Forums

Topic: Your Epic RPG Tales

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

BleachFan

Here's another one that happened just recently.

You know that plant-like boss in Halloween Town in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days? It's name escapes me at the moment, but it had those tentacles that sucked you up and spit you out of the center.
Anyways, I didn't think it was that hard at first, so I was carelessly gobbling up all of my cures and whatnot (I rarely equip potions). Then I realized halfway through the battle that I was completetly out of healing stuff...and it had three bars of health left. It was time to go into defense position. The battle was drawn out more than it should have been, with me dishing out one combo per tentacle and fleeing like a little girl. I despaired whenever I got sucked in and a unattainable chunk of my health was taken out.
However, as it happened more often, I realized that it was taking less and less away...Then I remembered that my keyblade had the ability where my defense increases when I'm low on health! Still weary, I continued to cautiously attack the tentacles.
Then, it sucked me up, and I thought I was finished, but no! I had one, incredibly tiny sliver of indistinguishable health left (I seriously think I had one single solitary hit point left). So, I boldy went suicidal on the last tentacle, and took it out.
With the beast stunned, I flailed at it like a madman with my keyblade. Then, AS IT WAS GETTING BACK UP, I dealt the final blow. It was awesome.

...On a side note, whilst going back to RTC, a came upon a chest that I assumed I had missed. Upon opening it and seeing the dark cloud, by thankfully quick reflexes made me run in the opposite direction. I barely dodged the weird monkey's attack (bear in mind, I still had that sliver of health left) and made my escape. I refused to open chests until I RTC'd

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

PaupackElite

So mine isn't so much epic win as it is epic fail. I was playing FF 3 on the DS and I got to the real final boss. The problem with the final boss is the last possible actual save area, aka overworld, is 2 or more hours before this boss and if you lose you go back to the last save spot.
So anyway, I was going against the boss and he killed all my guys except my devout (super high power White Mage) and if I revived the boss would systematically kill both my guys. So I was stuck in a circle of healing and then getting almost killed every round. There was nothing I could do so I ended up trying to revive my guy and then I died and was sent back two hours back. But on to trying again.

Good day. ... I said Good day
We have to go back Kate! WE HAVE TO GO BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!
Modern Warfare Reflex Edition 5332-3502-2691
My Backloggery

BleachFan

@PaupackElite: Oh yeah, I remember that incredibly long stretch near the end...I was SO happy once I beat it! All I had left was a ninja on his last legs, and he chucked a shruiken, and I killed it! Whoo!

Edited on by BleachFan

Cipher Trailer

Firkraag

Legend of Dragoon, I finished the first CD and was craving for more. Turned out cd 2,3,4 was in German. Epic? More like Epic failure.

Once I got the discs replaced tho in the store a couple weeks later it was the day before FF9 was released so yeah, didn't finish dragoon until years later. When I finally did tho, the end boss was pretty epic, took me about 40 minutes to get that sonuvab** down.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

Chucko

When I beat Great bay temple.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

Percentful

Dragoon wrote:

Fawful's Walls of Speech in SS and BIS

this. [but I haven't played SS, only BIS.]

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Infernape1000

In Super Mario RPG, I beat Culex, if that's even an accomplishment...

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

MetalMario

It's always epic (in a different way, anyway) when the last boss is about as tough as a wet napkin.

Hooray for grinding!

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Noire

Soloing the boss fight with Saturos atop Mercury Lighthouse with a woefully under-leveled Isaac. I seriously wish I had recorded that. :3

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Digiki

BleachFan888 wrote:

You know that plant-like boss in Halloween Town in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days? It's name escapes me at the moment, but it had those tentacles that sucked you up and spit you out of the center.

That'd be Leechgrave.

I hate Leechgrave D:

Kingbuilder

BleachFan888 wrote:

@TheFox: Haha, that's hilarious! It's always fun to mess with the life of your character, knowing that there are no real consequences.

Watch the movie 'The Gamer', I hope that'll change your view about situations like that.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

BleachFan

@Digiki: I beat it on my first try, with that epic story above... Haha, it was awesome!

@Kingbuilder: I'm not 100% familiar with that plotline, but I think I know the gist of it...Still, there's no real consequences to the characters in games that aren't in a movie, I suppose...

Edited on by BleachFan

Cipher Trailer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.