Help / Problems Forum

Topic: Black border on computer

Showing 1 to 10 of 10

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Matillion

1. Posted:

A while ago I simply opened up my computer and this showed up;
Untitled
(It didn't show up at Prt Scr, so I had to do one myself)
It's literary everywhere and I can''t get it away. Restarting the cpu doesn't work either.
Anyone with a helping hand?

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

2. Posted:

Since pressing print screen doesn't show the black area, the problem most likely lies in your monitor. I personally can't help you with screen troubles, so you're on your own from there. However, I would recommend hooking up another computer to the monitor to see if the problem truly is your monitor instead of the computer.

EDIT: Judging from the fact that you can "Open Up" your computer, I'm going to assume it's a laptop. In which case you're going to have to hook it up to a different monitor and make the computer only use the hooked-up monitor. If your problem still arises while using the new monitor, it is 99% certain that something is wrong with your computer.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NX01Trekkie1992

3. Posted:

it's also possible that, if it's a laptop, you hit the duplicate/extend screen onto second monitor button, that does all kinds of weird stuff sometimes, try toying with that first

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VincentV

4. Posted:

Hey, that's a Chrome theme like a Firefox persona. It's a background for the browser. You must have installed it from the Chrome Web Store. PS: you're on a foreign version of Google's website. Sounds kinda like French. A hacker took over my computer and streamed TERRIBLE heavy metal full-blast at midnight on my computer. Norton fixed it all up. I wrote about this on the Windows 8 VS Mac OSX Lion VS Linux Ubuntu discussion page. If you think this happened, check it. I'll look for a link.

Edited on by VincentV

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VincentV

5. Posted:

Oh, I didn't see the side. Whoops. Looks like the hardware, wiring, monitor, or the settings have failed you/gotten messed up. Check all that and the settings.

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

James

6. Posted:

@VincentV I'm sure Matillion, being from Sweden, is quite aware that the image posted is in Swedish.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VincentV

7. Posted:

James wrote:

@VincentV I'm sure Matillion, being from Sweden, is quite aware that the image posted is in Swedish.

Oh, Swedish. I didn't see. Oops.

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

R-L-A-George

8. Posted:

VincentV wrote:

Hey, that's a Chrome theme like a Firefox persona. It's a background for the browser. You must have installed it from the Chrome Web Store. PS: you're on a foreign version of Google's website. Sounds kinda like French. A hacker took over my computer and streamed TERRIBLE heavy metal full-blast at midnight on my computer. Norton fixed it all up. I wrote about this on the Windows 8 VS Mac OSX Lion VS Linux Ubuntu discussion page. If you think this happened, check it. I'll look for a link.

Wow, hacker did that? Man I would of been worried for the speakers... Though I like some of that type of music.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightPoint

9. Posted:

R-L-A-George wrote:

VincentV wrote:

Hey, that's a Chrome theme like a Firefox persona. It's a background for the browser. You must have installed it from the Chrome Web Store. PS: you're on a foreign version of Google's website. Sounds kinda like French. A hacker took over my computer and streamed TERRIBLE heavy metal full-blast at midnight on my computer. Norton fixed it all up. I wrote about this on the Windows 8 VS Mac OSX Lion VS Linux Ubuntu discussion page. If you think this happened, check it. I'll look for a link.

Wow, hacker did that? Man I would of been worried for the speakers... Though I like some of that type of music.

:O I'm surprised Norton did anything! Glad to hear it got fixed though.

TwilightPoint

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VincentV

10. Posted:

JarvanZheitk wrote:

R-L-A-George wrote:

VincentV wrote:

Hey, that's a Chrome theme like a Firefox persona. It's a background for the browser. You must have installed it from the Chrome Web Store. PS: you're on a foreign version of Google's website. Sounds kinda like French. A hacker took over my computer and streamed TERRIBLE heavy metal full-blast at midnight on my computer. Norton fixed it all up. I wrote about this on the Windows 8 VS Mac OSX Lion VS Linux Ubuntu discussion page. If you think this happened, check it. I'll look for a link.

Wow, hacker did that? Man I would of been worried for the speakers... Though I like some of that type of music.

:O I'm surprised Norton did anything! Glad to hear it got fixed though.

Well, I meant it made sure the hacker didn't install anything like a virus. As for turning it off, I did it, and you can be sure I removed the battery too. If there had been a virus, it could've booted itself back up w/ the battery. I guess the hacker was even lenient enough to stream the crappy music through instead of downloading it. Or maybe he was to impatient, or lazy. Whatever the case, I'm glad that hasn't happened again.
EDIT: And by mentioning the whole incident in the first place, which seems irrelevant, I meant a hacker could have messed around with the settings as a prank. Who knows what really happened?

Edited on by VincentV

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294