Forums

Topic: Did I just lose a VC game?

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Yasume

So I was playing Super Mario RPG today, made some progress and ended the game after an hour. I turned my Wii off, went downstairs to grab a snack and then decided to play some more. However when I started the game a message popped up:

"The file is damaged.
It can't be used.

Press the A-button to return to the Wii-menu."

(This probably isn't the correct message in English, but I'm from a different country)

I immediately deleted the game and downloaded it again, but I still get the same message. What other options do I have?

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

theblackdragon

Did you try resetting the game before beginning again, or did you attempt to jump right back into it? Hope you saved properly at a save-block before shutting your Wii off, at least... it sounds like your save-state might have been corrupted, which may have occurred if you shut off the Wii in the middle of your game instead of exiting out to the home menu first. If push comes to shove, you may have to delete your SMRPG save-file from the Wii and begin a fresh game.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

V8_Ninja

Well, you can delete your save data for the game (which should make the game playable), but you would lose all your progress. Or you could do nothing. It's your call.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Tsuchinoko

I've never heard of that happening. thats weird. I mean, Super Mario RPG is fun-tastic, so a little replay won't hurt. I'd go with deleting the save data. Its better than not having it at all.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Yasume

Hmm, yeah I figured that deleting my save file is the only thing that I could do. Sigh...I really don't want to start all over again, but I guess that I don't have a choice.

@TBD: Yes, I did end my playthrough the correct way. I saved my game at a save-block, pressed the button on the Wiimote and returned to the Wii-menu. I always end my games like that and I haven't had any problems until now.

Tsuchinoko

@Yasume Why is Gumshoe smelling his finger?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Yasume

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@Yasume Why is Gumshoe smelling his finger?

He still had the smell of instant noodles on his hands that he ate that morning. Poor guy, I really hope that his salary doesn't get cut even more in the next games.

He may also just trying to avoid to sneeze, though...

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.