Forums

Topic: Confused? nintendo wii RVL-001 with motion plus

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

smlestina303

Hi! I am navigating a solution to satisfy all my retro game cravings without going crazy trying to find the mini NES classic console. I have it narrowed down to a nintendo wii RVL-001 with motion plus. That way I can get my NES classic on, my Sega on, my Game Cube on, and then some! But I just have one really stupid question that I cannot confirm before I purchase the console. Can somebody please take pity and answer me on this??

- Does the original Nintendo Wii Sports game work with the motion plus Wii consoles? Or do I need to get a different Sports game? We just want to bowl!

Thank you so much for anyone who can answer this. Then I'll be on my way to playing all the classic games I was dying to get into this Christmas when all the mini classic consoles were selling out. Thanks again and happy new year!!! XO

smlestina303

Octane

@smlestina303 There are no "motion plus" consoles. All Wii consoles can play all Wii games. For Wii Sports, it doesn't matter what kind of controller you use, as long as it's a Wii Remote ('Plus' or not doesn't matter).

Octane

smlestina303

Ah yes, the controllers are motion plus. Sorry for my bad explanation. May I please just confirm that I understand you? A Wii with motion plus controllers are capable of playing the original wii sports game? Thank you SO SO much for your help.

smlestina303

Octane

@smlestina303 Yes, that's correct. Wii Sports was a launch game for the Wii and worked with the original Wii Remotes. The Wii Remote Plus controller are improved controllers that have gyro controls built in them, but they still work with all the original games. As long as you have Plus controllers, all Wii games will be playable.

Octane

smlestina303

@Octane THANK YOU! I really appreciate your time and great info. SO helpful. Thanks again so much!
At the risk of sounding even more naive, do you perhaps have time to answer one more question for me about the Wii model number RVL-001 compatibility thing? Im looking at getting a couple of wireless game cube controllers for an easier time playing Smash Bros and Mario Kart. But the proliferation of WiiU items is making me nervous about what works with the Wii.

I am looking at getting a few colors of these wireless game cube controllers. Will they work on a the Wii RVL-001? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperkin-ProCube-Gamecube-Style-Pro-C...

Thank you so much for all your help! Part of this is a gift so I can't ask my go-to friend for the answers.

Or is it the case that game cube controllers must have a wire to be compatible with the Wii and wireless game cube controllers will not work on a Wii?

Edited on by smlestina303

smlestina303

Octane

@smlestina303 I see. Well, those GameCube controller you linked are actually Wii U Pro controllers that are shaped after a GameCube controller, they only work with the Wii U.

If you want GameCube controllers, a better option is to hunt down some original (used) controllers. The Wavebird controllers were Nintendo's wireless GameCube controllers, naturally, they are also compatible with the RVL-001 models. If you are looking for new controllers, you could buy the Super Smash Bros. Edition GameCube Controller (don't know if they are still widely available, stock of these limited products is often, well, limited). They were made for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, but used a special adapter. As far as I'm aware, they are just regular GameCube controllers. The only difference is that they have the Smash logo printed on them instead of the Nintendo logo.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.