and then restart the game. Deleting the extra data will not delete your badges, so you need not worry. Good luck.

@sillygostly Thanks! I'll try the default restore option in the app first, but I'll keep this in mind.

Admit it, you heard the tune when you saw my avatar.

My complete game collection: [url=http://www.vgcollect.com/RealPoketendoNL]

3DS Friend Code: 2122-6384-7681 | Nintendo Network ID: PoketendoNL | Twitter:

OrcinusWhale

Same here... how can I fix it?! it's really starting to annoy me!

OrcinusWhale

Vee_Flames

Poketendo wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Wow, that is weird... I believe those are the codenames for the badges. Have you tried removing them and placing them back again? Does it occur for EVERY badge you have (I mean ALL)?

@VeeFlamesNL I think you're right, those have to be the codenames. Removing them and putting them back doesn't help. And it happens on literally every badge I own. Granted, that isn't a huge amount, but it does happen on every single one of them. I don't even know whether the in-game fixer can fix it, because that program looks more like it's meant to fix issues with placing badges, rather than something like this. Are your badges looking ok? Do they have the right description beneath them?

Yeah, mine work fine. I'm guessing it's a bug isolated to your software.
I would recommend deleting the software (but not the extra data) and download it again, but @sillygostly already beat me to it. If that doesn't work, then maybe you have to delete the extra data as it may be corrupted. I'm guessing you got your badges for free, right? So you won't be losing much.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

OrcinusWhale

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Poketendo wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Wow, that is weird... I believe those are the codenames for the badges. Have you tried removing them and placing them back again? Does it occur for EVERY badge you have (I mean ALL)?

@VeeFlamesNL I think you're right, those have to be the codenames. Removing them and putting them back doesn't help. And it happens on literally every badge I own. Granted, that isn't a huge amount, but it does happen on every single one of them. I don't even know whether the in-game fixer can fix it, because that program looks more like it's meant to fix issues with placing badges, rather than something like this. Are your badges looking ok? Do they have the right description beneath them?

Yeah, mine work fine. I'm guessing it's a bug isolated to your software.
I would recommend deleting the software (but not the extra data) and download it again, but @sillygostly already beat me to it. If that doesn't work, then maybe you have to delete the extra data as it may be corrupted. I'm guessing you got your badges for free, right? So you won't be losing much.

I solved the problem... it's a language bug. if you'll change your language it will be fine.

OrcinusWhale

ZanderShepherd

LOLIPOP_MASTER wrote:

I solved the problem... it's a language bug. if you'll change your language it will be fine.

Wait, are you kidding me? The only reason the names are glitched is because my system is set to Dutch? If I set it to English it will be fine? That seems like a pretty stupid oversight. Well, I think I'll keep it like this for now. Honestly, I think it's kind of funny. I may switch later, as my Tomodachi Life is in Dutch now too and I may want to switch that back to English as well, but for now I'm fine with how it is. Thanks for sharing the problem though!

Admit it, you heard the tune when you saw my avatar.

My complete game collection: [url=http://www.vgcollect.com/RealPoketendoNL]

3DS Friend Code: 2122-6384-7681 | Nintendo Network ID: PoketendoNL | Twitter:

Top

  • Pages:
  • 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic