Forums

Topic: Your expectations & wishes for E3 2012...

Posts 1 to 20 of 177

LordTendoboy

Let's all guess what Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft will reveal at E3. Discuss your hopes, expectations, and wishful thinking.

Then once E3 is over, we'll see who guessed right.

NINTENDO
Wii U info blowout

• Launch date announced
  • Price revealed
  • Full list of 3rd-party publishers revealed
  • New Super Mario Bros. Mii revealed as a launch title, includes a level editor and online/offline co-op
  • Zelda HD announced, teaser trailer shown; looks very similar to the tech demo from E3 2011
  • Pikmin 3 finally shown as a "launch window" title, Miyamoto plays demo on stage
  • Wave Race announced as a launch title, takes place on Wu-Hu Island, play as your Mii
  • Killer Freaks From Outer Space announced as a launch title, Ubisoft demos the game, Wii U exclusive
  • Dragon Quest X single player game demoed onstage, revealed to be Wii U exclusive
  • Mario Kart HD teaser trailer shown
  • Mii Maker app can be used completely on the tablet controller
  • Transfer Mii's between Wii U and 3DS
  • New IP "Quiz Mii" announced, use your Mii to compete in a series of trivia questions in a game-show format
  • Complete catalogue of WiiWare and Virtual Console games available on the Wii U Shop on day 1
  • Nintendo says you can connect a 3DS to the Wii U as a secondary controller
  • Wii U Shop will have iOS-style apps that can be used on the tablet controller
  • Nintendo reveals concrete plans for Wii U online service
  • Partnership with EA, will use Origin framework
  • Single User ID, linked with Club Nintendo account
  • Friend Codes are "1 per console" (similar to the 3DS)
  • Type in a Friend Code, and the other person receives a "friend request" notification
  • Other person just has to select "Ok," and their friend list will automatically update with the sender's User ID
  • Matchmaking is similar to Xbox Live
  • Games support achievements, called "Accomplishments" (like on the 3DS Mii Plaza)
  • Accomplishments give you a Star Rating (similar to Xbox's Gamerscore and PS3's Trophy Level)
  • Voice chat and video chat using the tablet controller's camera and microphone
  • Wii U minigame compilation announced, not "Wii U Sports"
  • Minigame compilation includes the tech demos that were shown at E3 2011; available only on the Wii U Shop
  • Text chat built into the controller
  • Swapnote and Flipnote Studio are also built into the controller
  • Free drawing app available for download on Wii U Shop
  • Wii U supports all Wii games and accessories (including Balance Board) out of the box
  • No need to install emulator software, the Wii hardware is built into the Wii U console
  • Nintendo Channel is back, and merged with the Wii U Shop
  • Users can rate games, recommend titles to other players, and complete Club Nintendo surveys in the Wii U Shop

3DS takes center stage

• Luigi's Mansion 2 release date
  • Surprise announcement of a new Eternal Darkness, developed by Retro Studios
  • Redesigned 3DS announced, with a second built-in Circle Pad and a slightly wider body; the 3D screen and touch screen are larger
  • New Super Mario Bros. 3D announced, with a level editor and 4-player co-op included
  • Metroid Prime 3D announced, with enhanced controls like gyroscope and/or touchscreen aiming

Super special game reveal for both Wii U and 3DS

• Teaser trailer for next Super Smash Bros., with a short video of Masahiro Sakurai announcing the game

SONY
PS3

• More PS Move games coming, mainly from Sony's 1st-party studios
  • Sorcery given a release date
  • Sports Champions 2 announced, includes the following sports: Bowling, baseball, street hockey, skydiving, curling, golf, jetski racing, dodgeball
  • New Jak and Daxter game revealed, includes PS Move support
  • Resident Evil 6 announced with PS Move aiming controls (very similar to Resident Evil 4 Wii)

PS Vita

• More augmented reality games announced, available only on PlayStation Store
  • Firmware update adds PSone Classics and PS2 Classics support. If the user has PSone/PS2 games on their PS3 already, they can copy these games (and save data) directly to the Vita.
  • Update also adds a YouTube app and Flash support for video streaming, along with Netflix and Hulu
  • New MediEvil and JetMoto games announced for both Vita and PS3, include cross-platform play and save data sharing

Sony finally reveals their "Super Smash Bros." clone

• Playable on both PS Vita and PS3, includes save data sharing
  • Roster includes characters from the following Sony-published games: Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Ratchet & Clank, Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter), Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal), Wander (Shadow of the Colossus), The boy from Sorcery, LocoRoco, Patapon
  • Characters from third-party games: Snake & Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid - Konami), Crash & Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot - Activision), Spyro the Dragon (Activision), Sonic & Tails (Sonic series - Sega)

MICROSOFT
Xbox 360

• More Kinect games incoming
  • Silicon Knights reveals new hack-n-slash IP exclusively for Kinect, playable with Xbox 360 controller
  • Resident Evil 6 announced with exclusive Kinect functionality (voice commands, hand gestures, etc.)
  • Kinect software update announced, brings video & sound recording and editing

Xbox Next console teased

• Basic specs and graphics capabilities shown in teaser trailer
  • Kinect is supported on day 1
  • Features enhanced Metro UI based on Windows 8
  • Microsoft calls it "A true hybrid of game system and media center"
  • Supports all Xbox Live Arcade games and Xbox 360 apps
  • Controller looks like an elongated Xbox 360 controller, like if a PS3 and 360 controller had a baby
  • Controller has a Guide button, 2 analog sticks, a plus-shaped D-pad, colored A/B/X/Y buttons, L & R triggers, L & R bumpers
  • Black & White buttons return, located under the A/B/X/Y buttons
  • Halo 4 revealed as a launch title, story trailer shown
  • New Perfect Dark teased, includes Kinect functionality
  • Crytek's new IP with Microsoft is moved to the new Xbox, gameplay trailer shown
  • Games will be released on both disc and over Xbox Live on the same day
  • Digital versions of games will be slightly cheaper
  • MS vows to still support the 360, will release games on both platforms simultaneously

Ok now it's your turn. It doesn't matter how outlandish your expectations are.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Chrono_Cross

I just want a release date for Animal Crossing 3DS and Wii U details. And I mean details.

I'm stoked though. An HD Nintendo console... What more can you want? D:

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Hokori

I can see Monster Games Making the new F-Zero
Retro doing a StarFox game
and Next Level doing a new Wave Race/1080˚ Game
I hope to see some remakes of 3rd parties not already on Nintendo's console Before, this time I see Dragon Quest 7 for 3DS
I hope to see a 3DS Stafy game.
And if it doesnt happen before E3 id like to see them update to all 649 pokemon in pokedex 3D

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

shingi_70

Wii U revealed we all bask in glorious Dancing.
Nintendo brings the Hardcore Fire
3DS games are shown and nintendo brings it.

Xbox 720 fully revealed for a fall 2012 relase following hype from CES or GDC
Based of WIndows 8 with All games cross platform between the two
Uses Kinect 2.0 makes my dreams come true
Released the Same day as Windows 8 and Windows phone apollo
Halo 4 is Twilight Princess'd
More features like Expanded fios and is able to completely replace Set top boxes.
Tight intergration

Sony
Vita Price cut
PS3 stuff
PSN+ becoming Mandatory for online gaming.
Shows off The Last of us and tries to reason of screwing up the company leads up to this.
The Last Guardian Date is revealed and it will flop. (maybe Vita release)
FFX shown and I buy a vita
Screws up product integration on the non gaming side once again
Ends the week with me going

Untitled

Depending on where I am next Fall ends with me getting either Wii U and a Windows 8 Ultrabook or NExtbox and Windows 8.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

I think you hit the mark with Nintendo. I'm hoping for a few surprises and mostly Golden Sun 3DS

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

zezzy wrote:

Monster Hunter PS3 and FFXV

A person can dream~

You kidding me? Squeenix will announce the next 4 FF games at this rate

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Radixxs

Nintendo will be bought by Apple, because that is the cool thing to say.
Sony will have a snore-fest of a conference, because that's what they do.
Microsoft will have a Netflix-related announcement and more party Kinect games, because they are so hip.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

No. Just no.

I already have PSN Plus, but Sony has always mentioned free online gaming as the main reason PSN is better than Xbox Live.

[...

LordTendoboy

lz20XX wrote:

I think you hit the mark with Nintendo. I'm hoping for a few surprises and mostly Golden Sun 3DS

Who hit the mark with Nintendo? Me or Shingi_70?

[...

shingi_70

tendoboy1984 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

No. Just no.

I already have PSN Plus, but Sony has always mentioned free online gaming as the main reason PSN is better than Xbox Live.

You don't think sony is looking at the killing Microsoft made. If PSN had been montized they would have re-couped the lossed from the PS3 way before last year. Mircosoft Literally gets about 1 billion each year from Xbox Live its self.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

No. Just no.

You don't think sony is looking at the killing Microsoft made. If PSN had been montized they would have re-couped the lossed from the PS3 way before last year. Mircosoft Literally gets about 1 billion each year from Xbox Live its self.

Wow. Now I wonder if Nintendo will charge for their online services. 3DS doesn't have a specific name for it's online service. Is it still called Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection?

[...

LzWinky

tendoboy1984 wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Well you did. Of course Wii U is gonna be revealed and 3DS will have a lot of focus on it

LordTendoboy

lz20XX wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Well you did. Of course Wii U is gonna be revealed and 3DS will have a lot of focus on it

Read the long list I wrote. Do you think any of those "predictions" and wishes will come true?

[...

LzWinky

I think a lot of them might come true. I just wanna see some surprises

the_shpydar

Isn't it a bit early to start speculating on e3? It's over 5 months from now.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

the_shpydar wrote:

I have a time machine.

WAT!

LzWinky

the_shpydar wrote:

So? Speculation started as soon as the last one ended. It's the same every year

kkslider5552000

what I think will happen:
-Vita, Wii U and to a slightly lesser extent 3DS dominates the show.
-Microsoft fails at their conference, just not as much as the last couple of years
-Another "Skyward Sword doesn't respond" moment
-Increasingly obscure games get sequels because why not?
-360 loses a major upcoming 3rd party game/series and it becomes a PS3 exclusive
-Paper Mario will be one of the best games there. Again. No one will care. Again.
-Miyamoto's new character is revealed
-Pikmin 3 footage
-Halo 4 gameplay saves Microsoft
-Assassin's Creed 3
-Mass Effect side game (it's inevitable)
-major Monster Hunter 4 hype
-Epic Mickey 2 officially announced, multiconsole
-Half Life 3. I'm serious.
-games other than Neverdead and 1 or 2 others to be excited about for 360 this year (admittedly, I haven't paid attention to 2012 360 games at all)

What I want
-Focus on creative, new 3rd party games. Mainly for Wii U, but other consoles too.
-a Rare game that doesn't suck
-a retail Megaman game announced. Preferably a MML1 remake or something.
-Last Story
-a 20 minute apology from Capcom
-No new Mario announcements outside of "hey Wii U will have a Mario game just so you know!" There will still be 3-4 Mario games to release anyway...
-Nintendo conference to end with a teaser trailer for a completely different kind of Zelda. Now is the time to do this.
-a more traditional 3DS Zelda so fanboys don't murder Nintendo
-a 3DS Metroid
-more info on Keiji Inafune's new game
-a completely different RPG made by the TWEWY team or a TWEWY sequel but without most of the characters and a new setting/city
-LKS2 to be advertised
-Vita to live up to the hype
-Gamefreak or Hal to make an original game
-anything with Retro Studios

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LordTendoboy

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

I'm stoked though. An HD Nintendo console... What more can you want? D:

An "Ultra High Definition" Nintendo console.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.