General Discussion Forum

Topic: Your most hated modern music band or singer??

Showing 101 to 120 of 154

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

101. Posted:

grenworthshero wrote:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

How can I call out a whole genre like that?!
Because I've not heard a single sliver of anything that would cause me to even accept rap as actual "music", let alone being able to stand listening to rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgkiqXwK-8Y

so this is not actual music to you?

That is hiphop, not rap.

what are you talking about, man? rap is hip hop. hip hop is just the culture involving rap, dancing, graf, fashion, etc etc. de la soul are rappers, 50 cent is a rapper. wu tang clan is a group of rappers.....eminem is a rapper. what de la soul is doing is not called "hip hopping" its called rapping and they are some of the best. rap is a style of music that has been around since the 70s with so many sub genres and styles that for one to say is all "crap" is totally ignorant. i dont think that is what your trying to do though, honestly what i think all you and all my nintendo life homies bashing on rap mean to say is "i dont like modern top 40 rap (like lil wayne, t.i., jay-z)" which is fine and totally understandable.... but for some one to say all rap music sucks is like some one saying all rock music(or insert another stupid blanket generalizing genre name) sucks...it just is ignorant plane and simple. but also at the same time i feel like people should do/say/think what they want, so if someone out their honestly thinks they hate all rap ever made in the last 30 or 40 years of the scene....than good for you, i admire your ability to hate :)

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

102. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

How can I call out a whole genre like that?!
Because I've not heard a single sliver of anything that would cause me to even accept rap as actual "music", let alone being able to stand listening to rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgkiqXwK-8Y

so this is not actual music to you?

That is hiphop, not rap.

what are you talking about, man? rap is hip hop. hip hop is just the culture involving rap, dancing, graf, fashion, etc etc. de la soul are rappers, 50 cent is a rapper. wu tang clan is a group of rappers.....eminem is a rapper. what de la soul is doing is not called "hip hopping" its called rapping and they are some of the best. rap is a style of music that has been around since the 70s with so many sub genres and styles that for one to say is all "crap" is totally ignorant. i dont think that is what your trying to do though, honestly what i think all you and all my nintendo life homies bashing on rap mean to say is "i dont like modern top 40 rap (like lil wayne, t.i., jay-z)" which is fine and totally understandable.... but for some one to say all rap music sucks is like some one saying all rock music(or insert another stupid blanket generalizing genre name) sucks...it just is ignorant plane and simple. but also at the same time i feel like people should do/say/think what they want, so if someone out their honestly thinks they hate all rap ever made in the last 30 or 40 years of the scene....than good for you, i admire your ability to hate :)

Well said. applause :)

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

103. Posted:

seconded. Good rap is exactly that--good. My biggest issue is that there seems to be such a saturation of the market with the bad/generic...but there are few things better than good, good rap.

As an electronic artist myself, I appreciate rap on a lot of levels. Aside from beats being a bit of a yawn (again, much more a Top 40-itis than an all-of-rap-itis) it's very sound, rhythmic music (the use of the human voice as a repeated hitting percussion instrument of sorts, in addition to rhyming on so many levels, I'll never fully understand.)

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Paperclip

104. Posted:

I'm not defending rap (I don't like it), but it annoys me when some states that a certain band, or genre of music is 'bad'. They state it like it's a fact. Musical taste varies greatly between each person. Just because you hate it, doesn't mean someone else doesn't love it. So next time you post about what music you like/ don't like, remember that.

.... or just put an "i" before you say it.

Check out my classy comics.

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

105. Posted:

I'll never like rap even after that good argument.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Infernape1000

106. Posted:

Jonas Brothers, they suck bananas!

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

AuthorMessage

MetalMario

107. Posted:

Jonas Brothers.

They are incredibly gay.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

108. Posted:

I once saw a username on Youtube that said JonasBrothersMustDie. That just goes to show how much people hate the Jonas Bros.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

MetalMario

109. Posted:

Yep. And Miley Cyrus. Hate her.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage

King_Elemento

110. Posted:

We Are Golden by Mika is one of the most annoying songs ever written.
Therefore, Mika is who I hate right now, despite some of his earlier stuff being decent.
(Yes, that one song made me hate him, so what?)

Edited on by King_Elemento

Wii: 0586-8683-7141-4552
MKWii: 4940-9518-0566
SSBB: 4897-8741-8094

AuthorMessage

New_Age_Retro_Hippie

111. Posted:

Who cares? Most people do it for fun.

And don't bash a genre. I've heard great rap, great country, etc. Anyone who bashes an entire genre is the worst kind of music "fan".

New_Age_Retro_Hippie

AuthorMessage

dizzy_boy

112. Posted:

well mark me up as one of the worst kind of music fans then. as i previously said, i dislike country music. i also am not a fan of punk, classical music, or anything in the charts.
for specific artists though, i think akon is definitly another one of those that seems to be on quite a few records recently, along with his friends, n dubs.

Edited on by dizzy_boy

http://www.gamercreated.com/user/id/17078
http://www.youtube.com/plotyourdownfall
NNID: Dr_Dizzy
i`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

113. Posted:

Oh yeah. I forgot about Christmas music. I hate Christmas music. Seriously, just stop. I'm tired of turning on the radio sometime in late November and never hearing anything but Christmas music on every station until after January. Music is subjective. Just because I hate rap, doesn't mean I am narrow minded. I am going to school for music. I know what makes a musician. Rap is just not my thing. There's some rap out there that's not as bad as others, but in general, it's all pretty bad.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

Terra

114. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

Train makes me want to blow up the speakers it's coming out of. That's the only one that comes to my head at this time, but I'm sure there are more, like Brittany Spears and all that garbage, but that needn't be spoke of.

I never thought I'd see Train mentioned. I pesonally think they're great, loved their songs "Calling All Angels" and "Drops of Jupiter" in particular

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

115. Posted:

Terranigma wrote:

y2josh wrote:

Train makes me want to blow up the speakers it's coming out of. That's the only one that comes to my head at this time, but I'm sure there are more, like Brittany Spears and all that garbage, but that needn't be spoke of.

I never thought I'd see Train mentioned. I pesonally think they're great, loved their songs "Calling All Angels" and "Drops of Jupiter" in particular

I remember hating Drops of Jupiter when it came out. Calling All Angels was alright, but I still don't like Drops of Jupiter (in her heh-eh-eh-eh-air.) That song is so annoying.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

FATEM

116. Posted:

Sorry to all americans in this thread but you are the leading exporter of terrible music. Admittedly Australia has made it's fair share of cr*p (Can't think of any at the moment but I'm sure they're there) but America.....
There is too much sh*t to mention in modern music (Although Indie and Aus Hip-Hop are still going strong) but the main offenders would have to be all stuff from Disney, 'Gangsta' Rap, Country and Pop.
EDIT: Also Emo music. I know you should bash an entire genre but when bands start calling themselves Emo it's a warning sign that says this song contains extremely repetitive and cliched lyrics about "Webs of Lies" and "Broken Hearts".

Edited on by FATEM

No-one can hear Bohemian Rhapsody without singing along.
DSiWare Friend Codes:
MvsDK:MMA-524212537307 UNO!-3953-7295-2611
Suujin Taisen Number Battles-034586240750 Dragon Quest Wars-0732-4886-6231
Bomberman:Blitz-163443150466

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

117. Posted:

FATEM wrote:

Sorry to all americans in this thread but you are the leading exporter of terrible music.

America is also the leading exporter in awesome music so it all balances out.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Terra

118. Posted:

grenworthshero wrote:

Terranigma wrote:

y2josh wrote:

I remember hating Drops of Jupiter when it came out. Calling All Angels was alright, but I still don't like Drops of Jupiter (in her heh-eh-eh-eh-air.) That song is so annoying.

I should have phrased that better. I don't love the songs, I like them a lot. Oh, and that bit in Drops of Jupiter didn't actually bother me that much. Yeah it can be quite annoying but I've heard a lot worse stuff before.

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Metang

119. Posted:

The Jonas Brothers suck ass. They are the most overrated band in the entire modern music industry, I don't see how you could like their music. Pure garbage.

I also loathe Brittany Spears, along with most rap. I like some rap (Eminem comes to mind. shot) but all around, it's pretty crappy.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.123.omega.0@gmail.com

AuthorMessage

DjPhatskillz

120. Posted:

grenworthshero wrote:

I am going to school for music. I know what makes a musician.

what makes a musician? do they teach you that rappers and producers are not musicians?

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!