Forums

Topic: Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess: 2016 Edition!

Posts 1 to 20 of 33

LzWinky

I am going to the Nashville showing next Wednesday night. I already have a ticket and a hotel reserved, and I am quite excited for this concert!

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DBPirate

I'll probably watch it on YouTube or something.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

MsJubilee

TingLz wrote:

I am going to the Nashville showing next Wednesday night. I already have a ticket and a hotel reserved, and I am quite excited for this concert!

Lucky!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

GamecubeMan

I got the news letter because I sign up as well. Don't know if I will be able to make it to the awesome music opportunity. However, I will warn you that you will feel goose bumps and you will get the chills. Have fun to anyone playing to attend. Here is the complete tour dates.

The critically-acclaimed The Legend of Zelda™: Symphony of the Goddesses has already confirmed over 30 cities on three continents during it’s 2015 world tour of “Master Quest” featuring all new arrangements and visuals from fan-favorite The Legend of Zelda franchise™
"Master Quest" the latest installment of "The Legend of Zelda™: Symphony of the Goddesses" concert series will be touring worldwide, offering brand new music and visuals from the revered franchise. Recently added tour dates including Munich, Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles (just in time to coincide with the Electronic Entertainment Expo!), Orlando, San Francisco and San Jose - Nintendo and Jason Michael Paul Productions continue to bring live orchestral performances of theme music from the 28-year-old The Legend of Zelda franchise to fans everywhere.

The updated schedule featuring the newly announced dates:

Nashville, Schermerhorn Symphony Center ; January 21, 22
Honolulu, Concert Hall ; January 30
Tokyo, Tokyo International Forum ; February 7
Boston, Symphony Hall February 27
Seattle, Benaroya Hall ; March 2
Monterrey, Arena Monterrey ; March 6
Mexico City, Arena de Ciudad ; March 8
Toronto, Sony Center PAC ; March 20
Stockholm, Ericcson Globe ; April 16
London, SSE/ Wembley Arena ; April 17
Dusseldorf, Mitsubishi Electric Hall ; April 19
Munich, Olympiahalle ; April 20
Paris, Palais de Congres ; April 23
Milan, Teatro degli Arcimboldi ; April 24
Atlanta, Cobb Energy Center ; April 30
Miami, James L Knight Center ; May 3
Edmonton, Northern Jubilee Hall ; May 20
Vancouver, Queen Elizabeth Theater ; May 22
Calgary, Southern Jubilee ; May 23
Montreal, Place des Arts ; May 30
Las Vegas, TBA ; June 10
Los Angeles, Walt Disney Concert Hall ; June 14
Austin, The Long Center PAC ; June 20
Orlando, Walt Disney Theatre ; July 18
San Francisco, Davies Symphony Hall ; August 29
Houston, Jones Hall ; October 22
San Jose, San Jose Civic Center ; December 5

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LzWinky

DBPirate wrote:

I'll probably watch it on YouTube or something.

Youtube is not even close to the experience of a real concert. I'm a bit of a music enthusiast, so I planned this far in advance.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ralizah

Also going to the one in Nashville. Super excited!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

LzWinky

Which day?

Yoshi

I'm going to the one in Austin.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Ralizah

TingLz wrote:

Which day?

Thursday. Really glad it came to Tennessee so I could see it.

LzWinky

I'm leaving for Nashville in a few hours. I honestly haven't been this excited since Majora's Mask 3D got announced.

DBPirate

TingLz wrote:

I'm leaving for Nashville in a few hours. I honestly haven't been this excited since Majora's Mask 3D got announced.

I know it's not done yet (probably just started 15 minutes ago or so) but let us know how it was once it's done.
EDIT: And more importantly, if the Majora's Mask section of the concert was any better than 2013's.

Edited on by DBPirate

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

LzWinky

Okay, I just got back to my hotel, and I am ready for the review.

First off, I wanna say that I was moved to tears during the whole show. It was nothing short of spectacular. I shall review each movement below (spoilers)

Overture
A very strong beginning to an amazing show. This movement features songs from various Zeldas including Ocarina, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and more. But this is just the appetizer song!

Gerudo Valley
It's very similar to previous versions including the Skyward Sword CD, but it's still freaking awesome. I did notice that whoever played the games for the footage is absolutely terrible at the games.

Boss Battle Medley
Here you are, facing a mighty foe or monster, sword ready in hand. In the background, an amazing medley of various boss songs including Molgera, Fyrus, Fraaz, and the OoT Minibosses. You ready your sword for that loud introduction against these tough monsters. In other words, it was awesome.

Majora's Mask Suite
The new medley from what I understand. This medley is accompanied by footage from the upcoming Majora's Mask 3D. It features Prelude, Clock Town, The End of the World, and Majora's Mask (among others). The medley is really cool since it starts soft, goes to Clock Town, then slowly becomes more ominous as the moon crashes on Termina. It gave me goosebumps and I freaking loved it

Link Between Worlds
A medley featuring Hyrule and Lorule Castle. Honestly, I was quite disappointed since Hyrule Castle is played later again, but BUT BUUUT the Lorule Castle part was amazing and included the gradual forte of the original as each verse is played. Overall the most disappointing piece, but that won't ruin the rest of the show.

Now it's time for the meat, the SYMPHONY!

Prelude - the Creation of Hyrule
The creation song from OoT accompanies the story of how the goddesses descended upon Hyrule and created it. This was an amazing introduction to what follows.

Movement I: Ocarina of Time
Features Hyrule Field, Title Screen, Lost Woods, Ganondorf and Ganon battles, and more. If you grew up with Ocarina, this movement will bring tears of nostalgia to your eyes. What more needs to be said? It's Ocarina of Time!

Movement II: Wind Waker
My second favorite among the four. This movement is similar to the one in the Skyward Sword CD and includes Outset Island, the Ocean, Pirates, Hyrule, and Ganondorf Battle. Like Ocarina, this medley tells you a story of a lad who bravely fought his way to save his sister. He joined a pirate crew, sailed the oceans, found hidden secrets, and finally faced his mighty foe. If you heard the CD version, you pretty much know what to expect, but it's still amazing!

Break time! Restrooms are full (pro-tip: show up early and use it before the concert)

Intermezzo - Great Fairy's Fountain
Similar to the Skyward Sword CD version. It's even better live. You shall be healed by the melody of this piece, from the harps to the woodwinds and finally the orchestra. You will feel fully regenerated and ready for more after this piece.

Movement III - Twilight Princess
Similar to the medley on the Skyward Sword CD. Features Hyrule Field, Light Spirits, Zelda, Midna, and Ganondorf themes (and more). Your home is taken over by an evil aura known as Twilight. You explore the world to solve the mystery of this twilight, only to find a dangerous familiar foe behind it all. You will be aided by the amazing medley played here.

Movement IV - Time of the Falling Rain (Link to the Past)
My favorite of the four symphonies by far. This movement is probably the greatest piece played...well, maybe... Anyway, this medley features The Rain, Hyrule Castle (the better version in my opinion), Princess Zelda, Sanctuary, Boss Battle (Hell yeah), Dark World (the best part), Ganon, and End Credits. The princess has been kidnapped (again). Save her Link! Oh why bother, everyone knows this story. Everyone knows the music and everyone will have goosebumps from this medley!

Finale - It's almost over! Time for the super loud and powerful main Zelda theme! What an ending...or is it the end?!

It's over. The show is done. Time for a standing ovation...until the producer comes out and asks if we want more! We said "HELL YEAH!" and we got more. So it's time for the...

ENCORE!!! (Songs in spoilers too)

Majora's Mask Medley 2 - I think this is the one played last season. It features Clock Town, Deku Palace, Song of Healing, Termina Field, etc. This is actually better than the one before. Once again, you get treated to footage of Majora's Mask 3D as you are mesmerized by the music of Termina as the citizens prepare for the worst. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda, so I love this extra emphasis on the game!

Dragon Roost Island - The best piece of the show because Dragon Roost Island is one of my favorite Zelda songs of all time. I cried during this piece because it is so whimsical, beautiful and epic all at the same time.

Theme of the Goddess and Fi's Theme- What's a Zelda concert without the latest console game (not counting WW HD)? The piece starts with the familiar harp of the Goddess and brings you back to the reveal of Skyward Sword in 2009/10. Then it ends with the sad theme of a goodbye of one of the most hated allies of all time...but the song is still sad nonetheless! And that's the show!

I loved every part of the show and do not regret the trip. My only real complaint was the lack of Link's Awakening, which is also one of my favorite Zeldas. But hell, the show was still amazing and the Nashville Symphony Orchestra did not miss a beat during the performance! Hope you all enjoy the show as much as I did.

Oh, and there will be t-shirts and posters for MM3D at the shop, so bring your money with you!

Also, I got around 40+ streetpasses, so this is a good time to bring your 3DS.

Edited on by LzWinky

LzWinky

Majora's Mask 3D was also advertised of course. The poster is the box art

And yes, I had a great time. I freaking loved Zelda music for 15+ years, so this was Christmas for me.

Ralizah

Went to tonight's showing. It was amazing! LOVED the presentation, and how the music and video combine to form an engaging and coherent narrative. The highlight of the event for me was probably the amazing rendition of the Great Fairy's Fountain, but it was also pretty cool seeing so much footage of the re-done Majora's Mask on the big screen.

Also, HD Zelda is gorgeous on a giant screen. Wind Waker HD videos were pure eye-candy.

Edited on by Ralizah

ITAFTRS

Whoawhoawhoa, wait!! This stuff is coming to Stockholm? Geez, I have to order tickets. Hmm, my sister works at the Ericsson Globe, maybe I can get them for free:D

ITAFTRS

LzWinky

Do it. It's worth it

LzWinky

Nope. It was just Hyrule and Lorule Castle

LzWinky

You can read the spoilers. I mentioned some of the songs played in the medleys as well as my thoughts on them. Spoiler alert: The LBW was the biggest letdown. The others were amazing

Finntendo

Going to Stockholm! Woohoo! o/

For yrs I've started to listen to gaming music. It's just whole new world. Almost cds in my car are gaming music (and some metal bands )

Finntendo

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7008-9687 | Nintendo Network ID: Kumiangsu

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.