Forums

Topic: Antivir Solution Pro

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Old_School

Hey mods...Admins...I have been infected with Antivir Solution Pro and it's counterparts about 5 times now. It only comes from NintendoLife.com...Gonna have to say away from the site, it is a pain in the butt to remove...

Vegeta: Just...just...transform damn you...
Bulma: We are going to have a penthouse sweet...and he'll drive a corvet...and we will make love every single...
Zarbon: (transforms)
Bulma: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

James

If you can grab a screenshot and post it here that'd be much appreciated: it's really difficult for us to investigate without more information unfortunately.

pHaT-aNt_ wrote:

We've never had any evidence of viruses or things that could harm you computer that come from this site. However, due to the nature of the internet and the fact we're loading components/adverts/images from 3rd party websites there could be instances where they are the source.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

rayfrea

Hey,
I got infected with this virus too, but it came from another site, not this one. Old School, how did you remove this virus? It blocks nearly everything. Can't even surf the Internet properly. I've already did the safe mode thingy as they recommend on this blog http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-remove-antiv... but I get a blue screen with some strange text. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance

Edited on by rayfrea

rayfrea

theblackdragon

@rayfrea: Antivir Solution Pro is in the same family as AV Security Suite... can you load windows successfully in normal mode (whether or not the fake antivirus loads too)? if so, the key to getting AV Security Suite to not load (so that you can use your computer again and get rid of everything; hopefully it'll be the same for ASP) is to quickly open Task Manager (ctrl+shift+esc) right after you've logged onto your desktop (before everything fully loads).

if you did it right, Task Manager will open just in the nick of time. under the 'Processes' tab, in that list of programs you'll see one that's just a bunch of random letters ending in 'tssd.exe' (according to your link, it's the same as AVSS). End that process, and your computer should be usable again so that you can follow the rest of the instructions on that page you linked.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

rayfrea

Thank you theblackdragon! I was able to end Antivir Solution Pro process and download Malwarebytes, but the problem is that it doesn't dectect anything I think I will try avast, I've heard it's a good antivirus program. At least now I know how to stop this annoying virus. Thanks again!

rayfrea

theblackdragon

np, rayfrea, anytime :3 I used Kaspersky's rescue disk and it, along with me manually editing out the bad registry keys, modifying my startup processes, and deleting files by hand, seems to have taken care of the problem in my case. good luck with whatever you try :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

antdickens

Morning guys, I've been keeping an eye on this thread - I've forwarded the very useful screenshot to our advert suppliers in the US and they're currently investigating to see if there's any trace of it coming from them. This seems to be isolated to the US so intial feeling is that it could be connected.

I'll post an update when they get back to me with the results. Thanks again for making us aware of this, it's never our intention for any of this to happen - our own servers are always 100% free of adware/spyware etc, however as the adverts come from 3rd party websites it's out of our direct control. Hopefully its a one of case if they find something.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Battista

@rayfrea: Avast is fantastic! It constantly updates and has defeated any virus that I've come across at least on these message boards.

Good to know the antivir is a scam. I was terrified. Now I just gotta get it off my other computer (the one without avast).

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31 (NKJV)

Malouff

If you have AnVir Task Manager (sometimes free on Giveaway of the Day) can block a process from starting up.
I like that unlike the windows task manager that shows processes it also shows services and what they belong to.
So instead of seeing a bunch of svchost.exe processes you can see what the service name really is.

It also will color code everything and those in red are a possible virus that you can right click and send to virus total to scan with a bunch of antivirus software.

For a uninstaller try Revo uninstaller.

PSN: TimMalouff - Wii FC: 8857 8848 6453 6344 Region USA

Twitter:

Tasuki

Yeah I got a few viruse from this site as well I got them last week but my antivirus AVG Free found them before they cause any problems with my com. Havent got one for a few days but if I get one I will get a screen shot if I can.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

nintendograbber

My main computer was infected with this, i used everything you guy posted to help, and, thanks to, i have beaten antivir solution pro! THANK YOU SO MUCH =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) Edit: The virus came back at the exact same time it showed up yesterday. I got rid of it again with the instructions you guys so kindly provided, but i want to get rid of it for GOOD. any help?

Edited on by nintendograbber

Wii Number-7678 3196 4328 4590

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.