Help / Problems Forum

Topic: Broke Quotes Fixed, Next Major Issue for the Site: Weird Adam 12

Showing 1 to 20 of 44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

1. Posted:

No, the guy from Cave Story isn't strapped for cash.

Currently the quote button does not work. It'll lead to a reply field with the quote tags but none of the message in between the quote tags.

Also, maybe I'm just noticing this, but the reply field now has "Fields marked with a (*) are required" above it, even though the reply field does not have an asterisk and is the old text field in the first place.

I'm on FireFox on a Windows Vista Business computer.

Oh, and I just tested it on this post, and now instead of quoting me as "weirdadam," it says "adam12". Still got my user name wrong, guys, but glad to see you're working on the problem over a year later.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

2. Posted:

Damn it Adam, you were one minute faster than I was. I hate you a lot.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

3. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

No, the guy from Cave Story isn't strapped for cash.

Currently the quote button does not work. It'll lead to a reply field with the quote tags but none of the message in between the quote tags.

Also, maybe I'm just noticing this, but the reply field now has "Fields marked with a (*) are required" above it, even though the reply field does not have an asterisk and is the old text field in the first place.

I'm on FireFox on a Windows Vista Business computer.

Oh, and I just tested it on this post, and now instead of quoting me as "weirdadam," it says "adam12". Still got my user name wrong, guys, but glad to see you're working on the problem over a year later.

Works for me.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

YoshiSage

4. Posted:

This happens to me too. I also posted a thread about the "Fields marked with a (*) are required" on top of the reply box.

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

5. Posted:

Ah, so the mods are favoring Adam over me. I see how it is.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

6. Posted:

~I bet this was Iz's doing!~

EDIT: :O SMALL TEXT ISN'T WORKING!

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

antdickens

7. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Ah, so the mods are favoring Adam over me. I see how it is.

Nope, quote fixed though :)

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox

Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter: antdickens

AuthorMessage
Avatar

YoshiSage

8. Posted:

pHaT-aNt_ wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Ah, so the mods are favoring Adam over me. I see how it is.

Nope, quote fixed though :)

Thank you!

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

9. Posted:

pHaT-aNt_ wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Ah, so the mods are favoring Adam over me. I see how it is.

Nope, quote fixed though :)

Oh, it feels so good to be back in quoting action.

Whoa, it quotes you as Anthony Dickens now. Nevermind... it said so when I first was typing the reply, but now it shows like normal. Weird.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMarioFan96

10. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

~I bet this was Iz's doing!~

EDIT: :O SMALL TEXT ISN'T WORKING!

Did something happen with the website or the security or the whathaveyou?
~Testing, 1, 2, 3~
Nope still nothing

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

YoshiSage

11. Posted:

Shouldn't the asterisks in my sig produce bold text?

EDIT: Smileys don't work in sig either. Should it be doing this?

Edited on by YoshiSage

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

12. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

No, the guy from Cave Story isn't strapped for cash.

One day the user known as Adam set out to see if it still says "adam12" when quoting him. As he typed his reply in the comment field it still said "adam12", but what would the actual posted response say? There was only one way to find out, and this is that story...

EDIT: OH GLORIOUS DAY IT *FINALLY* SAYS MY ACTUAL NAME. THANK YOU NINTENDO LIFE.

DOUBLE EDIT: AH CRAP IT SAYS WEIRD ADAM AGAIN NOW THAT I EDITED IT. THANKS FOR NOTHING.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMarioFan96

13. Posted:

@YoshiSage I don't think stuff like that works in signatures, but I could be wrong.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

14. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Testing...

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

YoshiSage

15. Posted:

Adam wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

No, the guy from Cave Story isn't strapped for cash.

One day the user known as Adam set out to see if it still says "adam12" when quoting him. As he typed his reply in the comment field it still said "adam12", but what would the actual posted response say? There was only one way to find out, and this is that story...

EDIT: OH GLORIOUS DAY IT *FINALLY* SAYS MY ACTUAL NAME. THANK YOU NINTENDO LIFE.

DOUBLE EDIT: AH CRAP IT SAYS WEIRD ADAM AGAIN. THANKS FOR NOTHING.

You really are weirdadam. :P

Anyway, I notice that the asterisks around FINALLY aren't making bold text...

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

16. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

Testing...

Double test

Edit: Okay, so it looks like when I'm first quoted, it shows up like normal. If edited or quoted again, it'll change to weirdadam with a link to weirdadam's profile (never used to do that). A second edit delinks it.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMarioFan96

17. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

No, the guy from Cave Story isn't strapped for cash.

One day the user known as Adam set out to see if it still says "adam12" when quoting him. As he typed his reply in the comment field it still said "adam12", but what would the actual posted response say? There was only one way to find out, and this is that story...

EDIT: OH GLORIOUS DAY IT *FINALLY* SAYS MY ACTUAL NAME. THANK YOU NINTENDO LIFE.

Interestingly though, in the comment field, your original quote says "weirdadam" and the second one says "Adam12." But the actual post says........

EDIT: The original didn't work but the other is Adam, maybe if I change it myself......

EDIT AGAIN: I'm done trying.

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

18. Posted:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

No, the guy from Cave Story isn't strapped for cash.

One day the user known as Adam set out to see if it still says "adam12" when quoting him. As he typed his reply in the comment field it still said "adam12", but what would the actual posted response say? There was only one way to find out, and this is that story...

EDIT: OH GLORIOUS DAY IT *FINALLY* SAYS MY ACTUAL NAME. THANK YOU NINTENDO LIFE.

Interestingly though, in the comment field, your original quote says "weirdadam" and the second one says "Adam12." But the actual post says........

EDIT: The original didn't work but the other is Adam, maybe if I change it myself......

EDIT AGAIN: I'm done trying.

Bleh?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

19. Posted:

I know! It's like a chain effect. First it's Adam12/Adam. Then it's Adam/Weirdadam. Then it's Weirdadam/Weirdadam-delinkified. This is very traumatic for me. I don't know who I am anymore.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RallyFTW

20. Posted:

Fail. That's all I need to say.

XBL- TheRallyFTW
Brawl FC- 2278-4523-0777
Skype- TheRallyFTW

"My, what great connection you have!"

I used to be immature, but then I took a reality to the knee. And by that, I mean that Microsoft banned me for no reason.

Twitter: WowPabs