Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,969

Tasuki

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Anyone catch RAW last night?

I did. I think the best part for me was the fact that one of my favorite wrestlers of all time is getting put into the HoF.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MoogleMuffins

Tasuki wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Anyone catch RAW last night?

I did. I think the best part for me was the fact that one of my favorite wrestlers of all time is getting put into the HoF.

Well deserved as well, he looks in fantastic shape, DDP's yoga really is doing wonders for others who have been in bad shape.

No CM Punk or Kane on the show though, I thought Punk was only having the Saturday off for the UFC show, unless something else occurred. The main event was fantastic though, looks like the Wyatt's will be feuding with the Shield at some point.

Edited on by MoogleMuffins

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

theblackdragon

about DB, i gotta say i love him as a wrestler, but his storylines... ergh. Team Hell No was the last time I really enjoyed his 'character' on-screen (and it was mostly his chemistry with Kane, y'know? they were hilarious together), that whole business afterward with him being all insecure with himself and taking it out on everyone else just pissed me off, and then him vs. The Authority? it's been done. meh.

I did like that whole thing in the cage a while back where he turned the tables on the Wyatts, though. i'd hoped it was gonna happen but you can never be sure whether the writers will give you what you want or it'll all just go to crap, y'know?

and i miss Dolph Ziggler, but I'm very glad AJ seems to not be around so much anymore, and I'm liking where Big E's going.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

@MoogleMuffins: I will take a guess and say that the Wyatt's and The Shield will be going at it at Wrestlemania. As for Jake the Snake I agree he looks great. I can't wait to see who else is going into this year's HoF.

@theblackdragon: Yeah see that's where I am with DB, I missed the whole Team Hell No angle and I am in the same boat that all his storylines were meh. That's why I didn't get the hype behind him. I mean yeah he can wrestling but his storylines bore me. Of course that is more the writers fault then him so I shouldn't take it out on him but well it's him acting it out if you know what I am trying to get it.

My Backlog

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: plenty of great acting-type wrestlers in the WWE have had crap storylines before — one of the worst examples IMO was Eddie Guerrero's last one, that whole 'i'm your papi' bit. Eddie was a wonderful actor amongst wrestlers (and i know i still miss him, even if his death did launch Vickie into the role of one of my most favorite heels ever), but i couldn't watch those bits where he was going after Rey's kid. There was no saving that storyline. I get that acting is half of it, but even the best actor can't save a plot if the plot is crap, so i don't think it's fair to load all the blame onto Bryan's shoulders.

i think he'll get to the point someday where he's genuinely fun to watch both in and out of matches and i'll look forward to watching him act out a storyline, but that day kinda isn't here yet for me i don't think. not entirely, though again i did quite enjoy that steel cage match recently, lol.

BEST THREAD EVER

Tasuki

@theblackdragon: I totally agree with you. That's why I actually took a long brake like I did from the WWE and only got back into it the last couple of weeks. These storylines were just bad IMO. And while I know it's not fair to blame the actor those bad storylines do effect me on how I like the wrestler or not. But in all honestly even the great ones like Stone Cold and Rock even had bad storylines or gimmicks at the beginning of their careers (anyone remember Stunning Steve Austin?) so I just need to wait for DB and the others to blossom I guess you can say. Although I find it hard for them to do that in something like WWE when they bring back someone like Batista and have him win the Royal Rumble (yes I know its good for rating blah blah blah) but then there are others like Ryback for example which for awhile there looked like he was going somewhere and now he is randomly paired with someone else to make an awkward tag team?

As for the case with DB I was just wondering if I was missing something cause everyone was like oh he's so great and he should have won the Rumble which apparently I did cause I dont follow the indies and when then have a bad storyline in the WWE I tend to pay less attention to them.

My Backlog

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: I take breaks pretty regularly, actually, or i'll do my best to ignore what's going on if it's a piece of a storyline i don't like. i totally feel you there, mang :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Tasuki

@theblackdragon: Yeah funny thing last year up until a week ago was my first break from the WWE in years. Last time I took one was right before the whole Monday Night Wars Attitude Era started. Ever since the Attitude Era, I watched it pretty much non stop untill about a year ago.

Oh one another thing has anyone heard of any news concerning Undertaker and this years Mania?

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

MoogleMuffins

Tasuki wrote:

@theblackdragon: Yeah funny thing last year up until a week ago was my first break from the WWE in years. Last time I took one was right before the whole Monday Night Wars Attitude Era started. Ever since the Attitude Era, I watched it pretty much non stop untill about a year ago.

Oh one another thing has anyone heard of any news concerning Undertaker and this years Mania?

Yeah apparently it's set to be Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker, there were some concerns about having the match between the two due to how rough Brock's fighting style is and how beat up Taker is at this age. But it looks like they are still going through with it.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

theblackdragon

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I hope they don't do that, lol. I'm not willing to doubt that Lesnar could possibly kill Taker in the ring at his age. Lesnar should win Elimination Chamber and face Batista at Mania so the main event won't be a Boo fest

aww, not up for a Rock vs. Cena triple-play? nm, no one's up for that actually

... though i do love me some Rock when he's messing with people. that song for Vickie from last year was freakin' priceless

BEST THREAD EVER

ELI-ASH

@Tasuki Well the rumors say taker could be wrestling Brock this year.

I started watching WWE since late 01,early 02. i don't think i ever took breaks. XD now TNA on the other hand i have gone 6 months without watching it. numerous times.

Do any1 of you guys watch NXT? last i heard it was free on hulu.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Mr_Trill_281

sting is next one going to hall of fame its all over yahoo about timeeeeee...

"Its All About Those 2x Houston Rockets, 5x Dallas Cowboys, 1x Houston Astros, Texas A&M Aggies".

Tasuki

@Mr_Trill281: Sting can't go into the WWE HoF since he has never been with the promotion. He is however in the TNA HoF.

As for Taker and Brock I know they have been trying to set that up for a few years but UFC always put a stop to it cause at the time Brock was signed with them so it would make sense that they do it now.

My Backlog

ELI-ASH

@Tasuki You don't have to be in WWE to be in the hall of fame. They inducted: Antonio Inoki, and Abdullah the butcher(i think he was but hes more known for his run in Japan)

From what i heard Sting is getting WWE contract,not sure if that includes a HoF entry too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Tasuki

@Eli-Ash: THey always have a celebrate entry in the HoF as well that I just remember like Donald Trump, Drew Carrey, Pete Rose etc, but I honestly dont see Sting getting in on that. As for Antonio Inoki he was put while its true that he wasn't in WWE he is very good friends with Vince and have done business with him in the past between WWE and NJPW. As for Abdullah he was in WCW for awhile so that kinda counts since all WCW rights went to WWE after the buyout.

As for Sting he owns the rights which is being used in TNA so unless he quits or gets fired by TNA he can't be in the WWE HoF. Besides these rumors pop up every time about this year about Sting coming to the WWE or being put in the HoF. Heck I remember last year a rumor going around that Sting was going to fight Undertaker at WM. I mean dont get me wrong I would love to see Sting in the WWE but I dont thing it will happend. For one thing Sting himself said that he wont go to the WWE cause he doesn't think the writers and such will handle the Sting character correctly which is the big reason he's not been in the WWE.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

^The WWE HoF isn't exclusively for those who've been with WWE/WWF, but it's unlikely to occur (and I agree Sting won't be inducted any time soon). Constant rumors swirl about Sting vs. Undertaker at WM, but I don't think it's likely to happen (at least not this year).

Brock vs. Taker is the most likely scenario right now, but there's also been some talk about Daniel Bryan vs. Taker as the possible WM matchup.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ELI-ASH

@Tasuki Sting was just written off TNA tv on the genesis event that was taped a week ago. So its at least confirmed that hes done with TNA.

Edited on by ELI-ASH

Tasuki

Yeah I have been hearing that Sting did in fact leave TNA and there are rumors that he is in talks with WWE. Of course if these are true (and man do I hope they are) it's probably to late for a Taker/Sting match at WM, but still an appearance by him at WM. OMG!!!!

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic