General Discussion Forum

Topic: Your most hated modern music band or singer??

Showing 121 to 140 of 154

AuthorMessage

FATEM

121. Posted:

The+Fox wrote:

FATEM wrote:

Sorry to all americans in this thread but you are the leading exporter of terrible music.

America is also the leading exporter in awesome music so it all balances out.

To be honest Iceland wins simply because of Sigur Ros. But if we're going by more than band then England wins.

No-one can hear Bohemian Rhapsody without singing along.
DSiWare Friend Codes:
MvsDK:MMA-524212537307 UNO!-3953-7295-2611
Suujin Taisen Number Battles-034586240750 Dragon Quest Wars-0732-4886-6231
Bomberman:Blitz-163443150466

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

122. Posted:

FATEM wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

FATEM wrote:

Sorry to all americans in this thread but you are the leading exporter of terrible music.

America is also the leading exporter in awesome music so it all balances out.

To be honest Iceland wins simply because of Sigur Ros. But if we're going by more than band then England wins.

Nah, it's still America. England has been a close second for many points in modern musical history, though (and maybe the winner during the 60's).

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Stevie

123. Posted:

I am not trying to start a England vs America - who has produced the greatest musicians war, but it amazes me for how small a population the UK has compared to America, the influential artists our small isles has produced - The Beatles, The Jam, The Who, The Clash, The Kinks, Sex Pistols, Rolling Stones,Pink Floyd, Ozzy Osbourne, Radiohead, Oasis, David Bowie etc. etc.

This is good

AuthorMessage

Magi

124. Posted:

ACDC... they can eat poop and die.

oh and Jewel.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

125. Posted:

America is better, we have country music. ;)

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

126. Posted:

The only country worth listening to is Jonny Cash. That's my two cents.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

127. Posted:

I never have cared for Johnny Cash.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

128. Posted:

Are CCR classed as Country (don't do pigeonholes myself) If so then I like country ,they rock. 'Dude,Dude,Dude hangin out my back door.........' :) i'm not keen on a lot of music coming out of the USA at the moment but they have done a lot for music, The whole jazz thing started there, the blues, Rock and Roll (though when we (UK) got hold of R&R we just made it better :D),Hip Hop ,a lot of cool bands too like Nirvana,beck,REM,Grandaddy the list goes on.Gotta agree with Stevie though due to the UK's smaller size we win hands down, we have had some truly amazing stuff come from this country and we are still going strong especially with our electronica,D&B even our Hip Hop is now better than the stuff comin from USA. Sorry guys were just waaaay cooler :D

EDIT: Sorry .I've just realised that this is the most hated thread.Gotta bit carried away there and ended up listing loads of stuff I do like.Well I'm not deleting it now took to long to write :D It was kinda related to the discussion. Soooo anyway ON-TOPIC- I HATE CHER .there....thats better

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

129. Posted:

CCR is rock, NOT country. America still has better music though.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

130. Posted:

Luigi78 wrote:

even our Hip Hop is now better than the stuff comin from USA

sorry luigi78, buut

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

131. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

Luigi78 wrote:

even our Hip Hop is now better than the stuff comin from USA

sorry luigi78, buut

Meh, I win ...... :D Play it LOUD!!! ;)

Edited on by OldBoy

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

132. Posted:

NO FAIR luigi. that track is from 2001...

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

133. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

I am going to school for music. I know what makes a musician.

what makes a musician? do they teach you that rappers and producers are not musicians?

NO. they don't. Stop trying to make this an argument. You conveniently left out the rest of my quote. All I'm saying is that I know about music. I'm not narrow minded. I also know that opinions are opinions, and I accept that people may not like my music. Just accept that I hate rap. And you have no way of knowing whether or not I hate ALL rap. No matter how much "good" rap you throw at me, it's not going to change my opinion. Music is subjective. Your opinion that there is good rap out there does not make my opinion wrong.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

134. Posted:

@DJphatty Yeah sorry :D .Ace tune and vid though no? I'll post summat in a bit, kay? (we really should do this in 'your favorite band thread' :D)

Edited on by OldBoy

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

135. Posted:

No, I WIN. This song is better than all the UK music ever made combined!

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

136. Posted:

@cheetahman91
Were back to most hated right???? God that was bad .Nice... more music to hate :D

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

137. Posted:

@luigi78:You're the only other person that apparently hates Alabama. But you British people will never understand.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

138. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

@luigi78:You're the only other person that apparently hates Alabama. But you British people will never understand.

I bet I'm not. And we understand just fine thanks ;) :P

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

139. Posted:

grenworthshero wrote:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

I am going to school for music. I know what makes a musician.

what makes a musician? do they teach you that rappers and producers are not musicians?

NO. they don't. Stop trying to make this an argument. You conveniently left out the rest of my quote. All I'm saying is that I know about music. I'm not narrow minded. I also know that opinions are opinions, and I accept that people may not like my music. Just accept that I hate rap. And you have no way of knowing whether or not I hate ALL rap. No matter how much "good" rap you throw at me, it's not going to change my opinion. Music is subjective. Your opinion that there is good rap out there does not make my opinion wrong.

grensworth...dude, you cant go onto a board and post stuff like:

"How can I call out a whole genre like that?!
Because I've not heard a single sliver of anything that would cause me to even accept rap as actual "music", let alone being able to stand listening to rap"

"The genre of rap, and any almost any artist therein. When I listen to rap I feel like my ears, mind and mentality are being beaten senseless by a group of crazed, angry, rabid animals"

"There's some rap out there that's not as bad as others, but in general, it's all pretty bad."

and not expect an argument. this is a rugged thread and if you can't take the heat than you shouldn't go out and bag on a whole genre of music like that. i don't think i have taken any personal jabs at you and i was only asking about your music school cause you brought it up. also come one dude, this is all in good fun, i don't hate you or think your stupid or anything....but this is the "your most hated modern music band or singer thread"...if people are not allowed to defend the things that people are ripping on than this thread should be locked cause that's not fair. i hope you understand what i mean...

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

140. Posted:

Luigi78 wrote:

@DJphatty Yeah sorry :D .Ace tune and vid though no? I'll post summat in a bit, kay? (we really should do this in 'your favorite band thread' :D)

roots rules plain and simple. and i agree: i will see you in the supper posi happy music threads

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!