Forums

Topic: Your favorite Nintendo Life user?

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 3,363

Spoony_Tech

It is of my opinion that everyone should like Paper Mario Sticker Star, and if you don't you are wrong!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

@CanisWolfred well, that was actually better explained and shorter than me. but it is the gist of what I meant to say and of course it is true that most of us are smart enough to discern the difference but sometimes things get lost in translation in the more heated discussions and a more subtle approach would be better in such cases, as you explained. But indeed, at the end of the day it is just games that we're talking about...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Klimbatize

@TheRealThanos You kind of backed up my point. If someone says MarioKart 8 sucks, obviously that's an opinion and adding "I think" at the front is redundant. Getting annoyed by someone not including "IMO" in that type of statement is sillier than the statement itself because of how obviously subjective it is.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

ThanosReXXX

@Klimbatize You got a point there, so maybe a game isn't the right example to use, but I'm sure you've also read some of the heavier topics such as the woes of Nintendo's developers or board of directors and then there's always people that KNOW what Nintendo should do to safe the day (which is of course ridiculous, to say the least) and there are probably more relevant examples. but it's quite late over here in Europe right now, so that is the only example I could come up with off the top of my head. And also, like I said in my original post, we all don't have to agree with each other all the time, or even most of the time, just as long as we keep it civil. A good discussion can even sharpen the mind, depending on the topic...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

CanisWolfred

@Klimbatize - But it makes you sound more assertive of your opinion, which can easily illicit an equally assertive response. Watching what you say is very important, and there's a lot of subtlety that goes into dicussion, even text discussion where there's no tone - in fact, the absence of vocal tone forces the reader to imply tone, thus making your wording even more important. I actually learned this in school, so...yeah, not really "IMO"...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ThanosReXXX

@CanisWolfred And then indeed there is the interpretation bit. Forgot about that one. Not knowing the other person so not knowing the intent of the message could potentially lead to some interesting/annoying/confusing exchange of comments...

Klimbatize

There is nothing wrong with being assertive. Do you mean aggressive?

Assertiveness is sorely lacking in most aspects of society.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

rjejr

@TheRealThanos

If that picture was the Missus don't think I'ld spend nearly as much time on here She's apparently a famous japanese entertainer, not sure if she's an actress, singer or comedienne, just know she was great in those SM3DW commercials.

And you certainly have the name recognition and the level headedness, I know we've disagreed on several points in the past, as well as agreed on others, but you've always been amicable, though to be honest I'm not sure if your name would jump to the front of the line as it doesn't seem like you are on here as much as some of the others, you must be fortunate and have one of those things I've heard referred to as "a life".

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

2Sang

@walkietalkieman probably. but I used to like @Johnredcorn who I don't see anymore but he probably got banned.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Yoshi

Klimbatize wrote:

If someone writes "Donkey Kong is the best game ever" instead of "I /think/ Donkey Kong is the best game ever", I can figure out it's an opinion. That goes with all subjective statements. I actually find it funny when people write "in my opinion" or "I think" several times when making a point. Like, we know it's your opinion...just spit it out already.

It's actually a good tactic to state opinions as confidently as if they are facts; it's more persuasive that way. If someone is bothered or offended by that practice, that's silly...

..imho

THIS. As someone who was in speech and debate through high school, this was the statement that was always hammered into us, and I do the same thing now. It gives your statement more impact and makes you look confident. It also gives added benefits of being succinct and laconic, which are essential tools when delivering a timed speech.

I should stop being geeky now.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

ThanosReXXX

@rjejr I knew it wasn't your missus, hence the smiley. And the reason that you don't see me popping up everywhere is because I don't comment on every article. I am on the site almost every day though, but not all topics interest me or sometimes I see so much negativity in some article's comments that I don't feel like jumping in, especially when the number of comments is already in the hundreds...
@Klimbatize Now that is something we can agree on. Aggressiveness, ESPECIALLY for no reason, should be permanently outlawed. But I do think that even assertiveness could in some cases come across as aggressiveness, partially due to the interpretation of the reader. If you are used to being direct and the other is used to being more careful in his/her wording, then this could happen. But that is something that @CanisWolfred already explained in more detail.
@brewsky I can also agree to that, to a point. I'm a sales and marketing professional in the IT business, so debate forms are also used in some shape or another to persuade customers and in such cases I wouldn't use a lot of "I think" or "in my opinion" because that won't sway the customer. But it can be used in some occasions to let the customer think that he made the decision all by himself, which is also a very powerful tool to persuade people to buy. But on a game related site I don't feel that I have to put that much pressure on a conversation and I would want to keep the tone a bit lighter so as not to unnecessarily insult someone.
@Shiryu You're welcome. Didn't subscribe to your YouTube channel for nothing. And you were right with your Fifa playthrough by making Germany win, although the number of goals were of course not. But that is always hard to predict.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Kirk

TheRealThanos wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Does anyone else miss @memoryman3?God i miss that troll.But seriously i cant forget about @TheRealThanos that guy is awesome and @Lunapplebloom too!The rest of you guys i hate you all JK, i love you all making the site really awesome and amazing for everyone.

Well thank you very much for the compliment, young sir!
I myself like all the level headed people on NLife, the ones that are okay with a bit of healthy arguing but don't feel the need to overrule others with their so called undeniable logic and wisdom. The intrinsic need to display such traits is actually hard evidence in favor of the complete opposite.
@midnafanboy, you are also quite level headed for one so young, if you don't mind me saying so. (being 44 myself the difference is such that I look at it that way, so no offense intended)

IN GENERAL:
As for nominations... well, going by my list of level headed people, there are actually (and luckily) more of them on NLife than I first thought. Important (for me) is that we don't always have to agree, but being civil/respectful is a big plus in my book and no trying to be the only one that is always right, since nobody's perfect. There's no shame in being wrong sometimes and being able to admit that even makes you a better person as well.
Some special mentions as far as I am concerned should (in no particular order) go to @rjejr, @Einherjar, @Shiryu, @Action51, @SCAR392, @JaxonH, @Rafie, @eaglebob345, @element187, @StarDust4Ever, @Peach64, @Yorumi and @Zombie_Barioth. Most of which I believe to be somewhat older than the average user, but I was also pleasantly surprised to find some young people with their heads screwed on the right way.
My opinion is not only based on things I discussed with them, but also on reading comments of them that I did NOT respond to, because most of these comments show the rationality of those people either way.

I also like to mention two people that in my humble opinion sometimes get way more sh** back from other users than they deserve: @unrandomsam and @Kirk. Sometimes, I as an American, have a feeling that the difference in either culture or perception between British/European and American people is partially the reason why some discussions heat up (way) more than they should but since it is only a feeling I'm not sure. And besides that I cannot use myself as an example to confirm this suspicion because even though I am an American, I've been living in Europe for almost 35 years now, so I'm quite used to the different perspective of Europeans vs how Americans sometimes see things by now.

There are no persons I hate on NLife (or any other site I'm on for that matter), but I do hate how some people behave, some of which is already more or less explained at the beginning of this comment. But the thing that irritates me the most by far, and that is a thing that I've said dozens of times before, is that some people just can't seem to stop stating their opinions as fact, by saying something IS instead of I THINK it is. Either they cannot grasp the simple concept of the difference between the two or they just refuse to because what they feel is (of course) the most important and true. Either way: to me personally it's very, VERY tiresome...

But all in all, still good to be here on NLife and I hope I can enjoy many more interesting discussions with all you guys (and girls) in the years to come.

Some interesting insights there.

I myself don't have a favorite or worst Nintendo Life user because I basically forget who wrote any comments I read and the names of any people I've been talking to or arguing with the second I leave the comments section. I have a very short memory recall for such details.

Kirk

CanisWolfred

Meanwhile, so long as you keep your name and avatar the same, I'd probably recognize you even 3 years since your last post.

And people say I have memory issues...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Rafie

TheRealThanos wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Does anyone else miss @memoryman3?God i miss that troll.But seriously i cant forget about @TheRealThanos that guy is awesome and @Lunapplebloom too!The rest of you guys i hate you all JK, i love you all making the site really awesome and amazing for everyone.

Well thank you very much for the compliment, young sir!
I myself like all the level headed people on NLife, the ones that are okay with a bit of healthy arguing but don't feel the need to overrule others with their so called undeniable logic and wisdom. The intrinsic need to display such traits is actually hard evidence in favor of the complete opposite.
@midnafanboy, you are also quite level headed for one so young, if you don't mind me saying so. (being 44 myself the difference is such that I look at it that way, so no offense intended)

IN GENERAL:
As for nominations... well, going by my list of level headed people, there are actually (and luckily) more of them on NLife than I first thought. Important (for me) is that we don't always have to agree, but being civil/respectful is a big plus in my book and no trying to be the only one that is always right, since nobody's perfect. There's no shame in being wrong sometimes and being able to admit that even makes you a better person as well.
Some special mentions as far as I am concerned should (in no particular order) go to @rjejr, @Einherjar, @Shiryu, @Action51, @SCAR392, @JaxonH, @Rafie, @eaglebob345, @element187, @StarDust4Ever, @Peach64, @Yorumi and @Zombie_Barioth. Most of which I believe to be somewhat older than the average user, but I was also pleasantly surprised to find some young people with their heads screwed on the right way.
My opinion is not only based on things I discussed with them, but also on reading comments of them that I did NOT respond to, because most of these comments show the rationality of those people either way.

I also like to mention two people that in my humble opinion sometimes get way more sh** back from other users than they deserve: @unrandomsam and @Kirk. Sometimes, I as an American, have a feeling that the difference in either culture or perception between British/European and American people is partially the reason why some discussions heat up (way) more than they should but since it is only a feeling I'm not sure. And besides that I cannot use myself as an example to confirm this suspicion because even though I am an American, I've been living in Europe for almost 35 years now, so I'm quite used to the different perspective of Europeans vs how Americans sometimes see things by now.

There are no persons I hate on NLife (or any other site I'm on for that matter), but I do hate how some people behave, some of which is already more or less explained at the beginning of this comment. But the thing that irritates me the most by far, and that is a thing that I've said dozens of times before, is that some people just can't seem to stop stating their opinions as fact, by saying something IS instead of I THINK it is. Either they cannot grasp the simple concept of the difference between the two or they just refuse to because what they feel is (of course) the most important and true. Either way: to me personally it's very, VERY tiresome...

But all in all, still good to be here on NLife and I hope I can enjoy many more interesting discussions with all you guys (and girls) in the years to come.

Awww Gee....Awww Gee......sniff sniff (if you remember the Family Matters episode with Waldo) Man I definitely appreciate the kind words my man. I use to think that people saw me only as some Sony fanboy because I spoke up against Nintendo fans that were saying things that may be misinformed. That also didn't stop me from speaking out against Sony and Microsoft on their b.s. either. I'm just happy that there are some people on this site that actual factual adults and are objective. You sir are most certainly one of them. I felt sorry for the saps that actually had a debate or argument with you. LOL There are quite a few of us on here as some of the ones you mentioned.

Rafie

Nintendo Network ID: RAFIE82

ThanosReXXX

@Rafie Yeah, that's the thing see, like I said before: none of us need to agree all the time, I think that it would really take a lot of flavor out of the conversations. Courtesy or common decency on the other hand is something that is sometimes sorely missing on the internet, especially if someone seems to think that his or her point is the only one that is correct. In the real world you would be able to set them straight one way or another, but being anonymous and practically invisible behind a keyboard gives a lot of people a voice that they otherwise wouldn't have.

I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of what it is, but if you want to have one, also respect the other person's opinion and don't attack or ridicule it.
I know that we too haven't always been in agreement as well, but you still remained decent, so that is a fine example of what I'm talking about and why you're on my list, so it is well deserved and you're welcome.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

JaxonH

@Rafie

Yes Rafie I second that. You're an awesome dude. Always rational, never a fanboy, in it for the love of games. That's what's up right there. Too many people come to fan sites looking to complain- complain about games (or lack thereof), complain about a platform, complain about other happy gamers. You don't have time for all that nonsense, and that's what I like about you. You enjoy playing video games, and come to share in that excitement. That's what being a gamer is all about in my book. Not all this new-age "let's spend more time complaining about what we DON'T like than enjoying what we do" mentality going around nowadays.

Keep on gaming man.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TsunamiSensei

Everyone. You're all great.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.