Forums

Topic: Your favorite Nintendo Life user?

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 3,363

Mickey

Memeboy3 wrote:

@Mickey. He is such a cool and humorous guy!
One day, I will have a fan....

D'aww, thanks! ^_^ For what it's worth, you're one of my favorites too.

Kay, that worked out well. Time to make more accounts to praise myself with.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

SheldonRandoms

Mickey wrote:

Don't forget to praise that @SheldonRandoms fellow, he's a swelltastic fellow, and he's also a fellow............did I mention he's a fellow?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

LyIa

Mickey wrote:

Memeboy3 wrote:

@Mickey. He is such a cool and humorous guy!
One day, I will have a fan....

D'aww, thanks! ^_^ For what it's worth, you're one of my favorites too.

Same here. Though I don't really care how many fans I have. :3

all men are kings 👑

SheldonRandoms

@Cyb3Rnite If i'm the tallest fan you got, then that means i'm your biggest fan! :3

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Spoony_Tech

There sure is a whole lot of self gratitude going on in here.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

R_Champ

Spoony_Tech wrote:

There sure is a whole lot of self gratitude going on in here.

Would it helped if I said you were one of my favorites I'm promise, I'm only marginally gracious towards myself.

It's funny because I also like the guy with the Senosuke avatar. Can't remember his name, but maybe people with Ruroni Kenshin avatars are just cool beans.

I bet if I changed my avatar to a Kenshin one then I'd start thanking myself, too

Edited on by R_Champ

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

ThanosReXXX

midnafanboy wrote:

Does anyone else miss @memoryman3?God i miss that troll.But seriously i cant forget about @TheRealThanos that guy is awesome and @Lunapplebloom too!The rest of you guys i hate you all JK, i love you all making the site really awesome and amazing for everyone.

Well thank you very much for the compliment, young sir!
I myself like all the level headed people on NLife, the ones that are okay with a bit of healthy arguing but don't feel the need to overrule others with their so called undeniable logic and wisdom. The intrinsic need to display such traits is actually hard evidence in favor of the complete opposite.
@midnafanboy, you are also quite level headed for one so young, if you don't mind me saying so. (being 44 myself the difference is such that I look at it that way, so no offense intended)

IN GENERAL:
As for nominations... well, going by my list of level headed people, there are actually (and luckily) more of them on NLife than I first thought. Important (for me) is that we don't always have to agree, but being civil/respectful is a big plus in my book and no trying to be the only one that is always right, since nobody's perfect. There's no shame in being wrong sometimes and being able to admit that even makes you a better person as well.
Some special mentions as far as I am concerned should (in no particular order) go to @rjejr, @Einherjar, @Shiryu, @Action51, @SCAR392, @JaxonH, @Rafie, @eaglebob345, @element187, @StarDust4Ever, @Peach64, @Yorumi and @Zombie_Barioth. Most of which I believe to be somewhat older than the average user, but I was also pleasantly surprised to find some young people with their heads screwed on the right way.
My opinion is not only based on things I discussed with them, but also on reading comments of them that I did NOT respond to, because most of these comments show the rationality of those people either way.

I also like to mention two people that in my humble opinion sometimes get way more sh** back from other users than they deserve: @unrandomsam and @Kirk. Sometimes, I as an American, have a feeling that the difference in either culture or perception between British/European and American people is partially the reason why some discussions heat up (way) more than they should but since it is only a feeling I'm not sure. And besides that I cannot use myself as an example to confirm this suspicion because even though I am an American, I've been living in Europe for almost 35 years now, so I'm quite used to the different perspective of Europeans vs how Americans sometimes see things by now.

There are no persons I hate on NLife (or any other site I'm on for that matter), but I do hate how some people behave, some of which is already more or less explained at the beginning of this comment. But the thing that irritates me the most by far, and that is a thing that I've said dozens of times before, is that some people just can't seem to stop stating their opinions as fact, by saying something IS instead of I THINK it is. Either they cannot grasp the simple concept of the difference between the two or they just refuse to because what they feel is (of course) the most important and true. Either way: to me personally it's very, VERY tiresome...

But all in all, still good to be here on NLife and I hope I can enjoy many more interesting discussions with all you guys (and girls) in the years to come.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

eaglebob345

@TheRealThanos Thanks for the mention. It is an honor to be mentioned among some of the best and brightest here on Nintendo Life. We may not always agree, but we all do our best to promote the Nintendo spirit (if that's a thing) and to keep the peace.

eaglebob345

Einherjar

@TheRealThanos Geeze, dont mention me like that, it makes me blush
Thank you very much though, i feal quite honored And im 25 myself, so im not quite sure if i fall in the "older than the average user" category

Also, i second what you said: I am someone, who really relishes a good argument and discussion. Even a heated one mind you. And i often have quite a different point of view than others around here, why, i dont know
Still, im perfectly fine with being proven wrong or accepting a different oppinion, as long as it isnt just a hate rant.

Though i have to say, i grew quite weary of some people / opinions on here. There were times when i just wanted to quit my account and just leave. The recent E3 streams come to mind. SO many awesome people celebrating a really wonderful event and yet, the chat got constantly overrun by trollposts, haters, naysayers and such. Dont get me wrong, its not the default state on here and its by far not the worst place to be, but there are times, when it just doesnt feel "right" on here.

But there are SO many awesome people around that keep me here, so yeah. Dont force me to pick specific ones Especially since im SO bad with remembering names...

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

JaxonH

@TheRealThanos

Thank you, I do appreciate the kind words. You're pretty level headed yourself. Always a pleasure debating someone who understands how to disagree and still keep it civil, without taking it to a personal level.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

@TheRealThanos Thank you

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

ThanosReXXX

eaglebob345 wrote:

but we all do our best to promote the Nintendo spirit (if that's a thing)

@eaglebob345 Oh it's a thing alright: they don't call it the Nintendo difference just for show...

Einherjar wrote:

And im 25 myself, so im not quite sure if i fall in the "older than the average user" category

@Einherjar Then you're more closer to the category I mentioned since I was thinking about anyone being near thirty years or somewhat older, as I am...
P.S. Never, and I mean NEVER let a weaker or dumber person make you bow down and admit defeat in such a manner that you would quit. Just focus on the upside. Sometimes you need to look a bit harder, but I assure you that it is ALWAYS there. And that goes for life itself too by the way...

JaxonH wrote:

Always a pleasure debating someone who understands how to disagree and still keep it civil, without taking it to a personal level.

@JaxonH You're welcome. Even if no common ground is to be found, all of us should still be able to settle for "agree to disagree" or something without lashing out and making it personal because you can't "win" the argument. It seems to me that being level headed comes with the territory of becoming older and normally speaking also (a bit) wiser. But in my mind I've been like that for most of my life. Then again, I'm not quite objective so maybe I should ask my friends and family for their opinion on that...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Einherjar By the way: congratulations on Germany winning the Fifa World Cup tournament. It was a great goal that they made, although in my humble opinion they should have made a couple more just to put the irritating Argentinians in their place, especially after all the violations not being addressed by the referee.
As for being able to remember some people's names: I follow them because I enjoy reading their comments and I keep all reactions to my own comments in a separate mail account solely for NLife so I can easily look them up and keep tabs on older comments and topics. Quite enjoyable to re-read some of them as well...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

rjejr

@TheRealThanos

Thanks for the inclusion, pretty comprehensive list, I knew most of them right off. BTW if you were swayed by that attractive woman in my photo it isn't me, sorry

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

ThanosReXXX

rjejr wrote:

@TheRealThanos

Thanks for the inclusion, pretty comprehensive list, I knew most of them right off. BTW if you were swayed by that attractive woman in my photo it isn't me, sorry

@rejr I'm curious to know if you would more or less put them in the same category as me since you say you recognize most of them, because the reason could very well be their "level headed-ness".
P.S. didn't think it was you in the pic, and you had a different one before that. And substance over appearance, my friend. And it isn't me in the pic either (doh). If I had to make a second guess: is your picture the missus?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Klimbatize

If someone writes "Donkey Kong is the best game ever" instead of "I /think/ Donkey Kong is the best game ever", I can figure out it's an opinion. That goes with all subjective statements. I actually find it funny when people write "in my opinion" or "I think" several times when making a point. Like, we know it's your opinion...just spit it out already.

It's actually a good tactic to state opinions as confidently as if they are facts; it's more persuasive that way. If someone is bothered or offended by that practice, that's silly...

..imho

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

ThanosReXXX

@Klimbatize it could be, but if someone for example says that Mario Kart 8 is a horrible game while it is selling like hot cakes and getting rave reviews across the board, then somewhere along the line we should be able to agree that it is indeed an individual opinion and maybe following up that conclusion should come the realization that either kart games aren't that person's thing (or at least not anymore) because they like other types of games better now. And there's nothing wrong with that because everyone SHOULD be entitled to his or her opinion, but it is by no means a fact in some cases.
And I forgot to mention that some people also use that dislike as a defense or answer to other people's opinions on why they are right, even when facts are staring them in the face.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

CanisWolfred

@Klimbatize

It depends on the situation, but for the most part I agree. I should hope most of us are able to discern when an opinion is being stated, regardless of whether they're using words like "I think" and "in my opinion". However, I thill think it helps to say them. It lightens what you say and lets people know that all you're doing is stating your opinion, and not trying to persuade them, or shove your opinion down their throat. This isn't business or politics, usually we're just talking about video games and the like. You don't need people to see things your way.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.