General Discussion Forum

Topic: Your most hated modern music band or singer??

Showing 141 to 154 of 154

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

141. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

I am going to school for music. I know what makes a musician.

what makes a musician? do they teach you that rappers and producers are not musicians?

NO. they don't. Stop trying to make this an argument. You conveniently left out the rest of my quote. All I'm saying is that I know about music. I'm not narrow minded. I also know that opinions are opinions, and I accept that people may not like my music. Just accept that I hate rap. And you have no way of knowing whether or not I hate ALL rap. No matter how much "good" rap you throw at me, it's not going to change my opinion. Music is subjective. Your opinion that there is good rap out there does not make my opinion wrong.

grensworth...dude, you cant go onto a board and post stuff like:

"How can I call out a whole genre like that?!
Because I've not heard a single sliver of anything that would cause me to even accept rap as actual "music", let alone being able to stand listening to rap"

"The genre of rap, and any almost any artist therein. When I listen to rap I feel like my ears, mind and mentality are being beaten senseless by a group of crazed, angry, rabid animals"

"There's some rap out there that's not as bad as others, but in general, it's all pretty bad."

and not expect an argument. this is a rugged thread and if you can't take the heat than you shouldn't go out and bag on a whole genre of music like that. i don't think i have taken any personal jabs at you and i was only asking about your music school cause you brought it up. also come one dude, this is all in good fun, i don't hate you or think your stupid or anything....but this is the "your most hated modern music band or singer thread"...if people are not allowed to defend the things that people are ripping on than this thread should be locked cause that's not fair. i hope you understand what i mean...

Bravo UntitledUntitledUntitled

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

Stevie

142. Posted:

I'm not keen on Bob the Builders songs, poor lyrical content and I'm sure he doesn't write them himself.

This is good

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

143. Posted:

God, this rap argument is really starting to heat. I never have cared for rap or hip-hop.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

144. Posted:

i'm tired of defending rap. can i just talk country with you cheetahman? you like old stuff like hank williams, george jones, jim reeves, roy acuff and patsy cline?

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

145. Posted:

@DjPhatskillz: Sure. What do you think about country music these days anyway?

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

146. Posted:

Errr........ this is the most hated thread dudes. All music is s**t. Silence is vastly under-rated, that kinda thing :P

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

147. Posted:

@cheetahman91 the only country i listen to from the last few years is hank williams the III and slim cessna's auto club. but as far as all that pop country goes forget about it. i was raised on outlaw country plain and simple. i think people like carrie underwood and all the suits in Nashville or what ever ruined country music.

pretty much sums up how i feel

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

148. Posted:

Amen Djphatskillz! Read post 96 if you want to know my opinion.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

FATEM

149. Posted:

Magi wrote:

ACDC... they can eat poop and die.

oh and Jewel.

I agree wholeheartedly. And mostly because ACDC are played every 5 minutes on every FM station in Australia.
I also don't care for 'The Classics'. IMO if something was made before 1993 there's a good chance it's terrible.

No-one can hear Bohemian Rhapsody without singing along.
DSiWare Friend Codes:
MvsDK:MMA-524212537307 UNO!-3953-7295-2611
Suujin Taisen Number Battles-034586240750 Dragon Quest Wars-0732-4886-6231
Bomberman:Blitz-163443150466

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

150. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

I also forgot about modern country music (2000's). Also WTH is up with this singing about this beach crap (glares at Kenny Chesney). Rascal Flatts has got to be the worst of them all though. God I hate them.

lololololol wth is up with singing about the beach! i'm from california so thats the kinda stuff that's popular with the idiots here. tooo many bros wearing flip flots, swimming trunks, and cowboy hats blaring that soft kenny chesney all the time. barf.

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

151. Posted:

The only place I have to listen to real country anymore is Sirius 61.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

152. Posted:

i just listen to my old records (passed down from my grandfather, a real cowboy r.i.p). occasionally i go to a hank williams III show but thats it. hows sirus 61?

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

153. Posted:

Technically Country music is the most dangerous to listen to of all music genres...it cultivates more inward violence than any other genre.

But Swerd, what about rap?
key word = inward violence--rap may make you wanna go out and beat somebody's ass, but it's never gonna depress you into wanting to off yourself.

Regardless, there's some surprisingly legit guitar playing in country music...I don't think I ever took the time to appreciate the actual music played during country music--it's quite good in a lot of cases. I went searching for crap (so I could bash on it :) ) and ended up learning a thing or two about prejudging genres.

Some people posting on this topic could learn from my experience :D

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

154. Posted:

@dj: It's doing great, but I've noticed some modern country is slowly starting to creep in. :)

@swerd: Agreed. My favorite country guitar player is Jeff Cook.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.