Forums

Topic: Your expectations & wishes for E3 2012...

Posts 61 to 80 of 177

Odnetnin

Hopes:

• PS3 price cut to $200/250, bundled with nice Uncharted, PSN+ freebies
  • Wii U is actually amazing in every way (price, launch support, specs, etc.)
  • Runner 2 is coming to 3DS/PC/Wii U or something
  • MGS HD Collection coming to PC/Wii U
  • Super Mario Sunshine 3D sequel launching with Wii U, or 2D sequel coming to 3DS
  • Dates for Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, etc.
  • No Smash Bros. 4 release date (it would most likely be delayed)
  • Some awesome eShop game released within a day of being announced
  • Big 3DS update adding...stuff
  • HL3 announced for PC (just for Xkhaoz)
  • F-STOP announced for PC
  • Whetfart/Whetfahrt (proper spelling currently unknown) Cheeseburger formally announced and revealed, coming to a platform I own/$200 PS3/cheap Wii U

And I think that's it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

shingi_70

Pikmin 3
The last guardian
A non kinect sports

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Radixxs

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Radixxs wrote:

Why not Star Fox Wii U?

Why should it be on the Wii U? There's absolutely no way the game would benefit from that Tablet controller. If it comes out of the Wii with Motion controls, like we should've gotten years ago, I'd be satisfied. I will not tolerate Star Fox skipping the Wii simply for money's sake.

But it would benefit so much. Not only the controls but the hardware could boost a potentially unparallelled rail shooter we've never dreamed of before.

Exactly. Steering would be much more appealing using the Wii U tablet just because of its size, gyroscope, and obvious uses for the touch screen such as game info, dialogue, maps, etc. Not to mention other innovative uses that are unknown, as we hardly know what the controller and system are capable of. The Wii U controller also allows traditional controls using buttons. And with Wii U's potential new online network, it could have awesome online multiplayer. No way would I want Star Fox on the Wii after seeing the Wii U.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

CanisWolfred

The Arwing isn't a car, it's a plane. How are you supposed to steer it with a big lug of a controller like that? Motion controls would make it much easier. S&P2 already proved that with it's flawless control scheme. Rail Shooters are the one Genre I've seen actually benefitting from motion controls, and I don't want to have to go back to tradition controls after that. Also, you shouldn't have to look away from the action to see improtant information during a hectic shooter like Star Fox, and there shouldn't be anything you have to touch, taking your fingers away from the buttons you have to press, either. Nanostray proved that. And what online MP would you need for Star Fox if it's a rail shooter? That'd only be good if it was like Command or Assault, which I didn't think that many people liked or wanted. I suppose there's online co-op, but then you'd get in eachother's way.

All I want out of a new Star Fox game is for it to be a Rail Shooter again, and I only see that being possible on the Wii.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Radixxs

I don't know the specifics of the controller, but I would imagine it wouldn't be too much different motion-control wise than Mario Kart Wii. I'm sure they could add the option to use the WiiMote as well. Star Fox 64 3D had local multiplayer dogfights. With different weapons and ships that could be a game in itself. An online mode like that would certainly add value to the game.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

CanisWolfred

Radixxs wrote:

I don't know the specifics of the controller, but I would imagine it wouldn't be too much different motion-control wise than Mario Kart Wii.

Again, it's not a car. It would have to be tilted around, and the controller just seems to cumbersome for that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

As a 3DS owner I hope to see a release date for Paper Mario* (along with an official title), and Fire Emblem Awakening. Announcement of a sprite based Metroid developed by WayForward. Teaser for new 3DS Zelda. Teaser for SSB4.

From 3rd Parties. FFX3D to be released sometime after HD (a gamer can dream). A new Soulcalibur made for 3DS with Link and/or Pit as guest characters. After playing Tales of the Abyss (and loving it), I'd love to see Tales of Symphonia ported to 3DS as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Linky_97

I realy want too se something from SSB4 and something Zelda based! and i want Pikmin 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

Lunar_Twisted

Ridge Racer 3D sequel, More racing games, more sequels. shooting games and more Resident Evil games for 3DS.

Lunar_Twisted

BenAV

I agree that the Wii's control scheme would probably be best for a new Star Fox game.
I also agree that if a new Star Fox game is made that it should be released on the Wii U, not the Wii.
Luckily for us, we can have both of those things in one, as the Wii U supports Wii controls too.
Why not have a Star Fox game on the more powerful system, with pointer controls as an option?

Also, on topic, I'm hoping we'll see a trailer and some gameplay footage for Pikmin 3, as well as some nice surprises that I'd never have predicted.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

RR529

In addition to my earlier post, I also would love to see Bravely Default and Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS RPGs) get western release dates. With Freakyforms, Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Ketzal's Corridors, and Rolling Western out, Nintendo will announce their next wave of new downloadable IPs.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Torchwood

All I wish for is a bountiful harvest of new 3DS games. So far the 3rd and 1st party support had been great.

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379
Nintendo Network ID- ChameleonCircuit

V8_Ninja
  • I definitely see a planned price cut for the PS Vita, if only it be around the $10-40 mark.
  • I'm also seeing a potential Half-Life 3/Episode 3 announcement seeing as Valve has confirmed their appearance at the show and there's the fact that most of their currently-revealed projects don't need more attention to sell. And I believe Valve knows that E3 is a show about grabbing attention, so what better way than to steal the show with something that will make fans have compulsions (of joy) for several days?
  • Considering that Microsoft has close to no other major projects in the works, they are bound to show Halo 4 and more Kinect games.
  • If the PS4/"Orbis" and the Xbox 720 get revealed, they will NOT advertise the fact that used games will be completely blocked in one way or the other.
  • Nintendo will finally clear up what's been going on with the Wii U and the fact that news about it has completely gone dark.
  • Nintendo will NOT announce any new retail games (besides a Mario title). My logic? They've already got a couple dozen games they're working on and unless they cast a resurrect spell on an old series, we won't see anything unexpected hit store shelves between E3 2012 and E3 2013 (Mario is not unexpected).

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

shingi_70

Hoping to see some major announcmemts from Sony and microsoft on the game side. Seeing as this probably the last year for those systems the calander is looking pretty slim.

All Sony has announced so far are
The last of us
Sly Cooper 4

And microsoft
Forsake uprising
Fable the journey
Halo 4

Its a given most of their main studios and the new 4 Microsoft is building are working on next gen stuff.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

All Sony has announced so far are
The last of us
Sly Cooper 4

And microsoft
Forsake uprising
Fable the journey
Halo 4

maybe they've learned from Nintendo at E3 the past 2 years that people like surprises at E3? I dunno. But you haven't mentioned any games I actually care about (except for Sly Cooper 4, I am never getting an Xbox system again I am getting Playstation they have better games and all the games I care about on 360 get over it indy fans WHY DO I NOT OWN ALL THOSE PLATFORMERS AND TOMBA AND AHHHHH). 3rd parties are kinda important on those consoles.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

What's with that last sentance. Reads like you spazzedout.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

What's with that last sentance. Reads like you spazzedout.

that was the point

...also 2nd to last sentence.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FluxOwl

Paper Mario release date
Monster Hunter 3G US confirmation
Fire Emblem: Awakening US confirmation
Pikmin 3 anything
More high-quality 3DSware games (like Sakura Samurai,Dillon's Rolling Western, etc)
Something fresh and interesting for the 3DS, like a Startropics revival

And just for giggles, plans to put the entire Mother series on VC on 12/22/12.

Currently Playing: Rayman (GBC), The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

paburrows

New Mario, Super Smash Bros, New Zelda, Advance Wars 3DS, Final Fantasy Tactics A3DS Metroid 3DS, Castlevania 3DS, more cool 3DS download releases plus lots more!

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.