Forums

Topic: Zelda Timeline

Posts 161 to 179 of 179

Zagardal

zezzy wrote:

Zagardal wrote:

As the three main chars are linked with an individual part of the triforce, they shouldn't be able to really die. If that was the case, the LttP timeline wouldn't happen as such, cuz Link was removed from it entirely.

Each of the Links and Zeldas are different. None of them are the same except for direct sequels. Not sure if they're reincarnated or whatever, but they definitely aren't the same persons.

I know they are not the same persons. When I say they can't be killed I refer to their... souls? spirit? holy existence? whatever, you get the point. They might not always be alive in the physical world at the same time, but they can't be nonexistant.

sykotek wrote:

@Zagardal: Something like this?
[youtube:g0IL66pagbA]

yeah xD... as of the type of gameplay, I'm also very open minded, but Zelda III should be made eventually.

Edited on by Zagardal

Zagardal

Kid_A

Is anyone else just salivating at all this new timeline info? I didn't realize how much I loved Zelda mythology until Skyward Sword, and with this (unofficial) timeline reveal, I'm kinda freaking out right now.

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adam

I don't like it. The two-way split timeline made some vague kind of sense, as much as any time travel story ever does, in that the time travel causes the world to go on as if he were still a child while a separate world continues with him as an adult. Why would it split a third time because he fails in one of those timelines? I don't see what time travel has to do with it. That timeline would continue to go on as if Link failed.

Not a fan of time travel stories to begin with because of nonsense like this, but the timeline doesn't really matter to me. The only thing it affects is that, knowing there isn't one timeline, I will now constantly be confused as to the context of each new game. The theory of each game being a distortion of the same legend was much simpler and more interesting, I thought.

Oh well, doesn't matter much to me either way, as not knowing the continuity has never been a significant hindrance to enjoying the story.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Zagardal

Adam wrote:

I don't like it. The two-way split timeline made some vague kind of sense, as much as any time travel story ever does, in that the time travel causes the world to go on as if he were still a child while a separate world continues with him as an adult. Why would it split a third time because he fails in one of those timelines? I don't see what time travel has to do with it. That timeline would continue to go on as if Link failed.

The Zelda timeline is reaching concepts but not really grasping them; the split timeline is something that concerns the idea of the fifth dimension, which allows as many posible futures as you would like from a single starting point in the universe. In a way, the zelda story has infinite timeline splits, many of them mostly identical besides minor changes that probably won't alter history in a meaningful way. All of those timelines become simultaneous as they are spawned, but Nintendo only cares about 3 to tell the story they want to tell.

Zagardal

KaiserGX

Adam wrote:

Not a fan of time travel stories to begin with because of nonsense like this, but the timeline doesn't really matter to me. The only thing it affects is that, knowing there isn't one timeline, I will now constantly be confused as to the context of each new game. The theory of each game being a distortion of the same legend was much simpler and more interesting, I thought.

Oh well, doesn't matter much to me either way, as not knowing the continuity has never been a significant hindrance to enjoying the story.

Because Link to the Past exists and that's the original canon that Link was not present in the Imprisoning War. It has nothing to do with time travel.

The other 2 are the what-ifs. What if Link was around during the Imprisoning War? The Classic Timeline (which ends with Adventure of Link) is the main one.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

KaiserGX

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Here is one thing I don't get... Four Swords Adventures is in the wrong spot. It should be placed directly after the original Four Swords (both of which are after Minish Cap).

Ganondorf was killed for good at the end of Twilight Princess, making that game the last of the "Child" timeline.

If you put Four Swords Adventures directly after Four Swords... well OOT was the first game where Ganondorf was born. How could a reincarnation of Ganondorf appear before he is even born. The game is in the right place. Ganondorf is going to keep reincarnating like the text said on Twilight Princess before they took it out.

(or Skyward Sword)

Edited on by KaiserGX

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

lord_hades

wait how come links an adult in SS but a kid in OOT is it possible that link and zelda had a child before OOT and when the civil war broke out princess zelda escaped with her child, and link senior died in battle and that links unknown mother is zelda, then in the future link jr grew up and became known as just link but the zelda he knew was another zelda in the royal family who just happened to look like the zelda in ss.

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

NX01Trekkie1992

the real kicker is it actually makes more sense than the bullcrap timeline from last month

NX01Trekkie1992

theblackdragon

@Yasha: I'm sure Nintendo only did it just to spike all your personal theories, of course — it's the only reason I can think of for them having bothered codifying everything together in the first place after all that secrecy.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

LzWinky

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

the real kicker is it actually makes more sense than the bullcrap timeline from last month

No, the real kicker is you won't admit that Nintendo doesn't agree with you

jtt235 wrote:

wait how come links an adult in SS but a kid in OOT is it possible that link and zelda had a child before OOT and when the civil war broke out princess zelda escaped with her child, and link senior died in battle and that links unknown mother is zelda, then in the future link jr grew up and became known as just link but the zelda he knew was another zelda in the royal family who just happened to look like the zelda in ss.

Wut?

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LordTendoboy

lz20XX wrote:

jtt235 wrote:

Wut?

Agreed. He needs to use punctuation, sentence structure, proper grammar, paragraph separation, etc. It's just a jumbled mess.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

kkslider5552000

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

are you still mad you're not always right every single second of your life?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

sykotek

Brace yourselves.

The Definitive Zelda timeline:
Untitled

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

LordTendoboy

sykotek wrote:

Brace yourselves.

Untitled

Release dates =/= timeline

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LzWinky

LordTendoboy wrote:

sykotek wrote:

Brace yourselves.

Untitled

Release dates =/= timeline

Actually it's a timeline of releases. Still counts

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Electricmastro

Hyrule Historia: The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia, Page 69:

Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

KaiserGX

I had everything right except for the placement of both Minish Cap, Force Swords (Since In-Game story really had no idea where to put them or if they were Canon or not) and the fact that there was a third split. Though I had them in the right order. Nice to see I was right and I basically told everyone each game was either a sequel or a prequel to a previous one.

Though because I only thought there were 2 splits (on my Timeline) Link to the Past was after Four Swords Adventures. Meaning I thought it was the same Ganon (its just a new Gerudo reincarnation). Though originally Four Swords was going to be a prequel to it which changed after Miyamoto said the story was too complicated.

Edited on by KaiserGX

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.