Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,959

MoogleMuffins

@theblackdragon

Yeah what is going on with Steph and Triple H, are they heel or face? (sorry If I'm bring in pro wrestling lingo and some people don't get it). Like you said that whole scene with Steph and Kane was strange, why would they want him to apologise to Punk, Did they forget all the insults he spouted towards them and their family in 2011 in the Summer of Punk?

You're right again, monster gimmicks used to be fantastic, I think Kane was supposed to be a one-off character just to feud with Undertaker, but he ended up getting immensely popular and was definitely in or just under the top 5 in popularity in the attitude era.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

theblackdragon

@MoogleMuffins: if i had to theorize or anything... I'm gettin' the feeling that Vince ain't gettin' any younger, so they've sorta had H take his place on-screen. If you look at him as a Vince McMahon stand-in, his place in the WWE world seems clearer. H himself has always been ambiguous at best, flip-flopping from heel to face as he pleased (or as the writers wrote him, whatever), he can be as serious as he can be hilarious, so i think he's perfect for the role, really. it's not his fault Stephanie has always been a beast, lol. as for her making him apologize to Punk... well, he was in the wrong, and she had to keep him in line, i guess. it kinda made sense from a corporate standpoint (like the thing with H and the potential lawsuit from Big Show a while ago), and it sorta reminded the rest of us that he's very much a puppet in whatever game The Authority is playing at the moment. Stephanie seems to be playing 'legal enforcer' or something, since she was the one to insist to both of them that they were in the wrong and they had to go out and apologize and whatnot in both situations, come to think of it.

as for things that have happened in the past, you know as well as I do that WWE tends to ignore (ahem) major happenings like that if it's convenient for them to do so. if they ever decide to go after Punk for srs I'm sure they'll trot that amazing rant of his out again, but for now, it seems they're letting it slide. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

@MoogleMuffins @theblackdragon what i keep hearing from the dirtsheets is this whole "authority" angle will end with vinny coming back (with Daniel Bryan at his side)and taking over control or something, Vince was on tv twice and nothing happen yet.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

theblackdragon

@ELI-ASH: i try to avoid the dirt sheets and proper wrestling forum to avoid spoilers (and excess behind-the-scenes seriousness, i prefer to stay properly bamboozled)... but dammit. I want Vince to step back and let H take over in his place as ambiguous antagonist, I really do.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

The thing I dont get is why all the hype for Daniel Bryan? I mean I understand that alot of people don't like the decision of Batista winning the Royal Rumble but I can see why they did. Honestly I dont get the hype for Daniel Bryan, I honestly think Batista is better the DB who I find rather bland.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MoogleMuffins

Tasuki wrote:

The thing I dont get is why all the hype for Daniel Bryan? I mean I understand that alot of people don't like the decision of Batista winning the Royal Rumble but I can see why they did. Honestly I dont get the hype for Daniel Bryan, I honestly think Batista is better the DB who I find rather bland.

I'm sure Vince wish we all thought like that. I don't even hate Batista, but Daniel Bryan has become such a huge underdog character everyone can get behind him. Everyone's annoyed because you have guys busting their behinds to get to the top and part timers keep coming back to steal the spotlight on the biggest show of them all.

But I cannot understand why you say Daniel is bland and Batista isn't? Did you hear his promo on RAW last week?

How generic and boring can you get?

]

ELI-ASH

@Tasuki Daniel Bryan always has the best match with any opponent week after week. going in every1 knew batista was winning it. Thats why they hijacked the show.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

the_shpydar

Tasuki wrote:

Daniel Bryan can wrestle.
Batista can not.

I could be more nuanced about it, but that about sums it up.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

for the record, Daniel Bryan is my favorite underdog in wrestling, just from a character perspective alone.

My previous statement was one of frustration at least as much as trolling, if not more so.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tasuki

@MoggleMuffins: You do have a point but I dont know I have always enjoyed it when some of the older guys come back after being gone for awhile.

@the_shpydar: Ok I can see that point that Daniel Bryan has better technique but I dont know I guess I just like Batista's storylines more or something.

Also I will admit the last time I really watched Bryan was about a year ago and I just can't put my finger on it but something just annoyed me with him.

My Backlog

Retro_on_theGo

Wow, this is the most active this thread's been in a while lol.

Daniel Bryan is ace! The reason I like him so much is that he's just a fun character, the underdog, and that's really it. He's just a guy trying hard, making him appear relatable even. Not to mention I love the YES! chant haha. And as mentioned, HE CAN WRESTLE!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

ELI-ASH

Bryan also was basically a legend in the independents (even more so than CM Punk) So coming to wwe Bryan already had a fanbase.

kkslider5552000

also it's nice to see a babyface main eventer (which he basically is despite all the nonsense) that doesn't come across so much as the "trying too hard to be cool, kind of more of a jerk than the bad guys" guy like everyone whose been trying too hard to be Austin or Rock.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MoogleMuffins

ELI-ASH wrote:

Bryan also was basically a legend in the independents (even more so than CM Punk) So coming to wwe Bryan already had a fanbase.

I remember Chris Jericho saying in an interview after Daniel Bryan had a match with him on NXT, Chris went straight to Vince and basically said this guy is great he can definitely be a star here.

And Vince turned round and said "Who's gonna get behind a guy who doesn't eat meat?"

Untitled

Edited on by MoogleMuffins

]

the_shpydar

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Did Wade Barrett go completely insane or something?

Just another victim of the heads-up-their-donkey "powers that be" in WWE.
(See Also: Dolph Ziggler, et al)
Barrett is excellent, and could easily be a huge main event player if they hadn't buried him so badly over the past two years or so.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Did Wade Barrett go completely insane or something?

Just another victim of the heads-up-their-donkey "powers that be" in WWE.
(See Also: Dolph Ziggler, et al)
Barrett is excellent, and could easily be a huge main event player if they hadn't buried him so badly over the past two years or so.

I also noticed that Ryback got buried as well. When I last watched he was or so it seemed on the way to main event status now he has happened what has happened to alot of potent main eventers, placed with a random superstar to make an awkward tag team stable.

I guess unless your name isn't Cena, Orton, Lesnar. etc. you dont go anywhere.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic