Forums

Topic: Zelda Timeline

Posts 141 to 160 of 179

Chrono_Cross

That and I hope they ditch the WW themed Link. He's way overused and after two mediocre sequels on the DS, he's very bland nowadays.

Give me some adult Link. Or an entirely new design. ...and no mixing of TP and WW Links NINTENDO. >:l

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

theblackdragon wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

As for the rebirth of Hyrule, Spirit Tracks now that's awaiting a sequel.

but NO TRAINS THIS TIME. holy crap i was tearing my hair out toward the end there. never again will i complain about running around or sailing D: D: D:

The best train bit was the train battle at the end. Why wait for the end to give us that? D: D: D:

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

shingi_70

Zagardal wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

How is zelda II a dead end?

They already had the whole triforce to use in that timeline, but eventually everything goes to hell so I guess they didn't. Wouldn't make sense to not use it a second time, so I guess they transform Hyrule into a utopia and they all live happily ever after.

why would they do that?

Zelda in crazy post apocalyptic world where people like in Zelda II have learned to live and create a cool world.

You can't really compain about the the barley there zelda timeline if you were to read comics and look at the Marvel and DC timelines.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

theblackdragon wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

As for the rebirth of Hyrule, Spirit Tracks now that's awaiting a sequel.

but NO TRAINS THIS TIME. holy crap i was tearing my hair out toward the end there. never again will i complain about running around or sailing D: D: D:

So no steampunk zelda

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

sykotek

I know this may be controversial to some of you, but there is no timeline. If Nintendo acknowledges the existence of a timeline, it's just to shut everyone up.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

theblackdragon

oh syko, you and your common sense don't belong in this thread
your zelda-themed avatar can stay, though... meeeeeow

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

syko's avatar is very intimidating.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Zagardal

shingi_70 wrote:

Zagardal wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

They already had the whole triforce to use in that timeline, but eventually everything goes to hell so I guess they didn't. Wouldn't make sense to not use it a second time, so I guess they transform Hyrule into a utopia and they all live happily ever after.

why would they do that?

Zelda in crazy post apocalyptic world where people like in Zelda II have learned to live and create a cool world.

You can't really compain about the the barley there zelda timeline if you were to read comics and look at the Marvel and DC timelines.

All I'm saying is that it seems they decided to trust their own capacities and live in Hyrule as it was (This is after Zelda I). Time passed and things go to hell again, Zelda II starts with the princess under a spell and a cult running rampant trying to revive Ganon. At the end of the game, odds are they won't like the prospect of a "Zelda III" situation (although we would), so it's likely that they use the triforce this time to permanently protect Hyrule from that kind of evil.

Zagardal

shingi_70

It shouldn't be that hard I mean look at the two metroid timelines.

Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Fusion

or
Metroid/Zero Mission
Metroid II: return of samus
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

WAT!

kkslider5552000

I just realized how tragic the Hero of Time's story is. Either he LOSES TO THE BAD GUY AND DIES, he DISSAPPEARS FROM EXISTENCE or HE DIES AS A STALFOS THANKS TO BEING IN THE LOST WOODS FOR TOO LONG.

shingi_70 wrote:

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Hunters
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

or
Metroid/Zero Mission
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

if that's a reference to a certain hack writer refusing to acknowledge awesome games as canon, good job

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Zagardal wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Zagardal wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

why would they do that?

All I'm saying is that it seems they decided to trust their own capacities and live in Hyrule as it was (This is after Zelda I). Time passed and things go to hell again, Zelda II starts with the princess under a spell and a cult running rampant trying to revive Ganon. At the end of the game, odds are they won't like the prospect of a "Zelda III" situation (although we would), so it's likely that they use the triforce this time to permanently protect Hyrule from that kind of evil.

As far a a peaceful never placed under a threat again Hyrule all i have to say is

Untitled

Skyward Sword pretty much makes sure that a another evil must come.

WAT!

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I just realized how tragic the Hero of Time's story is. Either he LOSES TO THE BAD GUY AND DIES, he DISSAPPEARS FROM EXISTENCE or HE DIES AS A STALFOS THANKS TO BEING IN THE LOST WOODS FOR TOO LONG.

shingi_70 wrote:

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Hunters
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

or
Metroid/Zero Mission
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

if that's a reference to a certain hack writer refusing to acknowledge awesome games as canon, good job

Yep. Good thing Sakamoto will most likely never be invovled in depth with the story again.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Hunters
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

or
Metroid/Zero Mission
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

Yep. Good thing Sakamoto will most likely never be invovled in depth with the story again.

anyone who tries to make this an Other M debate thread should be ignored for the uncreativity alone, just so you know (which is why I was trying to be subtle)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Hunters
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

or
Metroid/Zero Mission
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

anyone who tries to make this an Other M debate thread should be ignored for the uncreativity alone, just so you know (which is why I was trying to be subtle)

I know.

Now Back to zelda

The next zelda is going to be a prequel to Skyward Sword.

WAT!

Zagardal

I would love a sequel to The Adventure of Link. I'm not even asking for a mindblowing twist or anything, it's just to get over my childhood gripe of never playing an actual "Zelda III" instead of going backwards or sideways; LttP gave us a great backstory and it felt amazing at the time, but 2 games later it became frustrating. Hopefully they won't use the original timeline as a dump for the 2D games, so I'm still dreaming of battling the big wizard pig for the tri-cheese and not even getting a kiss in return.

Zagardal

LordTendoboy

Here is one thing I don't get... Four Swords Adventures is in the wrong spot. It should be placed directly after the original Four Swords (both of which are after Minish Cap).

Ganondorf was killed for good at the end of Twilight Princess, making that game the last of the "Child" timeline.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Zagardal

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Ganondorf was killed for good at the end of Twilight Princess, making that game the last of the "Child" timeline.

We can safely assume that Ganondorf is NEVER gone for good. If he's not revived by somebody, he appears again after a few centuries (or perhaps it's an out of screen revival). As the three main chars are linked with an individual part of the triforce, they shouldn't be able to really die. If that was the case, the LttP timeline wouldn't happen as such, cuz Link was removed from it entirely. To truly kill one of them would be to destroy a part of the triforce, and something like that would be heavily featured as a major cataclysm, the end of the world or something like that.

Edited on by Zagardal

Zagardal

zezhyrule

Zagardal wrote:

As the three main chars are linked with an individual part of the triforce, they shouldn't be able to really die. If that was the case, the LttP timeline wouldn't happen as such, cuz Link was removed from it entirely.

Each of the Links and Zeldas are different. None of them are the same except for direct sequels. Not sure if they're reincarnated or whatever, but they definitely aren't the same persons.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

sykotek

@Zagardal: Something like this?
[youtube:g0IL66pagbA]

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Colors

tendoboy1984 wrote:

You forget about Ganondorf's and Midna's descendant children.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.