Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,959

MoogleMuffins

Well, CM Punk has quit, apparently telling Vince "he's going home". He's been pulled from all future live events, doesn't look like his contract is being renewed or even fulfilling it till it officially ends in July.

If true, I feel very disappointed, I was looking forward to seeing Punk at a WWE house show in Birmingham in May this year. But it looks like he won't be there. But in all honesty maybe leaving is the best thing for Punk, he really seems to have lost that energy and passion that he's shown before. He's clearly not enjoying himself again and maybe a big longer break will help him rekindle that fire. It's going to suck having Punk not being at the WWE though, he's one of the main reasons I watch today.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Caryslan

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Well, CM Punk has quit, apparently telling Vince "he's going home". He's been pulled from all future live events, doesn't look like his contract is being renewed or even fulfilling it till it officially ends in July.

If true, I feel very disappointed, I was looking forward to seeing Punk at a WWE house show in Birmingham in May this year. But it looks like he won't be there. But in all honesty maybe leaving is the best thing for Punk, he really seems to have lost that energy and passion that he's shown before. He's clearly not enjoying himself again and maybe a big longer break will help him rekindle that fire. It's going to suck having Punk not being at the WWE though, he's one of the main reasons I watch today.

I can't say I'm shocked, he's been pretty vocal about part-timers coming in and taking the spots of guys that work 365 days a year and I think Batista coming in and winning the RR is the straw that broke the camel's back. Plus, he's pretty much been stuck in the midcard since he lost to The Rock at last year's RR. I just think its a matter of being frustrated with how he's being used, and the fact that it seems like part-timers are just pushing down the current roster, and pretty much given what they want whenever they walk through the door.

I'll still watch Raw and Smackdown on Hulu, but not having Punk on the show will suck for me since he was one of the reasons why I watched. Orton and Cena have gotten stale, and at this point, the Wyatt Family, Daniel Bryan, The Shield, and a few others are the reason why I keep watching. WWE does still have some cool stuff going on, but its amazing how things have gone over the last few days.

I did not watch the Royal Rumble, but I heard the Philly crowd turned very hostile when Batista won it, and now CM Punk is going home. This is not good for the WWE, given most of these part timers will likely leave after Mania ends. But maybe there is some silver living to Punk leaving. Maybe him being gone will finally give the WWE the proper incentive to push Bryan and some of the other younger stars Post-Mania. And at least HHH vs Bryan makes sense for Mania, although that match should have have happened at Survivor Series when things when the feud between Bryan and the Authority was still hot. Now, it will just seem like “Eh, CM Punk is gone, so Daniel Bryan will work for HHH's Mania opponent. They have some history with each other.”

Although, I wonder where CM Punk will go. TNA is in shambles right now, and ROH is having its share of problems. He's would be one of the hottest current stars right now, but there's really nowhere he can go that can take advantage of that.

Of course, this could all be part of a storyline. But I really wonder about that....

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

ELI-ASH

Supposibly Punk was planning to take a break on July but he told Vince that he was leaving before Raw. @Caryslan Yea you got it right i heard Bryan now will probably be wrestling Triple H at mania.

Punk isn't leaving the company hes just taking a break. If he was do i would love to see him in New Japan.

Edited on by ELI-ASH

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Retro_on_theGo

Aw Punk is one of my absolute favorites! It sucks he's leaving so sudden, but he constantly talked about leaving on his own terms. Apparently this is just a big break though? If so good, or else its rioting time at those part timers.

Punk's probably going to Japan or something if he leaves. Pretty sure he's talked about that before.
well.
maybe i'll get the chance to catch him around if he's coming home!

the_shpydar

Whether it's him taking a break or not is still up in the air — but he's still under contract until around July or so, so even if he decides he's not coming back, he won't be able to appear anywhere else till around the fall (assuming that Vince doesn't let him out of the contract).

But yeah, he's been very dissatisfied lately with the company, the booking, etc. And it's showed in his recent matches and appearances, as there's been something "off" with him for a while. Apparently, this developed over the past few days; first he gave an interview on Thursday where he again expressed his frustrations, then he asked to be taken off the weekend house shows (while showing up to watch the UFC fight on Saturday), worked the Rumble and then told Vince (either late Sunday or early Monday) that he was going home. Parts of RAW were apparently re-written (also explaining why no Kane on Monday, since the plan was to work towards a Punk vs. Kane match), including transitioning to the groundwork for a potential Bryan vs. HHH 'Mania match (the previous potential plan was Punk vs. HHH at 'Mania).

Very interesting week for WWE, for sure.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ELI-ASH

@Retro_on_theGo Punk was planning to go to New Japan in 05 but when WWE offer him a developmental deal that never happen.

DGUSA/Evolve booker Gabe mention CM Punk and the possibility of him working on 1 of his shows but he doubts thats gonna happen.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Splat

I'm pretty much forcing myself to watch WWE at this point and that is mainly for Punk and Bryan. With out Punk that is just more of Raw I'm going to end up fast forwarding...

If the HHH and Bryan match happens and Bryan doesn't win then I'm taking my ball and going home too.

I'm so freaking sick of Cena and Orton I could scream. And don't get me started with the guys like Batista that "look" the part but can't wrestle.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

the_shpydar

I honestly would not be surprised if they went with a triple threat (and that is a rumor making the rounds right now). If nothing else, the WM main event has (almost always) been one that Vince decrees has a "send the fans home happy" outcome, typically with the face coming out on top — and I honestly can't imagine there being that "feel good" moment being created by having Batista beat Orton ...

I have been wondering however (assuming they stick with Orton-Batista) if they build to the classic "double turn" (a la Bret Hart vs. Austin), and have Orton and Batista swap roles, which with good enough booking (HA!) could work ...

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ELI-ASH

@Retro_on_theGo the current angle with Bryan was all planned to start post wrestlemania. but because of the hijacking in the rumble they decided to speed things up.

Not sure if they would add him to the main event but anything can happen i guess.

theblackdragon

so whenever H and Stephanie come out at the beginning of a show and they do their little combined name-card thing at the bottom of the screen, i know the WWE logo is supposed to read as 'WWE' in text, but it doesn't come across that way — i swear the first time i actually looked at it, I read 'chief operations officer / Triple H / principal owner of / Stephanie McMahon' and I couldn't stop giggling for a good five minutes.

also, H vs. Bryan sounds like a damn good Wrestlemania match. I would pay to watch that match.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

So the WWE hall of fame is gonna air live on the WWE network in its entirety. That is gonna be epic! Im pretty sure warrior and Jake are gonna go long and probably the most edited once the dvd version is out.

ELI-ASH

I got the wwe network an hour early! but the stream isn't online yet . The on-demand stuff works do. I watched a few mins of the first ECW ppv(which i also own in dvd) the audio seem slightly lower.

Edited on by ELI-ASH

Tasuki

Got the WWE Network and I have to say I am enjoying it. I watched a a segment with Mean Gean, Mick Foley, Pat Patterson, Michael Hayes and Dusty Rhoads about the worst characters in WWE histroy which was good. Also watched the very first Royal Rumble. Going to have fun watching all the old PPVs.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Splat

I have never been a Batista fan but I almost feel bad for him. His comeback has been a disaster.

Tasuki

Anyone else experiencing problems with WWE Network. So far the last hour or so every show I have tried to watch plays for 5 mins and then stops running and an error message pops up. I figure it's new they gotta work the kinks out but I was wondering if this is happening to everyone.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

Anyone else experiencing problems with WWE Network. So far the last hour or so every show I have tried to watch plays for 5 mins and then stops running and an error message pops up. I figure it's new they gotta work the kinks out but I was wondering if this is happening to everyone.

I don't actually have it but have read of alot of people have trouble.

Edited on by Splat

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic