General Discussion Forum

Topic: "Zelda: Ocarina of Time the best game ever "

Showing 1 to 20 of 56

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Thunderbird

1. Posted:

I heard so many good things about this game and it is often called the best game ever so I decided to buy this game for my 3DS XL. I just got in the Water Temple. So far this game has been great but the best game ever?... No.... Not even close. It can't be and here's why. Bosses are lame and pretty easy, so slow to go to different places, owl is so annoying, dungeon items are meh, overworld is bland, very confusing sometimes (you have to drop bombs in skull's eyes in 2nd dungeon, you have to drop a fish in front of Jabu Jabu, you have to play a song for a waterfall or a door etc.). If it really was the best game it would not have so many flaws. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is a much better game. That should be considered the best game ever.

Thunderbird

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

2. Posted:

Seems to be a little nit-picky, but you are right. It's not the best game ever. Top 100 games ever maybe, but not top.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beevdog

3. Posted:

You have to remember that when Orcarina was released it was 1998 so your comparing it with a modern game. If you didn't grow up with the game then you cannot enjoy it to it's full potential. This Final Fantasy 7 or The Last Of Us are my greatest games of all time.

Beevdog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

4. Posted:

It is because of fans like you, that we will never see a better Zelda game, because Nintendo can just remake OoT, and everyone will be fine with that.

I don't know about you, but I like today gen games, their better then those cheaply made, low polygon,and ugly mess that cavemen once called video games.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

5. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

It is because of fans like you, that we will never see a better Zelda game, because Nintendo can just remake OoT, and everyone will be fine with that.

I don't know about you, but I like today gen games, their better then those cheaply made, low polygon,and ugly mess that cavemen once called video games.

Enjoy your Madden then

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

6. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

It is because of fans like you, that we will never see a better Zelda game, because Nintendo can just remake OoT, and everyone will be fine with that.

I don't know about you, but I like today gen games, their better then those cheaply made, low polygon,and ugly mess that cavemen once called video games.

Pulls out Link's Awakening and COD Black Ops II I like my Zelda more!

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

7. Posted:

well ocarina of time is cool but I probably wouldn't buy it a second time, at least not while my ocarina of time 3D is still working(and the saved game is safe). it is pretty good compared to many games of the same genre of nowadays.is it the best game ever? no.
is it an awesome game worth buying for the first time or even a second if you didn't play the master quest mode from 3DS version? YES it is!
also you should compare games to others from the same console/gen because their flaws are mostly the same and caused by the limitations/demand of that time.

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SomeBitTripFan

8. Posted:

I agree Ocarina of Time has problems, but for it's time, it probably was the best game ever. As games age, their flaws become more apparent. Ocarina of Time has aged well considering how old it is, so in its Prime more than likely it was as good as it got. Now it holds the title of "best game ever" because of nostalgia. Personally, I don't think Chrono Trigger is that good of a game, but it's still called the greatest RPG to ever exist. When I played it two or so years ago, I found it to be boring, but I bet if I had played it when it first came out, I would have found it stellar. Also, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door has a ton of problems itself, unless you honestly enjoyed running between Twilight Town and Creepy Steeple until your shoes were dust, reading "I love you" one hundred times, going on pointless fetch quests, scrolling through ludicrous amounts of text, having to check every nook and cranny of the world, chasing Sargent White around the world and back, and backtracking through entire areas lacking in fun obstacles.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

9. Posted:

For some reason, I always automatically think that the games that truly deserve the title of best games ever are Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy VII, even though what you consider as the best differs.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV) and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beevdog

10. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

It is because of fans like you, that we will never see a better Zelda game, because Nintendo can just remake OoT, and everyone will be fine with that.

I don't know about you, but I like today gen games, their better then those cheaply made, low polygon,and ugly mess that cavemen once called video games.

Enjoy your Madden then

Indeed, you have to appreciate the classics just as much as the modern games. I get a proper buzz off modern games but I'm forever replaying classics such as Orcarina of Time :-)

Beevdog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Klimbatize

11. Posted:

I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

12. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

For some reason, I always automatically think that the games that truly deserve the title of best games ever are Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy VII, even though what you consider as the best differs.

swordx

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

13. Posted:

I love that the OP is giving his opinion on whether Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time, and folks are telling him he shouldn't compare it to modern games.

...so "the best game of all time" cannot be compared to anything that came out in any other year?

Brilliant.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

14. Posted:

@Philip_J_Reed when you put it that way you're right! but most of the people who said to not compare to modern games are also saying it's not the best that it is just a great and memorable one.....

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ootfan98

15. Posted:

It does have alot to do with nostalgia, but you also have to consider how does a game impact the industry at time of release. Ocarina was revolutionary at time of release, totally changing the way games are made (my opinion, don't shoot). 1 example of my point is 'Z Targeting'.
Sure there are many games that have bettered Ocarina, but are they considered revolutionary at their time of release ?

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beevdog

16. Posted:

Ootfan98 wrote:

It does have alot to do with nostalgia, but you also have to consider how does a game impact the industry at time of release. Ocarina was revolutionary at time of release, totally changing the way games are made (my opinion, don't shoot). 1 example of my point is 'Z Targeting'.
Sure there are many games that have bettered Ocarina, but are they considered revolutionary at their time of release ?

Spot on!!!!!

Beevdog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

17. Posted:

You silly, silly peoples, Majora's Mask is the best game ever, for it improves upon OoT's formula in every way, and it's Majora's flipping Mask so all your arguments are invalid. Plus, my opinion is fact.

Klimbatize wrote:

I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

Donkey kong sux. ;)

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

18. Posted:

I've never played the original OoT, but I have played the 3DS version. Honestly it's one of the least enjoyable Zelda games I've played - and to this date its the only one that I stopped playing due to boredom (Yup - still haven't finished it). It's a good game, but its got far too many flaws to be named anything close to the greatest game of all time imo. I'm sure the vast open lands were impressive back then, but playing for the first time on the 3DS and having to walk for 5 minutes over a long field containing close to nothing to do in it is just dull.

I also find it funny that fans of the game complain about the Sheikah Stones existing when the game itself requires an owl to tell you everything along the way regardless. It's not exactly like this game conveys your mission clearly.

Just because a game was revolutionary for its time doesn't mean newer games didn't vastly improve over them. Dragon Quest 1 was one of the (if not *the) most revolutionary games for the RPG genre back in the day. Does it mean its the best RPG of all time? God no.

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

I love that the OP is giving his opinion on whether Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time, and folks are telling him he shouldn't compare it to modern games.

...so "the best game of all time" cannot be compared to anything that came out in any other year?

Brilliant.

Lol. Well said.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

19. Posted:

Do people need air to breathe?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

20. Posted:

in an indirectly related note: PM:TTYD is one of my favorite games!!!! it was a really amazing game! the only part I disliked was that punies chapter it felt boring to me. and the glitz pit was my favorite chapter(I always love those championship challenge levels)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF